The Princess of Orange, News and Events Part 1 (Dec 2021 - present)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spanish gutter media are notoriously rude and have no respect for rank & file

Figures...They are even worse then British rags...there should be a law against them,intrusion in private lives should be taken more seriously and dealt with accordingly...But it is the pulp on the street that wants,demands almost,these gutter stories...

Fortunately Amalia is too young to consider marriage.
Bad enough that she cannot pursue her studies like all the other royal princesses who will be queen.
Look at Elisabeth of Belgium, Ingrid of Norway, Leonor of Spain. Somehow their parents have arranged for them to have privacy while they are getting their education.

And, really, no European country can be sure of not getting threats of some kind of crazy , radical people.

The parents should try to find a safe place for Amalia where she can study, make friends and can enjoy kind of a "normal" life, without those horrible threats.

What about going to their Carribean islands to study? Even if they don't have "prestigious" universities, it still would give her a break from all those insecurities.
Oh well, I am just musing about what I would consider if I was her parent.

Maybe Amalia did/does not want to live outside her homecountry.
Her father went to school in GB, was it discussed why Amalia wasn't send abroad?
I think her parents then missed a chance to give her privacy and freedom, at a young age and with less intrusion of media.
I was surprised to learn that again she would stay home (NL) for academic progress, surely f.e. Elisabeth is having a good time in London.

Especially after this she will most probably need to stay in the NL because of duty.

Did she say something about this in her book?
Txs.

Maybe Amalia did/does not want to live outside her homecountry.
Her father went to school in GB, was it discussed why Amalia wasn't send abroad?
I think her parents then missed a chance to give her privacy and freedom, at a young age and with less intrusion of media.
There was no need to send her abroad for less intrusion of the media; she lived a pretty normal (but privileged) life until September last year. She was able to go about her day-to-day life without any intrusion and enjoyed a very good education in the Netherlands, so no need to go somewhere else.

The reason her father went to Wales was because he had a hard time at home (note that at that time his mother had only been queen for a few years and his father was depressed - and Willem-Alexander was no doubt a very normal teenager with his moods and all and the added stress of being the Prince of Orange); as Amalia was perfectly happy at school and at home, sending her away wasn't needed, so why not complete her high school at the prestigious Christelijk Gymnasium Sorghvliet in The Hage? So, her situation was very different than her father's (we don't know yet exactly why Alexia went to Wales) - had they decided to interrupt her studies at her school to move abroad, the papers would definitely have wondered what was wrong - given that her father didn't go there because all was well...

I was surprised to learn that again she would stay home (NL) for academic progress, surely f.e. Elisabeth is having a good time in London.

Especially after this she will most probably need to stay in the NL because of duty.

Did she say something about this in her book?
Txs.
Not sure if I understand you correctly. She was never supposed to stay at home for her university studies: she was supposed to move into a student house situated at one of the canals of Amsterdam together with some fellow students/friends. In the book she talks about looking forward to the real student experience with year clubs etc at the student corps. Imho a good decision as in that way she'll build a Dutch network instead of only a foreign network without an understanding of what most of her peers go through.

Very few people in the Netherlands would go abroad for their Bachelor's; going abroad for one semester or for a Master's degree is more common; so, that's something that would make sense for Amalia as well. So, I applaud her for not leaving the Netherlands and in that way distancing herself from the country she is to become queen of but to immerse herself as much as possible in the student experience of her country men.

And in reference to Elisabeth: she is studying in Oxford, not in London!

Last edited:
About a month ago, one of Spain's most respected radio hosts (Federico Jiménez Losantos) said that Caterina-Amalia is living in Madrid, which would explain Máxima's quasi-incognito appearances. I don't follow the family closely so I don't know if Amalia is back in Nederland by now.

Last edited:
The threat by the so-called Mocro Mafia is immense. In the meantime Justice has arrested the lawyer of the boss of this Mafia, a very prominent and influential lawyer, Mrs Inez Weski.

Lots of upheaval and upset in the country: a top lawyer with a gigantic reputation in the most prominent court case being arrested by Justice? But now the newspaper De Volkskrant had a theory that she was "arrested" for her own safety.

It seems the main suspect was, despite being in the utmost secured prison of Europe, being able to communicate with the outside world. Justice suspects the lawyer of being the trait d'union between the jailed person and the criminal organization. Of course, a lawyer often is the only contact with the world outside, but may never be used as a channel to continue criminal activities.

Now the theory is that the lawyer was actually "arrested" because of her own safety: the pressure on her to act as a contact with the criminal organisation seems to be so immense that even her own family became under threat. This shows how these threats should not be underestimated. The intelligence services have interjected encrypted messages about kidnapping or murdering the Princess of Orange to show the State that the "Mocro Mafia" can hit back, and without mercy.

So if the "solution" is that the Princess of Orange would continue her studies in Amsterdam while living in a safe house in Madrid: unlikely but not impossible. Huis ten Bosch (where she is supposed to live) is already one of the most secured domains.

Here you see bulletproof glass fencing:
https://editorial01.shutterstock.com/wm-preview-1500/10055637d/44e5eccd/Shutterstock_10055637d.jpg

Before these glass screens a gate with concrete roadblocks, left and right electric fences halfway the moat around the domain:
https://content-cdn.elegance.nl/2021/07/xVjg7tylYHRbY71612778203.jpg

Before these gate there is another gate to be passed first:
https://content-cdn.elegance.nl/2021/07/rhnibKFMmOJLez1612778226-1024x714.jpg

Last edited:
That is some serious security at the Huis ten Bosch:previous:

I believe it is spring vacation in many schools in the Netherlands now, though I am not sure how that works for the UvA.

The Spanish newspaper La Razón talks about her being there now and even speaks of a boyfriend in Spain:

https://www.larazon.es/gente/casa-r...sevilla_20230424644678d57adfa80001c9f84d.html

The article is accompanied by photos from 2019 when she was pictured at this event with Mr. José Antonio Ruiz Berdejo, ex-husband of Julia Oetker and I believe by now also ex partner of Pia Getty, sister of Marie Chantal.

Interesting that not a word has been mentioned in our own press about this. They must know about it and they chose not to publish, which is fortunate for the princess. Very different from her father's experience, where every girlfriend was splattered on the front pages of the gossip magazines.

Last edited:
Fortunate for Amalia, but perhaps also a sound and reasonably humane gesture on the part of the press not to make her terrible security situation worse?

Fortunate for Amalia, but perhaps also a sound and reasonably humane gesture on the part of the press not to make her terrible security situation worse?

You're asking too much from the disgusting Spanish press.

For a moment I thought Amalia was dating Ruiz
-Berdejo -a 55 year old honorary consul- and my eyes nearly pop off my face. Especially because he's supposed to be dating Isabel Preysler.
:D

Last edited:
I believe it is spring vacation in many schools in the Netherlands now, though I am not sure how that works for the UvA.

The Spanish newspaper La Razón talks about her being there now and even speaks of a boyfriend in Spain:

https://www.larazon.es/gente/casa-r...sevilla_20230424644678d57adfa80001c9f84d.html

The article is accompanied by photos from 2019 when she was pictured at this event with Mr. José Antonio Ruiz Berdejo, ex-husband of Julia Oetker and I believe by now also ex partner of Pia Getty, sister of Marie Chantal.

Interesting that not a word has been mentioned in our own press about this. They must know about it and they chose not to publish, which is fortunate for the princess. Very different from her father's experience, where every girlfriend was splattered on the front pages of the gossip magazines.
Amalia does indeed have a short break but it only starts on Thursday (just in time for her to participate in the king's day activities) and lasts until the end of next week; so, depending on which Tutor group she is in, she still had classes last week until Thursday or Friday and definitely had classes today.

Perhaps it is the people around her who should think better of things... the only photo that has been published, has been published by the designer of her dress with her permission. The Fair is a mass party, with many famous people and press, it is not exactly a place where a famous person goes unnoticed... and even so there has been a lot of discretion.

And she goes to Andalusia, the closest European territory to Morocco and knowing that on the Costa del Sol there is a presence of the same mafia that threatens her in the Netherlands.

Neither discretion nor security appear to have been a priority in this case.

Perhaps it is the people around her who should think better of things... the only photo that has been published, has been published by the designer of her dress with her permission. The Fair is a mass party, with many famous people and press, it is not exactly a place where a famous person goes unnoticed... and even so there has been a lot of discretion.

And she goes to Andalusia, the closest European territory to Morocco and knowing that on the Costa del Sol there is a presence of the same mafia that threatens her in the Netherlands.

What do you know about the link between mr T and any criminals that work from Andalucia? I've heard of part of this group operating from Dubai but not that they are active in Andalucia. That they are called the Mocro Maffia doesn't mean that all criminals from Moroccan descendant, of whom some might be active in Spain, are part of that same group.

And how can you claim that security was not a priority in this case? None of us is privy to the security arrangements, so it is impossible to judge. Nonetheless, given the strict measures she is living under, I am glad they are able to continue to find ways for her to live life as much as possible also outside of the constraints of the Palace and University - while taking all necessary security measures. I guess it helps if her presence is only known after the fact and not in advance. The trip to the Caribbean and the King's Day festivities will be/have been much more of a nightmare in terms of security.

Last edited:

So even though Amalia is not responsible for the threats on her life or her own security measures (that's her secret services, like any heir to a throne), and even though she's been through essentially months of very difficult house arrest in the Netherlands and clearly spends time in Spain because she's been deemed safer there... you continue to want to portray this as the fault of an irresponsible party girl. (Last year it was Maxima and the Dutch government; now you have moved on to Amalia.) Good to know.

Last edited:

I am not reading anything about a boyfriend in this article. It states that she is in love with 'our country' (una enamorada de nuestro pais) but that's quite different from having a Spanish boyfriend.

What do you know about the link between mr T and any criminals that work from Andalucia? I've heard of part of this group operating from Dubai but not that they are active in Andalucia. That they are called the Mocro Maffia doesn't mean that all criminals from Moroccan descendant, of whom some might be active in Spain, are part of that same group.

Mocromafia torture chambers discovered in Marbella villas
https://inspain.news/mocromafia-torture-chambers-discovered-in-marbella-villas/

Mocro-mafia busted as Spanish police seize 740 kilos of cocaine and €50k in cash
https://www.sundayworld.com/crime/w...os-of-cocaine-and-50k-in-cash/1008768735.html

Last edited:
Interesting. I wonder why Mathilde (and Elisabeth) aren't with them. Would have been nicer for Amalia as well - or are they on a different boat?

Interesting. I wonder why Mathilde (and Elisabeth) aren't with them. Would have been nicer for Amalia as well - or are they on a different boat?
Yesterday Mathilde was at the wedding of Duchess Amelie of Württemberg in Altshausen. I don't know about Elisabeth

Interesting mix of people. I never expected Pss Amalia at an Armani show, and neither the King of the Belgians (though he does have an Italian mother of course!). I don't think Amalia ever wore anything by Armani - for a public event at least. Though it would be nice if she could get away from her mother's favourite designers and look for some other things.

Last edited:
Yesterday Mathilde was at the wedding of Duchess Amelie of Württemberg in Altshausen. I don't know about Elisabeth
Oxford didn’t start yet right? Maybe she prefer to enjoy some of the peace and quiet before heading Oxford? I just find the whole thing weird that the king would attend with the heir of Netherlands who from what knew from the press conference earlier in the summer is good friends with Elisabeth and not take Elisabeth.

Oxford didn’t start yet right? Maybe she prefer to enjoy some of the peace and quiet before heading Oxford? I just find the whole thing weird that the king would attend with the heir of Netherlands who from what knew from the press conference earlier in the summer is good friends with Elisabeth and not take Elisabeth.

No, Michelmas term starts in October.

But Elisabeth is an adult and may not have desired to go on vacation with her father and younger siblings. After spending a month doing military summer camp she may just be enjoying some personal down time, or her own vacation, before she heads back to the UK in a few weeks.

No sign Amalia was taken by the Belgian royals. May have been on her own vacation, and since they were going to the same event, tagged along on the boat.

Last edited:
No, Michelmas term starts in October.

But Elisabeth is an adult and may not have desired to go on vacation with her father and younger siblings. After spending a month doing military summer camp she may just be enjoying some personal down time, or her own vacation, before she heads back to the UK in a few weeks.

No sign Alexia was taken by the Belgian royals. May have been on her own vacation, and since they were going to the same event, tagged along on the boat.
make sense and it was amalia not alexia

Still no news about Amalia's studies?
I wonder if there is more behind it than security matters.
She is seen every now and then travelling but can't be protected in her homecountry?
Don't know how dutch police is organized and works but it seems to work in other countries
why not for Amalia and why here and there but not constantly?
Any dutch members here who know more about royal protection in the Netherlands?
TXs.

She is seen every now and then travelling but can't be protected in her homecountry?
Don't know how dutch police is organized and works but it seems to work in other countries
TXs.

Since September 2022, the Princess has been studying Politics, Psychology, Law and Economics (PPLE) at the University of Amsterdam.

TXs.

Do you read?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom