The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion > Archives

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 09:53 PM
Courtier

Mary looks gr8! Luv the headpiece she's wearing. The nice thing about off-white is it goes with any color.

Old 04-14-2011, 11:44 PM
Courtier

Ok, my views.
Hair, stunning, clean simple and elegant. Love that she used the same headpiece, it complemented her hairstyle.
Dress, lovely, elegant, classic and beautiful regal colour. I love the cut, fit, fabric.
The brooch is so pretty and i agree with whoever posted before, its like the dress was made to go with the stunning sapphire colour.
Her shoes were simple and didn't compete with anything.
Makeup was flawless, as expected.

One of my all time favourites.

Old 04-15-2011, 02:04 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
is the head piece sthe same ads the other baptisim? i don't know why for me looks a little bit different
Yes it is the same use in the previous Christenings.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:17 AM
Nobility

Loved this blue dress on Mary. The colour really suits Mary and the white christening gown stands out nicely against it. Also really liked the nude shoes which didn't compete with the dress.

Never been a fan of the headpiece but she was always going to wear it.

This is my favourite of all three of her christening outfits.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:43 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I thought Mary's outfit was fabulous, although I was hoping for a more gender neutral color considering there is a boy and a girl. I feel like Josie is kinda getting shafted here and more emphasis is being placed on Vinnie in regards to M's outfit.
Actually, I thought the way Mary and Frederik worked it looked great. She in blue carrying her daughter and he carrying his son whilst wearing a (very) pink tie.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:28 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
Actually, I thought the way Mary and Frederik worked it looked great. She in blue carrying her daughter and he carrying his son whilst wearing a (very) pink tie.
I didn't even notice the color of his tie.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:37 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looked beautiful from head to toe. Lovely hairdo, good neckline and jewelry, just enough.
Fabulous cut and color of the dress and shoes idid not compete.

Amazied at how she could carry a baby, with perfect posture, going DOWN steps (in the church) without looking down once, trying to control her daughter and smile.
Wow!
Old 04-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Courtier

Quote:
I thought Mary's outfit was fabulous, although I was hoping for a more gender neutral color considering there is a boy and a girl. I feel like Josie is kinda getting shafted here and more emphasis is being placed on Vinnie in regards to M's outfit.
I think they presented themselves very much as a family yesterday and I actually liked how the elder children were included into the "colour game". Mary, holding the girl, wore blue and Isabella, sharing the sex with her sister, pink. The ladies were more colourful than the gentlemen of course. But Frederik, holding the boy, wore a pink tie and Christian, sharing the sex with his brother, a blue shirt.

Mary looked very feminine and very elegant/regal but I thought the colour of the shoes did not really match with the headpiece. The hair & headpiece this time was the best of all 3 christenings.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:40 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricarda View Post
I think they presented themselves very much as a family yesterday and I actually liked how the elder children were included into the "colour game". Mary, holding the girl, wore blue and Isabella, sharing the sex with her sister, pink. The ladies were more colourful than the gentlemen of course. But Frederik, holding the boy, wore a pink tie and Christian, sharing the sex with his brother, a blue shirt.

Mary looked very feminine and very elegant/regal but I thought the colour of the shoes did not really match with the headpiece. The hair & headpiece this time was the best of all 3 christenings.
i agree sooooo much with you... yesterday we had the prove how we miss mary so much... simply elegant and gorgeous, very classic and discretly beautiful...

and yes, the hair and the headband looked better than the previos christenings...

Quote:
the couple were very carefull with all the details...
Old 04-15-2011, 03:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Totally stunning the whole thing ..... amazing thanks for all the posts that kept all of us updated.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:50 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllieCat View Post
I must be out on my own here. I thought Princess Mary looked matronly and the hat dreadful; i've never liked it.

And Princess Marie looked fantastic, there almost looks like there's a generation apart between the two.
What about the look was matronly? The hair maybe? It was a bit stiff. I too didn't use to like her hat but the more I see the more I like it. One of the positives of Mary having so many kids.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:45 PM
Courtier

Well, we probably have seen the headpiece for the last time.
So those who didn't like it can relax now.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashelen View Post
I think she look stunning in all 3 baptisim!
I have to agree with you- she looked gorgeous and elegant in all of her children's Christenings- such a lovely family.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:36 AM
Royal Highness

Mary looked beautiful as always and I wonder if her headpiece may have been a hat of her mother's or her mother's hat altered into a headpiece? Contrary to opinion, I've liked it very much.
Old 04-16-2011, 05:23 AM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know about the designer of this wonderful blue dress?

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 04-16-2011, 05:55 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Funny that you didn't notice that Vincent was getting "shafted" and more emphasis being places on Josephine in regards to Fred's outfit
Old 04-16-2011, 06:39 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccile View Post
Does anyone know about the designer of this wonderful blue dress?
On myroyal's, it was discussed that the dress was from LK Bennett, but I don't think so. The foldings on the neckline, at the waist and at the top of the sleeves are differrent.
We can see the dress better without babies in her arms: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PGFualUR1V...1600/11118.jpg
Old 04-16-2011, 06:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I thought it rather charming that the colour of Frederik's tie matched the colour of Isbella's dress. Instead of corresponding with his wife's attire, he complimented his daughters. Quite darling.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 04-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by mellie View Post
On myroyal's, it was discussed that the dress was from LK Bennett, but I don't think so. The folding on the neckline, at the waist and at the top of the sleeves are differrent.
We can see the dress better without babies in her arms: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-PGFualUR1V...1600/11118.jpg

You are right, it is definetly not the LK Bennet dress that has been shown at myroyals
Old 04-16-2011, 07:56 AM
Courtier

You know, it could be that dress but with alterations to have it more personalised. Just a thought perhaps? The waistline is similar.