Maria-Olympia, Konstantinos, Achileas, Odysseas, Aristidis Events & News 1: 2015-2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think, the Greek royals want their throne back, but apparently they refuse to actually get it that they have to prove themselves good enough. This isn't how it's done and clearly Pavlos should not have married Marie-Chantal no matter how much money she had. MC isn't much of an adult herself since it's clear she won't get boundaries that her daughter has to abide by.

I think the Greeks have known for decades they're not getting the throne back.

MC seems like a nice, good hearted person in interviews but she's always liked public attention and being on show. Pavlos knew this about her when he married her. I don't think he lacks influence over the family's lifestyle because he has less money than MC; I think he's perfectly fine with what MC has done over the years and at least doesn't actively disapprove of Olympia's various endeavours.

There's an interesting split in the Greek royal family. Constantine has always been showy whereas Ann Marie seems more private. Pavlos married into what he knew would be an attention seeking lifestyle. Theodora is currently an actress. On the other hand, you hardly hear a word about, (or from), Philipos or Alexia, and not much more from Nicolaus.

idk why people are shocked i mean her mother was hanging out with Andy Warhol when she was Olympias age in NYC . all the miller sisters are heavily connected in the art and fashion circles,its the people they run with

I think this is a cool discussion about culture clash. Pavlos probably took her inheritance into consideration and I don't think that Pavlos is happy about how his daughter is turning out.

I'll be interested to see how the boys turn out. They made quite a big deal about Constantine finishing secondary school on instagram. I don't remember the same amount of fuss for Olympia. I suspect the boys will be expected to follow a path that's at least superficially more academic than their sister. We'll see though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just think, the Greek royals want their throne back, but apparently they refuse to actually get it that they have to prove themselves good enough. [....]

By my best knowledge the Greek royal family is not pursuing anything at all. They have access to Greece and there are claims concerning lost properties. But for the rest there is zero comma zero activity by the former royal family towards any reclaiming the throne. That is a passed station for them.

I don't understand the outrage and calling Maria Olympia a "disgrace." She is doing what any girl in her status of kinda royal socialite, exploiting her connections by being in luxury labels fashion shows (well it's not Guess, that would be the disgrace in their world) and by doing so, remaining "relevant" and finding her way in the fashion world. In the future, she will contribute to the family fortune by either starting her own fashion line or taking over and ideally expanding her mother's company if she has her maternal grandpa's business sense. That's more the expected line for her than acting princessy and supporting charities. Oh and let's not forget marrying well, in a way that again financially contributes to their dynasty.

I agree her upbringing has been poor and really embarrassing

Actually with a Swiss boarding school, the New York University, an internship by Dior and the Parsons School for Design on her curriculum, the Princess has much better educational qualifications than, to name a few, Queen Elizabeth II or the late Diana, Princess of Wales. The Princess has brought no any scandal or something to the family and did her educational obligations. Nothing "poor" or "really embarrassing" about that, in my opinion.

Actually with a Swiss boarding school, the New York University, an internship by Dior and the Parsons School for Design on her curriculum, the Princess has much better educational qualifications than, to name a few, Queen Elizabeth II or the late Diana, Princess of Wales. The Princess has brought no any scandal or something to the family and did her educational obligations. Nothing "poor" or "really embarrassing" about that, in my opinion.

I believe it was falsely reported she went to NYU. She has only gone to Parsons:

Princess Maria-Olympia of Greece on her first year of college, royal style inspiration and bond with her family

You can't compare Olympia's educational qualifications with the Queen. These 2 ladies are born into different eras, different cultures and different expectations of woman's education. It was the 1930's when the Queen was studying, and there was not much emphasis for girls to even head to University.

Olympia never went to NYU, and the current college she is in is Parsons, where she is studying Photography I believe. In an interview, she confessed that she has dyslexia, which explains why takes up more 'technical' subjects relating to the Arts.

I do know that she is hanging around bad types and those people can ruin her. She has no business just partying and dressing in that way. No matter how modern of a time we live in, that makes her look bad and this isn't some game, she's dressing like a bad type.

You sound like she is dressed like a hooker and hanging out with drug dealers :bang:

She is a princess in nothing but name and hardly that. We honestly can't expect a generation born after the fall of the monarchy, to live like chaste little royals. She is twenty. She us going to university and enjoying herself. She isn't causing a scandal. She isn't making the paper for drunk driving, drugs, being kicked out of school, marrying a man twjce her age, or anything else. She is getting covers for modelling and attending parties.

Even if you look at princesses of reigning houses, you will find most had a pretty fun stage at this part of their life. Let hair down.

As long as she doesn't start posing nude and dating a Russian mafia boss, I highly doubt anyone in her family is too ashamed.

She isn't just partying. She us a student.

I feel a bit guilty since it seems my post about seeing MO on the runway is what sparked off all the MO baiting thats been going in a few threads lately. My point was that I found it strange to see her on a runway given that her grandfather is a king & the family still maintains a semi-royal lifestyle due to their close connections to the ruling houses of Europe without pointing my finger at either her, her mother or the rest of her family. They all seem like nice people - parents been married for ages in a seemingly stable relationship, kids seem happy & well adjusted. MO is just like any other girl her age although in a more gilded surrounding than most & have never to my knowledge done anything wed have the right to shame her for.

I personally, I think she is free to choose her life, if she wants to be a model, I think it's great. But I think she'll never be a royal, because I've always believed that her mother is not a royal, she's an aristocrat and I think Olympia is an aristocrat, not a royal. I will put an example, in 2006 had a tribute to Queen Frederika before her tomb, it was 25th anniversary of her death , and were present, King Constantine, Queen Anna Maria, Queen Sophia of Spain, Princess Irene, Crown Prince Felipe, And the Princesses of Spain, Cristina and Elena, and also Princes Paul, Nikolaos and Alexia .... but it was very striking, to see there the Princess Letizia of Spain, and not to see the Crown Princess of the Royal House of the Hellenes , I think this act was obligatory to her, a must ... but she was not, she was in a fashion show of Valentino. It is obvious that MC does not like these acts, does not feel the duty ..... that's why I say that she is an aristocrat, and her children think that it is exactly the same, how important money and business .. ..Olympia is aristocrat and also only thinks about being famous, is the lifestyle of Paris Hilton, I think she is her example to follow and I don´t like it , but it is her life

Last edited:
I personally, I think she is free to choose her life, if she wants to be a model, I think it's great. But I think she'll never be a royal, because I've always believed that her mother is not a royal, she's an aristocrat and I think Olympia is an aristocrat, not a royal. I will put an example, in 2006 had a tribute to Queen Frederika before her tomb, it was 25th anniversary of her death , and were present, King Constantine, Queen Anna Maria, Queen Sophia of Spain, Princess Irene, Crown Prince Felipe, And the Princesses of Spain, Cristina and Elena, and also Princes Paul, Nikolaos and Alexia .... but it was very striking, to see there the Princess Letizia of Spain, and not to see the Crown Princess of the Royal House of the Hellenes , I think this act was obligatory to her, a must ... but she was not, she was in a fashion show of Valentino. It is obvious that MC does not like these acts, does not feel the duty ..... that's why I say that she is an aristocrat, and her children think that it is exactly the same, how important money and business .. ..Olympia is aristocrat and also only thinks about being famous, is the lifestyle of Paris Hilton, I think she is her example to follow and I don´t like it , but it is her life

I find that in MC teaching her children that money , fame and a title are more important then anything else is sad and she, MC does not do the Royal Family of Hellenes any favors by this. All she is is a very rich woman who married an empty title and uses that title to her advantage. For her to have any party where she invites the *real Royals of Honorable Royal Families* to is disgusting and disgraceful to all. Money is not the real higher power or God of this world, IMO the royals should set an example of what the title and family that they were born into should be and that is for the duty to the people that they serve. Yes I know there is no more royals in Greece that are heads of the country, yet there is still that sense of duty to the family that that you are born into or marry into. MC sets an horrible example for what she expects of her daughter IMO only. PH is not a good example for any young woman to follow in her footsteps.

They need to drop the "of Greece" nimbus and then make an open statement renouncing any claim to any kind of status above that of a Greek citizen.

Olympia should ditch the light fantastic and think about her future. Her brothers should too. There's a lot of half-way unappealing aristos around. HINT

I think she needs to have it made clear to her that the Eighties and Nineties are over and trying to be a titled "It" Girl is going to lead to nothing but trouble.

They need to drop the "of Greece" nimbus and then make an open statement renouncing any claim to any kind of status above that of a Greek citizen.

Why should they drop it?! They are the former royal dynasty "of Greece"!

In Germany all noble families kept (unofficially) their titles and are being named by them in the media, although there isn´t such a thing like aristocracy or Royalty in Germany existing any longer. But nobody is bothered or feels provocated by it. The last Kaiser´s ancestor Prince Friedrich Wilhelm (he´d be today´s emperor if Germany had kept the monarchy) is "His Imperial Highness, Prince F W of Prussia" - although a landscape called Prussia doesn´t even exist anymore!
But for reasons of tradition and history these people keep these titles as part of their family identity.

I also wonder how long that modelling "career" will last..

Here's an additional article:

** dailymail: Lady Amelia Windsor and Princess Olympia of Greece prove they are catwalk queens..**

I doubt she considers modelling to be her career. It's not like she's participating in the regular shows as a working model. She's done a couple of special shows/events for designers who are friends of her parents and who have gotten a lot of money and publicity from MC over the years. Same with her Dior "internship" a couple of years ago. Good business sense on the part of Dior, lots of fun for Olympia.

Maria-Olympia attended the W Magazine's 'It Girl' luncheon as part of the New York Fashion Week today, September 8:

** rex gallery **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom