National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm curious about Sacha's outfit as well. I can only find images of ladies' Monegasque national dress online. But his outfit looks more like some German ethnic dress I've seen. Perhaps a nod to his grandmother's (empty) title of Princess of Hanover. I bet she loves to lord that HRH over the rest of the family.:lol: Anyway, I don't care for his outfit. It's a bit too Hitler youth for my liking.

Edited to add: I was looking at some books I have about national dress and Sacha's outfit definitely reminds me of some of them.

Albert has won a similar costume at several of the Monaco picnics held annually.

Albert

I think Caroline wore the same long coat as per Andrea's religious wedding in Gstaad.

Indeed she is Fandesacs2003. I can't say nothing about the dress P. Caroline is wearing beneath the coat, but the coat is definitely the same... :whistling:

I wonder why Caroline didn't wear the Order of St. Charles to the gala.

Thank you iceflower for the videos and all of you for the nice update. ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

I loved seeing Charlene at ND. She looked so chic and it was the perfect engagement for her to sign off on maternity leave from. I think that Trooping the Colour was Kate's last engagement before she had George and that was also nice as I think it creates an even bigger sense of anticipation of the birth when the last event a pregnant princess attends is a big national occasion.

What I missed this year is the usual large number of great pics of the gifts presentation at the Red Cross headquarters and the gift presentation to the elderly people by Princess Stephanie at the Foyer Rainier III.

The Palace only provided one pic of Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie at the Red Cross headquarters, it looks as if the international press was excluded this year which is a pity because it's always been so heartwarming to see the happy and pleased elderly people and the pics had a symbolic power and exemplary function.

At least we can watch some more videos (also including one of Princess Stephanie presenting the gifts).

** Remise des Médailles de la Reconnaissance de la CRM **
** Remise des Médailles du Mérite National du Sang **
** Remise des Décorations du Mérite Culturel **
** Remise de Colis au Foyer Rainier III **
** Célébration du Te Deum **
** La Fête Nationale Monégasque **

At thw 5th video ( Célébration du Te Deum / Videos / Monaco Info : Les Reportages / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco ) I noticed that Caroline's knee has a problem (1:00 - 1:15 min).

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea how a family as scandal ridden as the Grimaldis always maintains such a perfect public image of regal beauty, elegance and serenity. I can't help it-they fascinate me more than any other dynasty on this Forum by far.:whistling:

Caroline looked simply amazing.

Is there any video showing the family outside the palace lined up to watch the guards?

I have no idea how a family as scandal ridden as the Grimaldis always maintains such a perfect public image of regal beauty, elegance and serenity. I can't help it-they fascinate me more than any other dynasty on this Forum by far.:whistling:

Maybe this fascination emerges precisely from its scandalous touch. And, after all, the scandals that keep surrounding the Grimaldi family are all about its members ( namely the princesses ) wanting to live their lives as any one of us would do... They're not financial scandals, drug scandals or any other criminal scandals... They're just normal rebellions any normal teenager or young adult would have about wanting to live their romantic and sex life the way they choose to. And i think it's precisely this longing for «normality» that fascinates us. Instead of the cold, distant princesses ( and princes ) of other dynasties we have passionate, affectionate royals we can indeed relate to. They approach us in their wish of living like any other flesh and blood individual. We suffer with their grief because it could easily be our grief, we rejoice with their happiness because we have the same happy moments in our lives... Or to make a long story short: we love them because they're adorable!!! :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

Last edited:
The Choir during the Te Deum/Mass were amazing,does anyone know what hymn they were singing when Prince Albert II was seated and everyone else was standing?

An Ard Ri, they were singing the traditional Hymn for the Sovereign that is sung at every Te Deum in Monaco. It is hauntingly beautiful. The first time I heard it was when I watched Princess Grace's Requiem Mass in 1982. I remember that Rainier just sat there and cried and cried while it was chanted. I wish I could find a recording of it.

lazuli, you expressed my feelings about this family better than me. I have been fascinated by them since I was a child. I idolized Princess Caroline.:whistling:

Well they are certainly no more scandal ridden than the Windsors and any scandal that has occurred has not involved Charlene.

Last edited:
An Ard Ri, they were singing the traditional Hymn for the Sovereign that is sung at every Te Deum in Monaco. It is hauntingly beautiful. The first time I heard it was when I watched Princess Grace's Requiem Mass in 1982. I remember that Rainier just sat there and cried and cried while it was chanted. I wish I could find a recording of it.

Thanks Moonmaiden23 I knew I heard it before,I did notice that Caroline was singing it and Stephanie wasn't?

Really? That's odd. I know I've seen Stephanie singing it in the past. Caroline's children too.

That is a family with some strong resemblances!

National Day 2015 - Monaco

MonacoGrimaldiArms.gif

This is the thread dedicated to the National Day celebrations 2015!

They will take place on Wednesday, November 18th and Thursday,
November 19th, 2015, additional events take place the preceding days.

Before posting please take a look at the TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

Enjoy and happy posting!:flowers:

In connection with this year's National Day some medal awardings have already taken place:

On November 11 Princess Caroline handed out the medal of the Order of Cultural Merit:

** mc: S.A.R. la Princesse de Hanovre remet la médaille de l’Ordre du Mérite Culturel à Madame Nathalie Stutzmann **

Honorary medals were awarded at the Oceanographic Museum of Monaco on November 16:

** fb: Remise Médailles d'Honneur 16/11/15 **

And today, November 17, Prince Albert and Princess Charlene handed out presents at the Monaco Red Cross headquarters:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Last edited:
Thank you Iceflowers! Any idea of when the streaming starts on Thursday?

I wonder who will attend this year... Considering that the new princely family is now P. Albert, P. Charlene and the twins i wonder if it makes sense that the sisters and nephews and nieces of the soverain keep attending the celebrations and appearing on the balcony...

I wonder who will attend this year... Considering that the new princely family is now P. Albert, P. Charlene and the twins i wonder if it makes sense that the sisters and nephews and nieces of the soverain keep attending the celebrations and appearing on the balcony...

I think that Caroline and Stephanie will be there, possibly along with the Casiraghis brothers and spouses... I don't think Charlotte or Stephanie's children will be there to be honest... but we'll see..

This Morning Princess Charlene gave with Prince Albert the gifts to the desaventaged people at the Red Cross center of Monaco as they did it the last years during the events around the national fest

Remises de colis Croix Rouge monégasque / Videos / Monaco Info : Les Reportages / Chaines - MC Channel - Chaînes vidéos de Monaco

There are not yet photos but there wh 30as this video on Monaco channel

The cérémonies of the national fest will begin at 9h 25 am , it is early because there will be a change

The 'prise d'armes' which was a ceremony after the mass and before the defile on the place of palace will be in first at 9h 30

Here is the progeam

9h30 prise d'armes in the palace
10h30 mass
11h45 defile on the place of the palace

Prince Albert said that Prince Jacques and princess gabriella will be with them on the balcony

We saw that Princess Charlene is wearing the medal of Sainte Devote

Last edited by a moderator:

I can't imagine the celebrations without Caroline, Stephanie and Caroline's children (except Charlotte), I guess and hope they'll keep that family tradition.

Here are some more pics and videos of the events so far:

** dpp gallery: Prince Albert and Princess Charlene gifts **

** pp: Charlene de Monaco : Main dans la main avec Albert pour un moment de partage **

** mc: Remise de colis à la Croix-Rouge Monégasque par S.A.S. la Princesse Charlène accompagnée de S.A.S. le Prince Albert II (photos) **

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d61SWiuJp-M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTy6ZTN3wic

Back
Top Bottom