Sarah, Duchess of York Current Events 20: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Poor Sarah, she's having a rough time. Wishing her a full and speedy recovery.

This is not good. Melanoma is one of the deadliest types of cancer once it spreads. I hope they caught it early. All good wishes for a complete recovery.

Let's hope for the best for her but a secondary cancer is never a good sign.

Bless her heart. I also had skin cancer but not the dangerous Melanoma type. Apparently there seems to be many variations. Speedy detection is key also. I sincerely hope she pulls through this bout with cancer with speed and confidence. Prayers Sarah.

Melanoma only becomes a problem if not caught early. If caught early as part of routine medical care, it is very treatable and usually does not require anything more than excision of the melanoma. I had one myself more than 15 years ago, and the only follow up care I've ever required are regular skin checks by a dermatologist.

I hope that this is the case for Sarah too.

I'm very sorry to hear this news and wish the Duchess the very best with this latest news.

Good thing it was picked up, hopefully she'll recover and regain full health quickly.

It’s unfortunate that she’s extremely fair-skinned and at a very high risk for this [“In fact, skin melanoma is strikingly more common in patients with type I skin, freckling, blue eyes and red hair” — all of which Sarah has] (thank goodness for her watchful dermatologist), but melanoma can happen to anyone, and iirc the diagnosis rate has skyrocketed over the last few decades.

I hope she recovers well.

Last edited:
What other family does Sarah have that she can lean on? I know her girls and Andrew,, but is her sister close with her? This is just horrible news, talk about too many blows. Even more kudos to Charles for bringing her back into the fold, she needs family during these times.

What other family does Sarah have that she can lean on? I know her girls and Andrew,, but is her sister close with her? This is just horrible news, talk about too many blows. Even more kudos to Charles for bringing her back into the fold, she needs family during these times.

IIRC, her sister still lives in Australia; she is said to be fairly close with her former stepmother (her dad's widow.)

And she has also three half-siblings.

Sarah as Maiden's "Godmother" in the Whitbread Round the World Race in 1989/90 was the guest of honour at the celebration for the yacht's world race homecoming in Southampton on April 16.

Princess Haya and her children attended as well.

And Sarah has been on a two-day visit to Bucharest, Romania, to visit Tikva charity's children's home:

Back
Top Bottom