Zara and Mike Tindall and Family News and Events 3: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2012/jul/31/london-2012-eventing-zara-phillips

Zara admitted her error at the Olympics cost her team gold in this article. No shame in it, she still achieved a great feat

You are misreading the article, I believe. Zara is not saying that the fence she had down was the difference between her team winning gold or silver, just that the faults were caused by rider error rather than horse error. Eventing as a sport has so many variables it’s really hard to isolate like that. You could just as easily point to problems with her teammates in Cross Country for example.

From the same article:

“As the German national anthem boomed around the arena, the British team had time to reflect on what had gone wrong. Fox-Pitt's horse Lionheart underperformed in the cross-country, meaning that his score became a discard in the final count – the top three scores from the five-strong teams are added up to give the nation's final tally. For Britain to win, Fox-Pitt – the world No1 – needed to come good.”

Last edited:
I was checking the Burghley standings this morning because a rider I quite enjoy, Boyd Martin, is there as well and I wanted to see how his horses went. It looks like Zara had to retire on cross country, which is a shame.

The articles I have read have noted that Class Affair is quite a difficult horse- talented, but hard to ride and inconsistent. I hope she has some young horses in her string that are showing some promise.

Here’s an article about what happened in the cross country if anyone is interested. Sounds like she made the right decision to retire for the horse’s safety: https://www.horseandhound.co.uk/new...ry-zara-tindall-emily-king-boyd-martin-836368

Last edited:
Now Zara is competing at the Cornbury House International Horse Trials, here are some photos from yesterday:

** dm article **

Zara competed at the Cornbury House International Horse Trials yesterday, September 8. The Duchess of Edinburgh attended as well, but no photos of them together:

** rex gallery **

Mike and James Haskell hosted the Pringles and Movember's 'Talk-Thru' cinema event in Brixton's Ritzy Cinema in London yesterday, September 25:

** rex gallery **

Not a fan of the headband but love the look otherwise.

:previous:

Not another interview, but other excerpts of the mentioned Women's Weekly interview :flowers:

Today, December 15, Zara and Mika attended the Christmas meeting at Cheltenham Racecourse:

** rex gallery ** dailymail article **

Zara and Mike are by now in Australia, as usually in January, and as Patrons attended the Magic Millions Racing Women Achievement Awards:

** dailymail article **

I love Zara and Mike! Not every woman in her 40s has the confidence to carry off a bikini, but Zara looks amazing, and they're obviously so happy together.

Zara and Mike at the beach and at lunch yesterday, January 10:

** dailymail article ** dailymail article 2 **

Here’s some Aussie etiquette that Zara and Mike missed.

Don’t pile your gear up on the picnic table while you take a swim.

Put it on the grass and let the ants crawl on it.

Put it on the sand and let it get gritty.

You can see the brick BBQ in the background in one of the photos. Leave the table free for other families if you’re not actually eating.

Otherwise, there’s always the car for your things while you’re in the water.

Not serious, but Aussies would grow up knowing better. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom