The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Administrator

Okay...this thread isn't about President Bush, the Iraq War or President Obama.

I appreciate the comparisons in regards to the negative press that Sarah has received but let's stop it here.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 06-04-2010, 07:17 PM
Heir Presumptive

Of course, is there any monarch free and wanting a new wife ???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Unless she marries, and recieves a better title.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:24 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
Of course, is there any monarch free and wanting a new wife ???
If you look at the comments after my statement Melibea and I were discussing the other PA.
Old 06-05-2010, 08:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Sorry what does "PA" means ?
Old 06-05-2010, 09:44 AM
Administrator

I believe they are referring to Prince Albert of Monaco.

Old 06-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Yes we are.
If Charlene were to ever disappear, I think Sarah would be right in there.
Old 06-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Yes we are.
If Charlene were to ever disappear, I think Sarah would be right in there.
Agree! She's be there as fast as a greased pig.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:21 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAPretender View Post
Agree! She's be there as fast as a greased pig.
That comparison to greased pig is just what Sarah has been getting. As far as this hypothesis that if Charlene were to ever leave Sarah would step in on the Prince of Monaco is one of the the most ridiculous things I have ever read.
Old 06-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
That comparison to greased pig is just what Sarah has been getting. As far as this hypothesis that if Charlene were to ever leave Sarah would step in on the Prince of Monaco is one of the the most ridiculous things I have ever read.
I think if she could she would, to wind him round her little finger and to live in the lap of luxury in Monaco?
Old 06-05-2010, 02:43 PM
Courtier

I thought that we were sharing a joke not something to get angry about

And I have to agree about Lumutqueen the little I know about Sarah F. allows me to think that she would not mind being the first dame of Monaco. Or is any sheik free?
Old 06-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post

And I have to agree about Lumutqueen the little I know about Sarah F. allows me to think that she would not mind being the first dame of Monaco. Or is any sheik free?
Oh Melibea.
We were sharing a joke, but sometimes like I do, things are taken too seriously.
Old 06-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesa View Post
well, I finally watched the interview and I have to say that I was watching Sarah very closley. She looked more embarrased of the situation being shown over and over. Not once did she show remorse over her actions. All she did was make excuses of self hatred and other remarks that had nothing to do with selling out her ex husband. Sure people make major mistakes, some land in jail because of them. But she did not apologize to her family or the queen for the embarrasment that her actions have caused. She lookes totally lost and broken. Someone who does know which way to turn because she is very desperate. But it seems as if she is desperate in a way that she only wants her money problems to be fixed by someone. She is desperate for someone to dig her out of the hole she created. By dragging up the past in ragards to her $20k allowance, it seems to me as if she is "trying" to lay guilt on someone so that they say "poor sarah" let's increase your allowance and that will help you out. She is trying to create sympathy for herself when it is the RF and her immediate family that should have the sympathy for having to be tied to someone who obviously can not control herself or her actions. i don't know. This whole thing is very tiresome and boring. I just wish they would cut off ties with her, and for her to get on with her life and try to earn back some respect and trust. It's all pretty sad that she saw what was happening, but did nothing about it. And now that it's too late to do something about it, she sits there and makes nothing but excuses for her actions. She is a very sad and pathetic person in my eyes. And I used to like her. But dragging your family down with you is where I draw the line.
I agree with everything you said.
Royal family always had problem with Sarah. I am even surprised that her marriage with Andrew lasted so long.
And now, Sarah seems to have no regrets.
I am afraid that after this event Brits may even stronger support an idea that royal allowance should be limited to only immediate successors to the throne.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 06-05-2010, 03:49 PM
Administrator

Lets cool it with the pig references. I am sure there are other ways to describe one's opinion of Sarah, whether it be good or bad.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Old 06-05-2010, 04:32 PM
Heir Apparent

So, what's up with the next day? What is she doing now? Has anyone read anything?
Old 06-05-2010, 04:40 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoorMeansLight View Post
So, what's up with the next day? What is she doing now? Has anyone read anything?
She's probably doing something SMART for once: Laying low.
Old 06-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Oh dear, I fear this is out of this world...
Old 06-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
Lets cool it with the pig references. I am sure there are other ways to describe one's opinion of Sarah, whether it be good or bad.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator
Thank you Zonk. the peoples here tend to become so agrressive.

I have not seen the interview with señora Winfrey. Is it at youtube?
Old 06-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post

When oh when are you going to take the comedy show on the road?
Old 06-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russophile View Post
Only Prince Andrew knows for sure.
Old 06-05-2010, 06:16 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
I agree with everything you said.
Royal family always had problem with Sarah. I am even surprised that her marriage with Andrew lasted so long.
And now, Sarah seems to have no regrets.
I am afraid that after this event Brits may even stronger support an idea that royal allowance should be limited to only immediate successors to the throne.

If by royal allowance you are referring to the Civil List they don't need to make any changes. Only the monarch and the spouse of the monarch are on the Civil List now (namely the Queen and Philip). None of the Queen's children get paid anything from the state as the Queen reimburses any moneys paid. In the past Anne and Andrew and some of the others were on the Civil List but since 1992 the Queen has been paying that money back to the government from her private sources.

Of course if they do official work for the government then their expenses are paid - just like the government pays for the official expenses of politicians.

Charles has a separate income from which he supports his wife and sons (although they are independently wealthy due to their inheritance from Diana's divorce settlement).

The Queen provides for the rest of the family from her private income from the Duchy of Lancaster estate.

Security is supplied at taxpayers' expense and there is a good argument that some of that could be cut back.

By immediate heirs I also wonder who you mean - children of the monarch - Charles, Anne, Andrew and Edward or just the eldest son and his eldest son (it would be unfair to include Harry - a grandson - over Andrew and Edward her sons remembering that Harry is only the second son of Charles just as Andrew is the second son).