The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark > Current Events Archive

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2008, 02:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Carina is calculating gold digger woman who just wants to become a German princess. She is playing her "role" perfectly. Now she dresses and behaves like a princess. Secret of success: Behave and dress like who would like to become!This is what she learned in the fashion business.

The Nigel award, attending royal engagements are all PR strategy in order to prove the German court that she does something useful in spite of her model career. Each model and actress wants to have force a wealthy or nobel man to married. I wonder why we are able to find only two pictures of her model career because maybe she has nude photos as well .

Um, that's a tad harsh, don't you think, Guido? Although I don't agree with you, could you please tell us why and how you came to this conclusion that she is a "golddigger"? What evidence do you have to support your claim? Did you date her or something? It is a fact, afterall, that she was finanicially stable prior to meeting Gustav as well as having a successful career not only as a model, but more importantly as an illustrator and an author of two books plus one more coming out soon.

Old 03-18-2008, 03:21 PM
Courtier

She┤s still not a princess and probably never will be because of that dumb will. If Gustav loves her and she doesn┤t mind him not to marry her (ever) then what┤s the problem? I┤d call some members of royal families "social climbers" (f.i. Carlos Morales) but who cares? If they were married by royals then it┤s their problem to live with.

Old 04-01-2008, 02:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Here are two images of Carina when she accompanied HRH Crown Princess Mary to the whatchamacallit event on March 15, 2008. I must say that she looks completely different in the first mega close-up shot (or maybe it's my giant computer screen thus making various images look bigger than they are), and she is wearing very heavy foundation and eyebrow shadow. Way too much. Nevertheless, I still like her despite the pancake foundation. Also, there has been some confusion on the 'Net in regards to her ethnicity. Carina is Mexican-American and Swedish. Her nationality is American. Born and raised. Her mother is Mexican-American. Simply put: Carina is not European.
*Photo links courtesy and property of Pressefotografforbundet and S°ren Steffen.
Old 04-01-2008, 04:54 PM
Nobility

OMG, this woman wears very-heavy make up! No wonder she was a model. I wonder how she looks without any foundation.
Old 04-01-2008, 05:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Probably the same, Guido. I'm really curious, and I mean this in a polite manner, but why so much animosity towards Carina?
Old 04-02-2008, 07:36 AM
Nobility

Just look around the world. Everbody knows that the most models and actresses are gold digger who hunt after wealthy men. For example Heather Mills, Carla Bruni and many many other famous and less-known models and actresses. Each of them wants to have a rich and infuential man married.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Guido, I have to say that this is not the first time on this forum that you seem to have shown such incredible animosity towards women in general. There are a number of other threads where you have stated things such as "motherhood is not a job" etc. So I would really like to know, respectfully and in all genuine curiosity, the same as GT. Why the criticism?
Old 04-03-2008, 03:14 PM
Courtier

How long has Carina been in the picture as a permanent girlfriend of Gustav?? To my knowledge they are still not engaged.....does Carina actually do anything???
Old 04-03-2008, 03:29 PM
Heir Apparent

They've been involved for 3 or 4 years. They are still not engage because Gustav is still fighting to overturn that will. Carina was a model and does somehing with children's books now I think.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Yes, Carina writes childrens books. There is more information posted earlier in the thread regarding Nigel (one of her characters) and a foundation/prize that was set up in Bad Berleburg
Old 04-04-2008, 12:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

what exactly says the will?
Old 04-04-2008, 12:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Lengthy details as well as thorough discussions regarding the Will can be found at the beginning of this topic.

Cliff Notes version: Gustav must marry an Aryan, Protestant, and Noble women.

Here is a small summary from her book, Nigel of Hyde Park published in 2004:

Quote:
Did you know that since the beginning of time all parks have been ruled by dragons? And that today the descendants of those first ancient dragons still wield power over a green empire that stretches across the globe? Nigel (His Divine Highness Prince Nigel Arthur Alfred George, Prince of Hyde. Earl of Kensington, Hereditary Pendragon of England) watches over a very special park, the most famous park in all of England. The Queen has decided it is time that Nigel became king... but Nigel is scared of everything. He is scared of the dark, he is scared of monsters, he is scared of deep water, he is scared of spiders and spooky noises. How, he asks himself, will he be able to control a kingdom when he is scared of everything? This simple and sweet tale recounts how and where Nigel finally finds courage. A walk through Hyde Park will never be the same!
Finally, she is on the cover of the Swedish magazine, Svensk Dam Tidning
Old 04-04-2008, 01:38 PM
Courtier

Carina & Mary seem to be good friends
Old 04-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
does Carina actually do anything???
Please read, from the beginning of, this topic. Her job and other activities have been stated over and over again.

Quote:
Carina & Mary seem to be good friends
I believe so.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:43 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
Just look around the world. Everbody knows that the most models and actresses are gold digger who hunt after wealthy men. For example Heather Mills, Carla Bruni and many many other famous and less-known models and actresses. Each of them wants to have a rich and infuential man married.
Carla Bruni was born into a very wealthy family and, unlike Carina, Carla was a successful model who earned millions of dollars on her own merit. She is probably wealthier than Sarkozy so 'golddigger' wouldn't be an appropriate term for her.
Old 04-05-2008, 06:12 PM
Courtier

Couldn't Gustav and Carina just be a couple in love, why does Carina have to be a golddigger just because Gustav is wealthy? There is no guarantee the will can be overturned in court and it is a legal battle that could last many years, I really don't think someone so young and beautiful would willingly give up many years of her life on the off chance she may become a princess. Gustav's family seem to have accepted Carina into the family and as has been said many times on this board the Royal Families are very good at weeding out the golddiggers.
Old 04-05-2008, 09:21 PM
Aristocracy

They have a long time together.
Old 04-05-2008, 11:16 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amelia View Post
Couldn't Gustav and Carina just be a couple in love, why does Carina have to be a golddigger just because Gustav is wealthy? There is no guarantee the will can be overturned in court and it is a legal battle that could last many years, I really don't think someone so young and beautiful would willingly give up many years of her life on the off chance she may become a princess. Gustav's family seem to have accepted Carina into the family and as has been said many times on this board the Royal Families are very good at weeding out the golddiggers.

Gustav's family has accepted Carina with open arms. Princess Benedikte has invited Carina to several official events in Bad Berleburg as well as in one Denmark. Furthermore, the DRF has lovingly welcomed her too. We also know that she has met the royals from Sweden (journalists in the latter country love to report about her as well.)

By the way, I read somewhere in which an incredibly naive person noted that the couple are, in fact, engaged. Nice thought, but no. That is incorrect. Yes, Carina has a beautiful diamond and ruby ring on her finger, but Gustav has said, previously, that they are not engaged.
Old 04-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress View Post
Guido, I have to say that this is not the first time on this forum that you seem to have shown such incredible animosity towards women in general. There are a number of other threads where you have stated things such as "motherhood is not a job" etc. So I would really like to know, respectfully and in all genuine curiosity, the same as GT. Why the criticism?

Please don't twist my words! Why do you bring up another thread here? when I said motherhood isn't a job, I meant motherhood isn't such a job as someone studied at university and get a degree.

Don't you find odd that celebrity women always marry a wealthy, influential and noble men. It is No accident. It is sad but true. A rich person can be social climber. Being wealthy is not the same like high positon or blue blood. People were not born yesterday.

By the way, negative opinion is part of freedom of speech. Everyone has a right to their own opinion. I know that many girls love the sugared pink fairytales but unfortunately life is not a fairytale.
Old 04-06-2008, 11:50 AM
Courtier

Sigh ... It's hard to tell. First of all, can I just say : Carina is a breathtaking beauty. If she is a golddigger or not, who can tell. But so if she is? What does it really matter .. our opinion sure won't prevent these two from getting married. Yep, I think they look very in love. They wil have beautiful kids some day, if they have kids, which I hope they will.

Anyways, any news on when the wedding could be ? I think we can assume that it won't be this summer. Summer '09 perhaps ?

Carina and Mary seem to get along very well !

Tags
carina axelsson, prince gustav, prince gustav zu sayn-wittgenstein-berleburg