Christening Of Odysseas Kimon

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Warren said:
Yes, this is Princess Olga.
There is no sign of Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta in any of the christening photos that I've seen, though. Unless he's had a make-over and shaved off his Salvador Dali moustache.

Yes, that is Princess Alexandra (first cousin of Pavlos)

Some pics from ANP photo:

Attachments

• 2778449.jpg
    2778449.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 263
  • 2778461.jpg
    2778461.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 365
  • 2778467.jpg
    2778467.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 296
  • 2778526.jpg
    2778526.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 323
  • 2778444.jpg
    2778444.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 344
And Newscom also have some pics too:

Attachments

• sipaphotos220801.jpg
    sipaphotos220801.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 364
  • sipaphotos220806.jpg
    sipaphotos220806.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 390
  • sipaphotos220808.jpg
    sipaphotos220808.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 503
  • sipaphotos220809.jpg
    sipaphotos220809.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 397
  • sipaphotos220810.jpg
    sipaphotos220810.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 391
  • sipaphotos220819.jpg
    sipaphotos220819.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 312
  • sipaphotos220813.jpg
    sipaphotos220813.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 431
Rex Features

Attachments

• 526766o.jpg
    526766o.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 395
  • 526766n.jpg
    526766n.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 2,210
  • 526766m.jpg
    526766m.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 2,021
  • 526766i.jpg
    526766i.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1,687
  • 526766f.jpg
    526766f.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 596
  • 526766e.jpg
    526766e.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 1,697
  • 526766b.jpg
    526766b.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 521
  • 526766a.jpg
    526766a.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 390
  • 526766h.jpg
    526766h.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 365
  • 526766j.jpg
    526766j.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 1,609
I Wish

For the enlightened Prince,a safe journey in Life,Love and Progress,Health and prosperity!

Emily said:
I don't think the dress all by itself is that bad, but I do think it is cut a little low in the top for a christening.

Yes, I think the top half of her dress was a bit low for a religious occasion like the baptism of her son. Also, I think that a jacket would've been appropriate too over the dress. The other women all wore jackets over their dresses.

Is it just me or does anyone else think that this baptism wasn't as glamorous or as exciting as the baptism of the three other children. This one seemed quite down in scale and much more laid back.

Evening reception, it seems the ladies has not agreed on what the dress code is, pants, short and long dresses.

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 619
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 343
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 618
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 658
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 722
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 953
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 574
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 475
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 463
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
more from ukpress
Marie Chantals dress is from Valentino s/s2005

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 455
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 482
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 349
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 415
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 476
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 760
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 336
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 623
  • 00610f.jpg
    00610f.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 677
Last edited:
Larzen said:
Evening reception, it seems the ladies has not agreed on what the dress code is, pants, short and long dresses.
Queen Sofia looks really great!Thanks you lots Larzen.:)

I just love that dress that CP Mette-Marit was wearing in the eavning reception..:) :) :)

Is it normal to have an evening do after a baptism? I thought the norm was lunch or an early evening meal?

Mette-Marit looks beautiful, and how wonderful to see her with Marius.

It really makes me smile seeing Mette-Marit and Marius together, when I think back to when I first saw them together and it was such a big deal she was dating a Prince.

She seems like a wonderful mother, and very close to Marius. Some boys around that age get a bit embrassed if their mum tries to hold their hand. Marius looks so very comfortable.

mette marit looks astonishingly good... i really liked that dress. does wnyone know if it's also a valentino? she seems to be wearing valentino a lot in her last gala appearences.

i was also wondering... some people said they admired her because of her simplicity and "downtoeathness". at the very beggining this was really true but now i just see her as another shopaholic as marie chantal (i read somewhere that that's how they became friends, because of going shopping together in london) always dressing in valentinos and pradas.... i really dont find any simplicity in this... could anyone explain me or tell me if i understood wrong?

EmmieLou said:
Mette-Marit looks beautiful, and how wonderful to see her with Marius.

It really makes me smile seeing Mette-Marit and Marius together, when I think back to when I first saw them together and it was such a big deal she was dating a Prince.

She seems like a wonderful mother, and very close to Marius. Some boys around that age get a bit embrassed if their mum tries to hold their hand. Marius looks so very comfortable.

It was nice pictures of them together. I wonder what Marius was holding in his other arm (a football?) but it was nice to see them together. I'm not a fan of the untucked shirt look, but he is eight, and it probably wouldn't have stayed tucked for long anyway.

Did Haakon and Mette-Marit spend much time with Pavlos and Marie-Chantal when they were in London? I'm just wondering how well Marius would know the other children present.

Genevieve said:
Is it just me or does anyone else think that this baptism wasn't as glamorous or as exciting as the baptism of the three other children. This one seemed quite down in scale and much more laid back.

agreed genevieve...

does anyone know if they did this kind of gala dinner for the other christenings as well? where did it take place?

Wow, everyone looked really nice. Thanks for posting Larzen!

IMO, MM could/should of dressed Martius (sp) better. Compared to MC's boys it looked like Martius was going to the playground? Does anybody else agree.

kate14 said:
IMO, MM could/should of dressed Martius (sp) better. Compared to MC's boys it looked like Martius was going to the playground? Does anybody else agree.
i also thought that kate. at least the shirt in the trousers would make him look much better.

They schedule gala dinners after their children's christenings when they occur in London. CA's was cancelled though and the money donated to some Balkan cause. But photos of the one that followed AA's are at Corbis. I don't know if they had one after MO, because hers was in Turkey and I never saw pix.

Hola! Mette Marit looked amazing in this black evening gown!

kate14 said:
Wow, everyone looked really nice. Thanks for posting Larzen!

Hm, I disagree. The boys of MC wore white pants in baggy style and normal ordinary checkered shirts with buttons (which my brother has worn as little boy for kindergarten). I don´t how much more elegant this should be in comparison to Marius, who wore classic black pants and a shirt with buttons :confused:
I only think, that his short with long sleeves was maybe a bit too warm. Even in the evenings it´s in Greece in June warm enough to wear Tee-shirts...especially when one is as "active" as kids are, when they have to attend boring parties with grown-ups...

BTW does anyone know, how good Marius´english is? I know of course, that he has spent time with Haakon and MM in London, but I wonder, if he was in an english kindergarten and had english nannies...and if his english is still "nurtured"

Lena said:
BTW does anyone know, how good Marius´english is? I know of course, that he has spent time with Haakon and MM in London, but I wonder, if he was in an english kindergarten and had english nannies...and if his english is still "nurtured"

in the scandinavian countries they usually have a good level of english at school... so i guess he must talk english quite well. as well, ingrid alexandra will have to learn a good english so she must have some kind of personal native teacher when she is older and i don't think they will be making differences between the kids so i guess marius has one as well or at least attends to classes...

i was now wondering... is there any clip online of mm talking in english? i have never heard her talking in english...

Quite the range of casual and formal fashions indeed! :D Shown the pictures I would've never believed that Marie-Chantal, Mette-Marit and Alexandra were at the same party as say Sofia and Alexia! (Quite a difference from the recent concert in Norway when the Norwegian royals seemed to have co-ordinated their ouftis in cream and gold/yellow tones.)

Mette-Marit was va-va-voom! :p Such a vast improvement from her frumpy, ill-fitting white blouse earlier in the day at the baptism.

Marie-Chantal looked great as well. The colour looks nice on her with her blonde hair and her (slight) tan.

Marie Olympia was adorable in her dress with the tu-tu skirt and white ballet flats.

(Noticed several bows on the royal ladies -- the big pink ribboned bow on Marie Chantal, the grey/taupe bow at the waist of Anne Marie's outfit -- wonder if Mabel was jealous?! :p )

I am presuming that the woman in the white dress is Nikolaos' girlfriend Tatiana? Is this the first time she's attended such a public family function? I know that she went with the family, or at least spent some time in Greece last summer with the family during the Olympics. But I don't recall her at other family celebrations in this manner or being photographed with them.

norwegianne said:
Did Haakon and Mette-Marit spend much time with Pavlos and Marie-Chantal when they were in London? I'm just wondering how well Marius would know the other children present.

I didn't think that when Mette-Marit and Haakon spent their year in London studying that Pavlos and Marie-Chantal had made the move to London yet. I think they were still living in Conneticuit at the time, though they certainly would've made visits to London. I thought I recalled Mette-Marit and Haakon spending time with the Earl and Countess of Wessex and Laurentien and Constantijn however.

I guess Marius would be about the same age as Marie Olympia, but being a girl, and Marius giving me the impression of very much being a boy's boy and Marie Olympia being very much a girl's girl, I guess Marius could've played easily with Konstantin and Achilleas. Kids are like that (unlike grown ups!) -- they can just meet and instantly play with each other without any hangups of saying the right thing or making a good impression.

carlota said:
i was also wondering... some people said they admired her because of her simplicity and "downtoeathness". at the very beggining this was really true but now i just see her as another shopaholic as marie chantal (i read somewhere that that's how they became friends, because of going shopping together in london) always dressing in valentinos and pradas.... i really dont find any simplicity in this... could anyone explain me or tell me if i understood wrong?

I don't see Mette-Marit as a shopaholic at all. As a Crown Princess who performs many royal duties she needs an extensive wardrobe. (If she didn't have an extensive wardrobe people would complain that she repeats her clothes too much like Letizia does and that she is boring as a style icon.) And just because she owns some designer gowns or Prada purses does not make her a clothes horse. It's not as if every gown Mette-Marit wears is a designer gown, and even if it were, as she does repeat her evening gowns I wouldn't find it terrible. I'm sure we'll see this evening gown at another occasion down the line.

I find it quite baffling how some people complain about how repetitive Letizia's wardrobe is and how boring it is, yet when other princesses show up at an event in a new dress they are suddenly clothes horses or much too glamorous or not thrifty enough.

Last edited:
Lena said:
He started school there, and I think he went to an English school.

It's unclear how good his English is, as Carlota pointed out Norwegian children begin to learn English quite early in school. Though I wouldn't presume to think that whatever education he has gotten from the public state system makes him fluent in it at the age of eight. He might have had some lessons to prepare for the year in England, and they might have continued when he returned home. As Haakon and Mette-Marit seems to have family and friends all over Europe, where English seems to be the main language, it would make sense to have their children fairly fluent in it. I know that Haakon and Märtha Louise used to have an English nanny for a while to learn English.

But children that age often manage to communicate very well without much words at all. It's often not until we are older that we are hindered by languages. ;)

Alexandria said:
I find it quite baffling how some people complain about how repetitive Letizia's wardrobe is and how boring it is, yet when other princesses show up at an event in a new dress they are suddenly clothes horses or much too glamorous or not thrifty enough.

:) hehe... i guess we are just difficult to satisfy... :)

Hi everyone Im new to this site:) :) :)

Lovely photos of the Greek royals, I think they all looked really stylish, I love what marie-chantal wore for the party, beautiful dress!!

Kansas Morning Sun articles

Youngest grandson of Greece's former king is baptized at Athens church
http://ap.morningsun.net/pstories/world/europe/20050619/3109343.shtml

Youngest grandson of Greece's former king is baptized at Athens church

The Associated Press
ATHENS, Greece — The youngest grandson of Greece's former king, Constantine, was christened in Athens, surrounded by European royalty.

Odysseas Kimon, the 9-month-old fourth child of Constantine's son, Pavlos, was baptized Saturday at the Church of the Convent of St. John the Baptist. The service was attended by Queen Sophia of Spain, Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway and Denmark's Princess Alexandra Sayn Wittgenstein.

Pavlos, 38, the eldest son of the former king, lives in London with his 36-year-old wife, Marie Chantal, the daughter of business tycoon Robert Miller.

Constantine fled Greece in 1967, shortly after a military coup. The monarchy was abolished by referendum after the dictatorship collapsed in 1974, and most former royal property was taken over by the state.

In 2003, the Council of Europe's Human Rights Court ended a decades-old legal battle and ordered Greece to pay Constantine $13 million for seized palaces, estates and property.

Nad25 said:
Hi everyone Im new to this site:) :) :)

Lovely photos of the Greek royals, I think they all looked really stylish, I love what marie-chantal wore for the party, beautiful dress!!

Welcome :)

carlota said:
mette marit looks astonishingly good... i really liked that dress. does wnyone know if it's also a valentino? she seems to be wearing valentino a lot in her last gala appearences.

Yes, both Mette-Marit and Marie Chantal are wearing Valentino. Mette-Marit looks amazing.

Back
Top Bottom