The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 05:04 PM
Aristocracy

I am realy disappointed by Mary choices in this trip.All outfits were a bit casual though maybe the events she attended were less formal or mismatched or too tight . The evening dress was a mess,the only outfit I like was the one for the football match.I'm sorry to give her B- or even C.

Old 10-26-2011, 06:29 PM
Courtier

I didn't like her choices this trip either...It is alright to have signature styles and trademarks, which Mary has, it only becomes a problem when these signatures or trademarks become boring...I liked her assymetrical printed floral dress and the other print dress but I am over the tweed jackets and I think lack of COLOUR is my main criticism...She is from Scandinavia, home of Marimekko (Finland) and her palette for this trip was distinctly BEIGE...I would have liked to see the colours of the Dannebrog evoked, bit of red to liven up the downtown black...MAry usually does wear colour so this selection of outfits was decidedly DULL...That is all...

Old 10-27-2011, 11:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Despite de evening dress that was too shinny, too celebrity and too tight she was very elegant in all events...very similar after the flower dress, I also consider these events not to formal, so her choices were all right to me, those jackets were the very best pieces !!
Old 10-27-2011, 07:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I was disappointed in her choices for this trip. The first dress was great, but the poor fit of the evening dress and the skirt on the last day, both WAY too tight, were really unforgiveable for a royal IMO, who would have easy access to tailors.
Colors representing either Denmark or the USA would have been a nice touch.
Old 10-28-2011, 01:19 AM
Courtier

That's a pretty blouse with the beige skirt.
Old 10-28-2011, 03:47 AM
Heir Apparent

The skirt and blouse on the last day was a bilt sloopy looking IMO I thought generally speaking she wore some nice outfits just nice. Nothing standout, though I liked the silver gown and the neckline was lovely on her once the full pics are viewed it was a messy situation ,all the adjustments. She looked nice..... on tour that's all.
Old 10-28-2011, 04:03 AM
Courtier

The choise of outfits were not spectacular, more boring. The style and the colors were boring. I didn't like any of the pants she wore - too short. I loved the shoes. The evening dress - a disaster. I was very disappointed as normaly she chooses very well in evening events. Her figure is fantastic. She could have done so much better with beautiful dresses she usually wears.
Old 10-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Courtier

Maybe this is her mid-life crisis...She doesn't know which direction to go in, she can't dress like a 20-something anymore and is too young yet to dress like a 50-something...she is caught somewhere in between...
Old 10-28-2011, 10:37 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
Maybe this is her mid-life crisis...She doesn't know which direction to go in, she can't dress like a 20-something anymore and is too young yet to dress like a 50-something...she is caught somewhere in between...
To dress like the 30 - something, early 40 would be the solution then
Old 10-28-2011, 11:18 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaNotherThing View Post
This is so funny...Mary is wearing a few outfits that some posters don't like,
and from that you jump to her having a mid-life crisis....

I think she knows very well which direction she is going and what she wants to wear: outfits that she, herself likes. Like the ones in NY.
Old 10-28-2011, 11:38 AM
Heir Apparent

I couldn't have said it better if I tried, Nordic! Mary is probably the best dressed princess of all but she can't please everyone every time. Mid-life crisis... how laughable. :)
Old 10-28-2011, 06:12 PM
Courtier

Nordic, you were one of ther posters who didn't like her outfits...So I am happy to provide the light relief and emphasise the triviality of focussing on such matters...Anytime :)
Old 10-29-2011, 11:29 PM
Nobility

For me, this was not the best collection of daywear from Mary -- not that there was anything wrong it, I just feel very neutral about her choices. My favorite look would have to be the outfit from day 1.
Old 10-31-2011, 01:51 AM
Courtier

Not the best wardrobe she's worn on a trip but it wasn't terrible either.
Old 10-31-2011, 03:12 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubies View Post
So all in all friends, what do we think of Mary's NY trip in terms of fashion... I will give her a B-. I usually love her "trips" and I did like some choices. I thought her accesories could have been better but overall it was a solid...good!
I'l give her a B. There were a few hits, and a couple misses for me. And as much as I like/appreciate a tweed jacket with an outfit, everyday, every outfit is a bit much.
Old 10-31-2011, 06:05 PM
Administrator

Crown Princess Mary today, October 31, at the launch of this year's Christmas Seal in Copenhagen
- a nice look, right for the occasion.

** Upper part **
Old 10-31-2011, 06:39 PM
Courtier

Love this outfit...now I just need to see the shoes
Old 10-31-2011, 06:47 PM
Majesty

I love what she chose to wear. Her hair, make up and jewelry are very nice as well.

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Crown Princess Mary today, October 31, at the launch of this year's Christmas Seal in Copenhagen
- a nice look, right for the occasion.

** Upper part **
No belt?! The minute I saw the cardigan and the blouse, my first thought was "And her favourite skinny belt will be there as well." I've always liked that skirt though.
Old 11-01-2011, 12:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

Love the blouse & skirt. Not too crazy about the cardigan though.