Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 3: 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it confirmed that there will be two tiara events in the Belgian state visit to Denmark ?

I believe Queen Margrethe II will wear the Pearl Poiré tiara at Tuesday's banquet; CP Mary will wear the full Ruby parure and, for Queen Mathilde, I expect the full version of the Nine Provinces.

If there is a second tiara event, I predict Queen Margrethe will choose the Baden Palmette, Mary will wear her new Midnight tiara and Mathilde will probably wear the Wolfers necklace as a tiara.

I doubt Mathilde will debut either the Spanish wedding gift tiara or the Art Deco bandeau, but, if she does, it will be a nice surprise.

The return dinner always depends on the visiting Monarch/Head of State. Given the Belgians, I would be surprised if it's a tiara event. But since they're in Denmark, they might do it.

I think she will wear the Brunswick tiara. I would be happy to see that tiara for the first time probably since 2004.
I too think that she will wear the Brunswick tiara. But it might be the floral tiara as well. Although, maybe Prince Christian's bride will one day wear the floral tiara.
The return dinner always depends on the visiting Monarch/Head of State. Given the Belgians, I would be surprised if it's a tiara event. But since they're in Denmark, they might do it.
Even the Swedish didn't have tiaras at the return banquet in Denmark. And at the Belgium visit to NL it was also black tie. So I expect only one tiara event in Denmark.

Like everybody I hope for the Spanish gift tiara. But I expect to see the full version of the nine provinces tiara. Queen Margrethe will probably wear the pearl tiara. For Mary I guess it's her new ruby/spinel tiara, Marie in her floral wedding tiara.

In NL I hope for the ruby peacock tiara on Queen Maxima and maybe the pearl button tiara on Princess Beatrix. An added bonus would be to see Princess Margriet and/or Princess Laurentien as well. I'm not sure how good the chances are for that.
I would like to see Queen Máxima in the Laurel Wreath Diadem or the Ears-of-Wheat Diadem, these are examples of diadems she has not worn yet.

The two tiaras that Queen Maxima hasn't worn yet. I'd love to see her bridge that gap, so to speak. Especially the laurel wreath tiara is lovely and wearable, it's difficult to understand why she hasn't tried it yet. As for the ears-of-wheat tiara... It's not as flattering as the other tiaras in the collection, but Maxima could pull it off, I'm sure of it.

I remember for the second Evening of the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg is Sweden.
The Grand Duchess came wth a tiara and had to put it off as the Swedish Royals wore no tiaras. I hope this will never happen anymore !

I remember for the second Evening of the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg is Sweden.
The Grand Duchess came wth a tiara and had to put it off as the Swedish Royals wore no tiaras. I hope this will never happen anymore !

She did that in Denmark too, except, as far as I know, she kept it on all night.

I'm all for more tiara events. If you got them, wear them.

I would like to see Queen Máxima in the Laurel Wreath Diadem or the Ears-of-Wheat Diadem, these are examples of diadems she has not worn yet.

I would like Princess Beatrix to wear the Antique Pearl Diadem. It looks terrific on her.

Queen Mathilde will possibly wear the Nine Provinces, seems a good guess.

Queen Margrethe hopefully pulls out the fabulous emerald parure once again.

Princess Mary will be in her wedding diadem, I expect.

Princess Marie in her only diadem.

Princes Benedikte looks unlikely to attend to me.

Isnt Elisabeth set to attend the Danish banquet? If I recall correctly she has one tiara at her disposal? (I'm relying on Twitter rumours here)

Isnt Elisabeth set to attend the Danish banquet? If I recall correctly she has one tiara at her disposal? (I'm relying on Twitter rumours here)

Yes ,Her Highness Princess Elisabeth owns the sapphire and diamond tiara,I've also seen her wear another one but not sure id she owns it or if it was on loan.

The sapphire and diamond tiara
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rB4Lk2AdK04/T6kvSs89LeI/AAAAAAAAHo0/YWe-Mb57kqA/s1600/0c3.jpg

Diamond Fringe Tiara

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/0c/61/cb/0c61cbb8fc3272aa0e925189ebdaaa5d.jpg

Yes ,Her Highness Princess Elisabeth owns the sapphire and diamond tiara,I've also seen her wear another one but not sure id she owns it or if it was on loan.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-rB4Lk2AdK04/T6kvSs89LeI/AAAAAAAAHo0/YWe-Mb57kqA/s1600/0c3.jpg

Diamond Fringe Tiara

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/0c/61/cb/0c61cbb8fc3272aa0e925189ebdaaa5d.jpg

The fringe looks to be Alexandrine's Fringe Tiara which is owned by Count Ingolf and worn by his wife Sussie.

She did that in Denmark too, except, as far as I know, she kept it on all night

I'm all for more tiara events. If you got them, wear them.

When Fabiola and Baudouin visited Denmark during King Frederik IX's reign, there were two tiara nights, as was also the case when Queen Margrethe II visited Belgium. Those were different times though.

Last edited:

Diamond Fringe Tiara

She has worn the fringe tiara 1or 2 times. It was after her mother had passed away and before Count Ingolf was remarried. So he lonaed it to his sister.
But she has another small diamond tiara avalible which she usually loans to one of her nieces. She has worn it a few years ago when her diamond and sapphire tiara was included in an exhibition at Amalienborg Museum.

Even the Swedish didn't have tiaras at the return banquet in Denmark. And at the Belgium visit to NL it was also black tie. So I expect only one tiara event in Denmark.

There was a white tie return banquet at the swedish State Vuisit to Denmark. This was actually one of the rare State Visits with 3 white tie Events in a row. First the State Banquet, second the Gala at the Opera in Copenhagen and third the return Banquet which took place in Malmö.

But as the return Events at the belgian State Visit to NL was black tie i expect the same in Denmark. But as Queen Mathilde wore her laurel wreath tiara as necklace in NL i hope we can expect some nice Jewels at the return Event in Denmark too. I would love to see her wearing the necklace of the tunisian Parure.

She has worn the fringe tiara 1or 2 times. It was after her mother had passed away and before Count Ingolf was remarried. So he lonaed it to his sister.
But she has another small diamond tiara avalible which she usually loans to one of her nieces. She has worn it a few years ago when her diamond and sapphire tiara was included in an exhibition at Amalienborg Museum.

Yes this one

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums...k/josephine rosenborg wedding_zpsknmwbbea.jpg

It is said to be called the 25th anniversary tiara from what I read. A gift to alexandrine from her husband on their anniversary. Could be wrong on that. But yes she loans it to her nieces, that's Josephine in the photo.

There was a white tie return banquet at the swedish State Vuisit to Denmark. This was actually one of the rare State Visits with 3 white tie Events in a row. First the State Banquet, second the Gala at the Opera in Copenhagen and third the return Banquet which took place in Malmö.

But as the return Events at the belgian State Visit to NL was black tie i expect the same in Denmark. But as Queen Mathilde wore her laurel wreath tiara as necklace in NL i hope we can expect some nice Jewels at the return Event in Denmark too. I would love to see her wearing the necklace of the tunisian Parure.
I thought about the Dutch visit to Denmark, but wrote Swedish. :bang::bang:
If the Dutch had a black-tie return banquet, then the Belgians will certainly have black tie as well.
Yes this one

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums...k/josephine rosenborg wedding_zpsknmwbbea.jpg

It is said to be called the 25th anniversary tiara from what I read. A gift to alexandrine from her husband on their anniversary. Could be wrong on that. But yes she loans it to her nieces, that's Josephine in the photo.
Queen Alexandrine received this bandeau from her husband for her 25 wedding anniversary, but she was never publicly seen wearing it. Princess Elisabeth received the bandeau as confirmation gift. She mostly wore it as a young girl and has rarely worn it when she grew older. So it's a good bet that she'll wear her sapphire tiara at the state banquet.

I thought about the Dutch visit to Denmark, but wrote Swedish. :bang::bang:
If the Dutch had a black-tie return banquet, then the Belgians will certainly have black tie as well.

Queen Alexandrine received this bandeau from her husband for her 25 wedding anniversary, but she was never publicly seen wearing it. Princess Elisabeth received the bandeau as confirmation gift. She mostly wore it as a young girl and has rarely worn it when she grew older. So it's a good bet that she'll wear her sapphire tiara at the state banquet.
I think I've read that the Swedes return visit is "always" the same dresscode as the banquet. So if a banquet is black tie then so is the return, if it's white it's also white. If that makes sense. Makes it an easy choice :p

Last edited:
A the Argentinian sash in light blue (based on what we saw in Spain recently), I think we might see Maxima tonight in either one of the pearl tiaras (the larger Wuttenberg one?), or perhaps in the rose cut diamond bandeau.

Last edited:
Any guesses on what Letizia might use for the state banquet in Japan?

Much as I would like to see the Fleur-des-Lys get reused (If I were Leti, I might reserve that for the trip to London in June), it would be great to see the Cartier loop tiara get used.

Any guesses on what Letizia might use for the state banquet in Japan?

Much as I would like to see the Fleur-des-Lys get reused (If I were Leti, I might reserve that for the trip to London in June), it would be great to see the Cartier loop tiara get used.

I also think she will not wear de Fleur-de-Lys in Japan as the Empress doesn't wear tiaras anymore. It would be nice is she would wear either the Carier loop diamond and pearl tiara or the diamond ans pearl tiara from Queen Victoria Eugenie. And togther with it the pearl-necklace which is for the use of the Queen.

I also think she will not wear de Fleur-de-Lys in Japan as the Empress doesn't wear tiaras anymore. It would be nice is she would wear either the Carier loop diamond and pearl tiara or the diamond ans pearl tiara from Queen Victoria Eugenie. And togther with it the pearl-necklace which is for the use of the Queen.

I think given the Japanese fondness for pearls, Letizia will certainly wear some pearls. Lets wait and see.

Yes it would be brilliant to see Letizia wearing the Carier loop diamond and pearl tiara but I have a hunch it will be the Floral Tiara.

I think she will wear her private Arsona tiara .

The rationale for a smaller tiara would be linked to the fact that the Empress no longer wears tiaras. That said, I think (hope?) Letizia will indeed go big this time, and pull out one of the two larger pearl and diamodn tiaras. The good thing is that we do not have long to wait now to find out.

The rationale for a smaller tiara would be linked to the fact that the Empress no longer wears tiaras. That said, I think (hope?) Letizia will indeed go big this time, and pull out one of the two larger pearl and diamodn tiaras. The good thing is that we do not have long to wait now to find out.

I have a feeling Letizia will refrain from going big in Japan. I also expect her usual floral tiara or the Ansorena Asturias tiara. She will probably wear the Fleur de Lys again in the state visit to the UK (assuming the visit will still happen, which is in doubt now because of the Gibraltar crisis).

Hopefully, if she attends King Harald V's birthday celebrations in Norway, she may wear a different Spanish tiara like the pearl and diamonds or the Cartier loop, but I don't expect her to attend.

I

Hopefully, if she attends King Harald V's birthday celebrations in Norway, she may wear a different Spanish tiara like the pearl and diamonds or the Cartier loop, but I don't expect her to attend.

My guess is that if someone from Spain is attendingthe joint norewgian birthday celebrations it will be King Juan Carlos and Queen Sofia like last year in Sweden. But it can happen that they only attend the daytime Events like last year in Sweden an noe evening celebrations.
I think for the birthday celebrations of King Willem-Alexander it is more likely that King Felipe and Queen Letizia attend.

For Spain, which tiaras are belonging to Queen Sofia and which tiaras are in the Spanish Vault.

For Spain, which tiaras are belonging to Queen Sofia and which tiaras are in the Spanish Vault.

Only the larger F-d-L tiara is exclusively for the use of the reigning Queen. The new, smaller pearl and diamond FdL tiara was acquired by Felipe for Letizia. All the other tiaras (Mellerio Shell, Prussian, Floral, Cartier pearl adn diamond, Loop Pearl and diamond, Ruby) belong to Sophia and J-C.

Queen Letizia may yet surprise us with another first-time tiara in Japan. But actually, I find it difficult to imagine her with a first-timer twice in a row. She usually is so jewel-frugal, that it's hard to believe that she suddenly splashes it out like that. (I wouldn't mind, though.:))

As for the ownership of the Spanish tiaras:
- the big fleur-de-lys is set aside for the Queen only
- the modern fleur-de-lys was specifically made for Queen Letizia, so it's her personal possession
- the Prussian is Queen Sofia's, a gift from her parents
- the floral, the Mellerio shell and the ruby tiara were wedding gifts to Queen Sofia
- the Cartier pearl tiara and the loop tiara are probably owned by JC, (it is not clear if the loop tiara was inherited or bought back from his sister.)

Nevertheless, I believe that Queen Letizia may wear most of them. She has borrowed three of Sofia's tiaras while being Princess of Asturias. She frequently wore Sofia's floral tiara while being Queen. Queen Sofia hasn't worn a tiara since the abdication. Both Queen Sofia and King JC have dedicated their lives to the monarchy. They know the role that those ancestral jewels play for representing the monarchy. So I really don't see a reason for them to deny her access to the tiara. With one exception: the small ruby tiara has never been worn by anyone other then Sofia. She might see it as her most personal tiara and is probably not going to share it during her lifetime.

Queen Letizia may yet surprise us with another first-time tiara in Japan. But actually, I find it difficult to imagine her with a first-timer twice in a row. She usually is so jewel-frugal, that it's hard to believe that she suddenly splashes it out like that. (I wouldn't mind, though.:))

As for the ownership of the Spanish tiaras:
- the big fleur-de-lys is set aside for the Queen only
- the modern fleur-de-lys was specifically made for Queen Letizia, so it's her personal possession
- the Prussian is Queen Sofia's, a gift from her parents
- the floral, the Mellerio shell and the ruby tiara were wedding gifts to Queen Sofia
- the Cartier pearl tiara and the loop tiara are probably owned by JC, (it is not clear if the loop tiara was inherited or bought back from his sister.)

Nevertheless, I believe that Queen Letizia may wear most of them. She has borrowed three of Sofia's tiaras while being Princess of Asturias. She frequently wore Sofia's floral tiara while being Queen. Queen Sofia hasn't worn a tiara since the abdication. Both Queen Sofia and King JC have dedicated their lives to the monarchy. They know the role that those ancestral jewels play for representing the monarchy. So I really don't see a reason for them to deny her access to the tiara. With one exception: the small ruby tiara has never been worn by anyone other then Sofia. She might see it as her most personal tiara and is probably not going to share it during her lifetime.

Nevertheless, Queen Sofia hasn't worn her ruby tiara in an official event for quite some time now, has she ? If she is going to leave one of her tiaras to one of her daughters, I'd say the rubies are a likely candidate. One of the infantas may also inherit the Mellerio shell, but that is speculative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom