National Day Monaco: 2006 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who is the priest sitting with Princess Caroline and Stephanie? I've seen him before at other Grimaldi famiily official functions.

Watching live feed from the presentations at the Palais - Charlene appears to be listening very intently to Albert speaking - I wonder how much she is able to understand.

She understands French perfectly. I am just not sure if she is able to speak it. At her first interview after she was engaged the questions were put to her in French, and she understood them but asked the interviewer if she could give her replies in English.

Also, being divorced has never stopped Caroline and Stephanie from receiving Communion in the past. There could be a couple of personal reasons why they didn't approach the Sacrament today.

Last edited:
Too bad about the weather, it seems chilly.

I wasn't expecting Charlotte to be there today.
Going to mass on the national day of a very catholic country when you're unmarried and very visibly pregnant might be a bit too much.

Going to mass on the national day of a very catholic country when you're unmarried and very visibly pregnant might be a bit too much.

The Grimaldi/Casiraghis don't strike me as people who are easily embarrassed but you might have a point. Beside the fact that Charlotte is very heavily pregnant and the weather was bad, perhaps she felt that her appearance at such a formal and official event in the presence of the Archbishop of Monaco would look...awkward.:ermm:

This is very hypocrite. She doer not hide her pregnancy in Monaco, so why she should hide now?
Stephanie had at least two of her pregnancies (or even the 3) out of wedlock, she was even not living with Camille's father. Did she abstain from the National day?

Let's be practical, walking, standing, going up and down steps while 9 months pregnant is uncomfortable, not to mention finding a beautiful maternity outfit is not so easy. Most royal ladies abstain from attending official functions at the last stages of their pregnancies.

Alexandra is turning into such a lovely young lady. Does not have Charlotte's looks but then who does, and it may actually be in her favour. Charlotte has always just been beautiful, and despite assertions that she is very bright she does not appear to have finished University and never craved any kind of career other then being a socialite. Nothing wrong with that but I would have liked to see Caroline's children do something, they do not have major public duties. What do the boys do?

I agree, Alexandra is becoming a very pretty young lady. She is a mixture of both her parents, imo.:whistling:

As unorthodox and baffling as I sometimes find this family, I just love seeing them on occasions like National Day. They are simply beautiful to look at and so glamorous!

Does anyone know the chant the crowds below were chanting up at them? What was that?

Last edited:
There is a gala photo in monaco Matin. and there was a very short report in monaco Channel. Albert , Charlene, Caroline and Pierre attended the gala.

There is a gala photo in monaco Matin. and there was a very short report in monaco Channel. Albert , Charlene, Caroline and Pierre attended the gala.

Can you post the link, I can't find the picture. Thanks

This photo is in the site of Monaco Matin but the people must pay to get the articles and the photos.

You could see a very short documentary about the gala and we saw very brievely the princely couple with caroline and pierre in the lodge and Charlene and caroline receiving the flowers of children. They wore the orders Grimaldi.

Last edited by a moderator:
The link below is currently showing highlights of the National Day on a loop. There is a brief footage of the evening gala ( but blink and you might miss it.) Charlene is in black and Caroline in a lovely midnight blue (velvet/) gown. Both are wearing the sash of the Order of St Charles.
http://www.monacochannel.mc/Le-Direct

I think that's the first time in years that the gala was made with low coverage. Wonder if there's a reason!

I think that's the first time in years that the gala was made with low coverage. Wonder if there's a reason!

Yes, The Monaco National Day gala or opera has always been photographed. I find it odd that no photographs are available in the usual photo websites such as gettyimages or rexfeatures. I don't even see the photos of this even on the Monaco Facebook page.

Iceflower has suggested that perhaps further pics from the various events be made available later. I agree we normally get photos of the Gala. It's not in the usual venue of the Salle Garnier either which is such a lovely venue.

A photo given by the palace which is on the official page of FB

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...700945.-2207520000.1384962925.&type=3&theater

There is a strike in Monaco Matin, Nice Matin, we could only read the articles and watch the photos on their sites. The only photograph which could take the photos of the gala the last years belongs to the Newspapers of Nice and Monaco. This year, he is on strike.since yesterday evening. i think we will have some photos later.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iceflower has suggested that perhaps further pics from the various events be made available later. I agree we normally get photos of the Gala. It's not in the usual venue of the Salle Garnier either which is such a lovely venue.

Where was it held then? :ermm:

This proves my point. The fete this year is absolutely the weirdest ever! The cutest though!

I like the photo given by the palace. I do not find that this year it is the weirdest. There was a storm, rhe 2 parades were cancelled. ir was very dangerious .
There is a strike in the newspapers and there are no photos you will get them later. Look at the news , you will watch a little report about the gala.

I like the photo given by the palace. I do not find that this year it is the weirdest. There was a storm, rhe 2 parades were cancelled. ir was very dangerious .
There is a strike in the newspapers and there are no photos you will get them later. Look at the news , you will watch a little report about the gala.

Thank you mp for your explanation regarding the newspaper strike. I wondered if there was a power outage from the storm that effected the newspapers.

Thank you mp for your explanation regarding the newspaper strike. I wondered if there was a power outage from the storm that effected the newspapers.
But still what about gettymages, corbis and all the others?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom