Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 16: March 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The H&M Conscious Collection is pricier than the clothes sold in the stores. Also, not all stores carry the collection, so it's hard to get them. The collection uses higher quality fabrics and the tailoring is actually very good. They make limited numbers so they sell out faster. On eBay, the Conscious Collection dresses command higher prices than the ones they sell in stores.

I hope the princesses will continue to wear normal brands. Because each time they do, I google the clothes and check whether I want to buy them also. I definitely can't do this with Prada clothes simply because I don't have the money.

It's strange how the image of a store can differ between countries.
In my country (the Netherlands) the H&M is certainly not seen as cheap and trashy.

In Poland H&M is seen as overpriced brand, as well Zara and Mango. Of course you can find there good quality clothes, especially these from special collections or designed in collaboration with well known fashion brands.

When I was student (and of course with nooo penny) I was bying a lot of H&M. Clothes were nice, but of awful quality.... so bad that they could not finish the season!! I mean you were bying a cardigan in october, and before the end of winter the thing was dead, lost its color, its shape and dicreasing its size! But of course, since we could even not afford a Benetton, the H&M was welcome! Of course at this time Zara did not exist..
So when I started working, I never bought H&M again.
I regularly return to the H&M shops, but the clothes are still of such a bad quality, shapeless... I would even not spend 25 euros for an item. So I really do not understand how Mary or Kate can wear them, unless they just wear them only once and after they throw them away!!
For CP Victoria is different, brand is Swedish, so she wears them like an act of compliment....
Zara is not comparable, quality is very good.

I cannot understand how can Princess Mary wear H&M..This is such a cheap and tacky store..her ein portugal they have lots of big stores with lots and lots of clothes that have no taste and the fabric is very very poor..it is almost impossible to find a good piece there...the dress seem nice on her but if it really and H&M dress so it is a very poor fabric dress...and nothing I would buy...ever!

Right!!

How much does this dress cost??

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry but I honestly don't know how people can call H&M clothes tacky when certain designer clothes worn (worth thousands might I add) look 20x worse. I went in to H&M today to find some new dresses for my summer wardrobe and the clothes in there are lovely. I tried to look for Mary's dress in the conscious collection and couldn't find it.

Oh and I don't know what kind of jumpers you bought from H&M, frandesacs, but I bought one nearly 4 years ago before going on school trip and I wore it to meet The Queen today. It's still got it's shape, and it's colour.

Conscious Collection dresses - I have never heard about this collection but here in portugal H&M stores are consider to be cheap stores, with no quality at all...not comparable to Zara...Zara is really good comapring to H&M here in Portugal...the quality and shape of the clothes are really bad and it is very cheap...

Sorry but I honestly don't know how people can call H&M clothes tacky when certain designer clothes worn (worth thousands might I add) look 20x worse. .

To this you are right!!! Some expensive brands should be ashamed for the quality they sell...:bang:
But this fact does not inprove H&M bad quality.

Oh and I don't know what kind of jumpers you bought from H&M, frandesacs, but I bought one nearly 4 years ago before going on school trip and I wore it to meet The Queen today. It's still got it's shape, and it's colour.
In this case you are lucky!! For the good item you bought, and for meeting the Queen :cool:

To go back to Mary's dress, it is true that in the picture it looks lovely. Nevertheless, any item worn just once, and only seen in picture, might look nice. Mary has a toned and nice figure, lovely posture and hair, even a potato bag will appear nice on her.

Conscious Collection dresses - I have never heard about this collection but here in portugal H&M stores are consider to be cheap stores, with no quality at all...not comparable to Zara...Zara is really good comapring to H&M here in Portugal...the quality and shape of the clothes are really bad and it is very cheap...

Same in Greece

Another point. Some brands (including H&M) have been accused for slavery. Using very bad paid staff, in poor countries, like Cambodia, etc etc. The only way to stop this is not to buy from them. Princess Mary, and all the other rich ladies should be very carefull. In order to wear "another" dress, they indirectly promote inhuman behaviors. Of course the average girl, who can not afford expensive things, is very happy to have a nice dress for 20 euros, and she is forbidden, but a Princess should not wear items from brands suspected to provoke such human dramas.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hennes_%26_Mauritz
Look at the end, under "controversy"

Last edited by a moderator:
Several royal ladies have worn H&M clothes. I don't see how it's problematic if the clothes are presentable and appropriate. I believe the purpose is to show that they're not all spending gobs of money on clothes as Mary has been accused frequently.

Last edited:
I suspect H&M, like other shops, vary the cost and quality of their wears depending of the econony of the area they are serving. In Toronto for example you can go to the same store but in different neighbourhoods and you will see a variation of whats on offer. The more affluent the area the store serves the better the quality and the higher the cost of what is on offer, or at least you will find higher end items along with the lower markets items. Go to a less affluent area of the city and the same store will only offer the lower end market items. Just makes good business sense.

It doesn't matter to me what store these ladies get their clothing from, as long as it looks good on them and the store doesn't violate human rights. I've seen high-priced designer clothing that's looked worse on them.

This particular dress is from a collection that was released last October, so you won't find it in stores today. It is also hard to find on ebay for some reason. I tried it on several times, and it is simply fantastic! The cut is great, and so is the quality. Sadly enough, I did not manage to find the right size, although I searched half Manhattan for it. I did manage to buy a skirt from this collection, though, one that was also worn by Mary, and it is an amazing piece. It will last many years. People do not believe me when I say it is H&M.

MYROYALS: PR

This particular dress is from a collection that was released last October, so you won't find it in stores today. It is also hard to find on ebay for some reason. I tried it on several times, and it is simply fantastic! The cut is great, and so is the quality. Sadly enough, I did not manage to find the right size, although I searched half Manhattan for it. I did manage to buy a skirt from this collection, though, one that was also worn by Mary, and it is an amazing piece. It will last many years. People do not believe me when I say it is H&M.

I Like Her Shoes Here Very Much But The Outfit Not Very Looks Very Old Style , Thanx For Posting :flowers:

I agree ashelen really awful stuff and well so why her as a choice ... is she the only one in Denmark??

I agree ashelen really awful stuff and well so why her as a choice ... is she the only one in Denmark??

She might not dress well but that is her style. When she comes to dress others she does a really good job. Everyone has their style, she will dress accordingly.

Now I can understand why Princess Mary wears H&M because here in Portugal is a really cheap and not chic fashion store...it is much worse than Zara....but I have never heard about this particular collection, and we don't have it here in Portugla, so now I can understand...because it is so dificult to find a beautiful piece in that store!!!!

I think she looks lovely. It certainly doesn't look cheap or unfashionable when worn by Mary..

Crown Princess Mary has visited the soldier mission in Fredericia today, April 10, 2012,
wearing a ladies' suit in brown - a good choice for the event:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

I love the military style jacket, but I don't like the blouse peaking through so much. The color is appropriate for meeting a member of the military. I love the look with that gorgeous belt.

Last edited:
Mary looks great in this. Its almost an olive green, not an easy color to wear IMO. I like the softness of the blouse underneath but the suit would look good without also.

I love the military style jacket, but I don't like the blouse peaking through so much. The color is appropriate for meeting a member of the military. I love the look with that gorgeous belt.

From what I can see, there is no blouse peeking out of the jacket. The satin ruffles at the bottom, wrist and neck area are attached to the jacket. She has worn this before.

The jacket is by Strenesse.
http://i337.photobucket.com/albums/n374/royalmb/mary/strenesse/greenjacket.jpg

I'd have liked the jacket better without the ruffles and those are a lot of pockets, too busy with the belt. It's too dark of a color as well paired with the slacks.

Last edited:
Its more hunting outfit rather than military. Despite the type of the event, I find it too dark. The belt looks silly.

I like the jacket but not the overall look.
A bit too dark for my taste.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom