Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 20: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
240px-Arms_of_Sarah_Ferguson.svg.png

Arms of Sarah, Duchess of York

Welcome to Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events, Part 20

Commencing September 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
Duchess of York had a meeting with the President Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa in Lisbon

And today 7 September attends at the 'The Son' premiere, in 79th Venice International Film Festival, Italy

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...Son', 79th Venice International Film Festival
https://www.gettyimages.com/search/2/image?events=775859163

The Duchess and today 8 September in Venice

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefee...festival?celeb=Sarah Ferguson Duchess of York

Last edited:
An advert for her new book just popped up on my Facebook newsfeed. I do find it irksome that she uses her title for publishing books, even though "Duchess of York" is in small letters underneath "Sarah Ferguson" in big letters.

An advert for her new book just popped up on my Facebook newsfeed. I do find it irksome that she uses her title for publishing books, even though "Duchess of York" is in small letters underneath "Sarah Ferguson" in big letters.

It is the correct address of divorced peers' wives: Firstname, Former Title. So, "Sarah, Duchess of York" is her name.

It is the correct address of divorced peers' wives: Firstname, Former Title. So, "Sarah, Duchess of York" is her name.

Princess Märtha Louise used the "it is my legal name" argument to justify her use of her title to earn income but it wasn't persuasive to the Norwegian public.

That said, Duchess is not a title which is exclusive to the royal family in the UK, which distinguishes it from the use of Princess in Norway. And Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex and Princess Michael of Kent have also authored books using their titles.

Why is she still allowed to make money like this? So vulgar.

:previous: Let's be fair here, vulgar is a lot better than broke! Sarah has been making her own way for many years and to be honest, all power to her. As to the topic, well she has a lot of positive things to share, such as divorce isn't a fatal disease and you discover who your real friends are.

Sarah and Andrew's divorce was pure jam for the paparazzi and they were merciless. She always looked stressed and she got into a spiral of weight gain and loss. That she she emerged from a time of deep depression feeling isolated and alone is a tribute to her resilience and the fact that she didn't want to let her daughters down. That has paid off in spades with both Beatrice and Eugenie being such lovely young women and both blissfully, happily married.

Sarah is not a financial whizz and, so it was and will continue to be, hard work on all fronts, both personal and financial, yet her irrepressible good humour and bubbly personality continue to draw people to her even now. Most people prefer to mix with happy, positive people or, at the very least not depressed people and she is almost an antidote these days. A living tribute to getting up and dusting oneself off and remounting the horse every time she has been thrown.

Why is she still allowed to make money like this? So vulgar.

It is, but Fergie is always in desperate need of money.
Yes, she lives (and lives very well) rent free with Andrew.

Yet she has expensive tastes, and the $ is never enough.

Since she is divorced, the BF has no way to stem the tide of vulgarity.

It is, but Fergie is always in desperate need of money.
Yes, she lives (and lives very well) rent free with Andrew.

Yet she has expensive tastes, and the $ is never enough.

Since she is divorced, the BF has no way to stem the tide of vulgarity.

You'd think that people woudl get tired of her constant selling herself and her see sawing between riches and spending them all. What has she to say now that people would actually pay money to hear

She’s fine. Leave her be. She got a rough ride and she has stood by Andrew probably for the home, her girls and grandkids but still she is holding that family together. She’s fine.

She’s fine. Leave her be. She got a rough ride and she has stood by Andrew probably for the home, her girls and grandkids but still she is holding that family together. She’s fine.

is she? IMO she stands by Andrew partly because she is fond of him, and parlty because she and he have been able to support each other, in money making in dubious ways, which is not a particuarly admirable activity.

I agree. They are mated for life despite not being legally married.

Are they? Sarah had two extramarital relationships during her marriage, and has had relationships with other males since. And Andrew had at least one other girlfriend after his divorce that it was rumoured he was serious about and wanted to settle down with, as well as some casual girlfriends. Sorry, but that doesn’t sound like mated for life to me!

I agree. They are mated for life despite not being legally married.

They are mated in the sense that they have a long standing relationship, and IMO a lot of it is bad, because they encourage each other in bad behaviour. She defends him when he gets in trouble. He bails her out when she is having money troubles which is most of the time. In fact, not to defend Andrew too much but I dont think he had that greed for money at first, it was Sarah who sparked it off in him. She was always over spending and he tried to help, and through his Trading post he was able to meet rich people who helped them out, and he got more and more keen on money making.

Are they? Sarah had two extramarital relationships during her marriage, and has had relationships with other males since. And Andrew had at least one other girlfriend after his divorce that it was rumoured he was serious about and wanted to settle down with, as well as some casual girlfriends. Sorry, but that doesn’t sound like mated for life to me!

Of course not. But they do have a bond.. IMO a bad one which may well have scared off some of Andrew's more serious girlfriends. A woman isn't likely to want a boyfriend whose ex wife is SO big a part of his life that she still lives with him part of the time. But I believe that if Sarah had found anohter very rich man, who did not have the restrictions of royal life, which would hamper her as his wife, she would have married him. However, no man seems to have been keen on marriage with her, and that has meant that she has clung to her bond with Andrew. I dont understand honestly the idea that they are still in love and woud remarry at some stage. They have a friendship, adn they help each ohter out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom