Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There will be a state visit from Kazakhstan to Sweden in October. Here are my guesses:

Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: large cut steel tiara
Madeleine: wedding tiara

I can't wait for the Spanish state visit to the UK next month. I don't think Letizia will debut a new tiara or wear the large Fleur de Lys tiara. As for Kate, I hope she wears something new like the necklace from the Brazilian aquamarine parure.

I hope that Letizia will at least wear two different tiaras for the state banquet and the guildhall banquet (there will be a guildhall banquet, will there?). Somehow I think that the floral tiara will make it to at least one of the banquets.

Will the Cambridges attend? I really hope so, and I think that Kate will opt for the lover's knot tiara.

I hope that Letizia will at least wear two different tiaras for the state banquet and the guildhall banquet (there will be a guildhall banquet, will there?). Somehow I think that the floral tiara will make it to at least one of the banquets.

Will the Cambridges attend? I really hope so, and I think that Kate will opt for the lover's knot tiara.

Probably not the right place for it, but do we think it is time for the Cambridge's to start to attend the Guildhall banquets and be the senior royals there?

Probably not the right place for it, but do we think it is time for the Cambridge's to start to attend the Guildhall banquets and be the senior royals there?
No, I love seeing Brigitte in her finery. Her jewellery collection is only two heartbeats away from ending up at the auction block so lets enjoy it while we can. #leavebriggsalone

Last edited:

I would LOVE that. They would do a great job, maybe alongside the royals that are present usually nowadays.

I think the Duchess will wear the Cambridge Lover's Knot for the banquet. The Queen of Spain will wear the big Fleur de Lys tiara. Camilla will go for the Boucheron tiara and I hope the Queen will wear rubies for this visit or at least wears a 'rare' tiara.

However, we've got a tiara alert for Queen Máx tomorrow. They are visiting Italy. I think she will go for the emeralds, but I would love to see some aquamarines or the small sapphire tiara.

I'd love for Camilla to wear the Deli Durbar tiara, the last time she wore it was when a European Monarch visited so it would be nice to see it again.

I can't wait for the Spanish state visit to the UK next month. I don't think Letizia will debut a new tiara or wear the large Fleur de Lys tiara. As for Kate, I hope she wears something new like the necklace from the Brazilian aquamarine parure.

I am pretty confident Queen Letizia will wear the large Fleur de Lys tiara, which, hopefully, will be cleaned this time and have its frame properly adjusted. Personally, I'd rather see Letizia wearing the Cartier loop tiara, which IMO would suit her better, but a state visit to the UK pretty much requires the most important piece of any queen's collection.

I'd say the floral tiara is definitely a possibility for the lower key Guildhall banquet and the large Fleur de Lys almost a sure bet for the state banquet, but I may be wrong of course.

Last edited:
My favourite choice would be the Cartier pearl tiara of Queen Ena, but I don't expect to see it.:sad:

Has it been announced who will attend the SB from the British side? If not, it's not certain who will attend. But of course I hope to see all the ladies. For the Queen, I hope to see the kokoshnik tiara. Camilla, please go for the Delhi Durbar once again :flowers:. And if Anne wears the double meander, my day will be perfect. Alas, I know I won't get all theses wishes granted.

My wishes

Letizia - The large Fleur de Lyse
HM - Queen Alexandra's Kokoshnik with Queen Victoria's Jubilee Necklace
Camilla - The Teck Crescent Tiara with the Large Ruby Necklace gifted from a Gulf State.
Catherine - The Cartier Scroll with the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace
Anne - The Double Meander

From Her Majesty's Jewel Vault: Flashback: State Visit to Spain, 1988

Based on this maybe Letizia will wear he Fleur de Lys tiara. I don't expect it but hopefully she will surprise me.

Given that Letizia has already worn the Fleur de Lys in public once, it would no longer be a surprise if she wore it again in the state visit to the UK, which I think she will. Her first appearance with Spain's grand tiara was disappointing though as the Fleur de Lys had not been cleaned and the frame was not properly adjusted. Hopefully, her aides will correct those mistakes next time.

BTW, I think QEII will wear the Kokoshnik tiara, but I would prefer Girls of Great Britain and Ireland or the Grand Duchess Vladimir with pearls.

I would be surprised if Queen Letizia will not go for the most impressive options from the Spanish collection. A state visit to the doyenne of monarchs -who also is the Queen of the most well known monarchy in the world- certainly deserves such a tribute.

For the state banquet any other tiara than the Fleur de Lys would be a surprise to me. Her mother-in-law wore it for the incoming and outgoing state visit to the UK, the countess of Barcelona wore it at the coronation.

No I don't think we'll see the Fleur de Lys but it would be nice to see The Pearl and Diamond Tiara or Diamond/Pearl Loop Tiara on Letizia ,I don't think she has worn either?
You are quite right, she hasn't worn the tow diamond and pearl tiaras yet. I can't wait to see them on her, but I can't decide what the chances are to see one of them in London.
I would be surprised if Queen Letizia will not go for the most impressive options from the Spanish collection. A state visit to the doyenne of monarchs -who also is the Queen of the most well known monarchy in the world- certainly deserves such a tribute.

For the state banquet any other tiara than the Fleur de Lys would be a surprise to me. Her mother-in-law wore it for the incoming and outgoing state visit to the UK, the countess of Barcelona wore it at the coronation.
You'd be surprised? Just wait, she might un-earth her star earring for the state dinner, and then you have your surprise. :eek::lol:

Just kidding. It recently occurred to me, that Letizia maybe didn't want to break in the fleur-de-Lys in London. So that might have been the reason, that she wore it before, at a fairly low-key State Visit at home.

Queen Sofia did not wear the necklace and earrings of the joias de pasar for the state visits from/to Britain, so who knows... But since Spain is out of the crisis there is no need to go as modest as the stars.

So my optimistic guess is the Fleur de Lys + joias de pasar for the first day and the scroll for the second. And maybe the Niarchos rubies somewhere during the day ;).

Let's hope that the palace will give photographers the opportunity to make some clear pictures of the Spanish and all the British royals.

There will be a state visit from Kazakhstan to Sweden in October. Here are my guesses:

Silvia: Connaught tiara
Victoria: large cut steel tiara
Madeleine: wedding tiara

Well, I pretty much agree with you on this one, it will be their "standard tiaras".

Silvia: Connaught tiara (not the Nine Prong as she wore that on the SV from Canada)
Victoria: Laurel wreath tiara (not the Baden fringe as it has got already several outings this year)
Madeleine: Modern fringe/Wedding tiara (hope she attends with Sofia on maternity leave)

Compared to the above, this is tricky business. It is probably more wishes than qualified guesses.

Letizia: Fleur de Lys tiara
Elizabeth: Grand Duchess Vladimir's tiara with pearls
Camilla: Greville tiara
Catherine: Lotus tiara (don't really think she will attend, but anyway)
Anne: Meander tiara
Sophie: Five Aquamarine tiara

And for the dutch state visit to Portugal. I think, and hope, Maxima will go for a slighter bigger tiara. After all, the state banquet in Portugal tends to be white tie. Maybe the Antique Pearl tiara or the Ruby Peacock tiara would be nice, it might depend also on what order she receives (and thus the colour of the sash).

For the future bride of Ernst August Jr, I predict she will wear the Brunswick tiara.

Princess Anne will attend the gala dinner at the guild hall, during the spanish state visit.. i think she will wear her feaston tiara. I think Queen Letizia will wear her own Fleur de lys tiara..

Princess Anne will attend the gala dinner at the guild hall, during the spanish state visit.. i think she will wear her feaston tiara. I think Queen Letizia will wear her own Fleur de lys tiara..

The Guildhall Banquet is a very lavish one. That awful new eh... "creature" which is the confirmation of the fallen state of a once renowned name as Ansorena, is a joke for such a grand banquet.

Last edited:
So my optimistic guess is the Fleur de Lys + joias de pasar for the first day and the scroll for the second. And maybe the Niarchos rubies somewhere during the day ;).

The Niarchos rubies belong to queen Sofia ,it would however be a nice surprise to see Letizia borrowing them from her mother in law.

The Guildhall Banquet is a very lavish one. That awful new eh... "creature" which is the confirmation of the fallen state of a once renowned name as Ansorena, is a joke for such a grand banquet.

I agree with you. But still its my guess, of course i would like to see her with the Cartier Loop or Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara, but still i guess its her own Tiara or again the Floral Tiara :ermm: I think the Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara would be a nice gesture to Q. Ena, a born Princess of Battenberg, also related to Prince Philip.

I agree with you. But still its my guess, of course i would like to see her with the Cartier Loop or Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara, but still i guess its her own Tiara or again the Floral Tiara :ermm: I think the Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara would be a nice gesture to Q. Ena, a born Princess of Battenberg, also related to Prince Philip.

I had forgotten about the historic link between Queen Ena and the Cartier Diamond & Pearl Tiara,I think you might have a hunch ;)

:previous: But the big Fleur-de-Lys also belonged to Ena, in fact it could be her signature tiara, so I still think it's the safest choice ;)

And I agree that if she debuted it at the Argentinian State Visit it may be because she wanted tl give it her first outing "at home" before taking it to the UK.

I say Fleur de Lys first day, and Floral the second... Of course I hope for a surprise on the second, but I won't place my hopes too high :lol:

:previous: But the big Fleur-de-Lys also belonged to Ena, in fact it could be her signature tiara, so I still think it's the safest choice ;)

And I agree that if she debuted it at the Argentinian State Visit it may be because she wanted tl give it her first outing "at home" before taking it to the UK.

I say Fleur de Lys first day, and Floral the second... Of course I hope for a surprise on the second, but I won't place my hopes too high :lol:

Not sure if we'll see the Fleur de Lys so soon after the Argentinian State Visit.

Annie I think you might be right about the floral tiara,its a favourite of Letizia's and one that really suits her so I wouldn't be at all surprised.

My guesses for the Spanish state visit:

Letizia: large fleur de lys tiara
Elizabeth: girls of Great Britain tiara
Kate: lovers knot tiara
Camilla: honeycomb tiara

If there is another tiara event:

Letizia: floral tiara
Elizabeth: Queen Mary's fringe tiara
Kate: lotus tiara
Camilla: family tiara

My guesses for the Spanish state visit:

Letizia: large fleur de lys tiara
Elizabeth: girls of Great Britain tiara
Kate: lovers knot tiara
Camilla: honeycomb tiara

If there is another tiara event:

Letizia: floral tiara
Elizabeth: Queen Mary's fringe tiara
Kate: lotus tiara
Camilla: family tiara
My educated guesses:

Letizia : Large FdL, large collet necklace and earrings (Joyas de Pasar )

QE2: Kokoshnik / GDV/ GGBI, plus diamonds or diamonds and pearls earrings and necklace

Camilla : Greville, collet necklace

Catherine : Lovers Knot

State Dinner

Queen Elizabeth - Burmese Ruby
Queen Letizia - Cartier Loop (or the Cartier Diamond and Pearls. Either way, I think it will be a debut)
Duchess of Cornwall - Honeycomb
(Duchess of Cambridge - Cambridge Lover's)
Countess of Wessex - Wedding
Princess Royal - Festoon
Duchess of Gloucester - Honeysuckle
Princess Michael - Kent Festoon

Guildhall

Queen Letizia - La Chata (just my wishful thinking, it will probably be the Floral)
Princess Royal - Meander
(Duchess of Gloucester - Teck Turquoise)

What is strange: where is the return event from the Spanish guests?

State Dinner

Queen Elizabeth - Burmese Ruby
Queen Letizia - Cartier Loop (or the Cartier Diamond and Pearls. Either way, I think it will be a debut)
Duchess of Cornwall - Honeycomb
(Duchess of Cambridge - Cambridge Lover's)
Countess of Wessex - Wedding
Princess Royal - Festoon
Duchess of Gloucester - Honeysuckle
Princess Michael - Kent Festoon

Guildhall

Queen Letizia - La Chata (just my wishful thinking, it will probably be the Floral)
Princess Royal - Meander
(Duchess of Gloucester - Teck Turquoise)
La Chata? What is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom