Zara and Mike Tindall and Family News and Events 3: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Welcome to Zara and Mike Tindall and Family News and Events, Part 3

Commencing September 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Zara participated in the Cross Country Test at The Land Rover Burghley International Horse Trials in Lincolnshire today, September 3:

** rex gallery **

Mike Tindall along with co-hosts James Haskell and Alex Payne of the The Good, The Bad & The Rugby podcast did a special episode reflecting on the late HM The Queen. Mike mentioned that he first met The Queen in 1992 at Queen Elizabeth Grammar School, when he was a pupil there

Last edited:
Zara competed at the Osberton International and Young Horse Championships at the Osberton International Horse Trials on the Osberton Estate near Worksop today, September 29:

** Pic ** pa images gallery ** dailymail article **

I love this family!

I suppose he has asked permission from the King.

I doubt he needs to. He’s never been a working royal family member and he’s always maintained his outside career.

He’s always been discreet about the royal family on his podcast and I’m sure that will continue.

Well its not confirmed yet at all - and there's a good history of the media getting wrong who is going to appear so I'd say it is still 50 / 50.

IF he does appear, he has always been discreet about the RF IMO, if he does speak of them it is never anything but positive.

Also worth pointing out, if he does appear then the agreement / deal will likely have been done before now, before the late Queen's death IMO. I doubt he has ever sought permission for whatever work / deals he has done. He was an International level rugby player - while his "royal connections" won't hurt most of his fame and "pull" comes from his own past achievements as a sports man.

I guess he is even more a "peripheral" royal than ever now - the sovereign is now his wife's uncle rather than grandmother, one more step removed.

Why should he? As others have said, he doesn't work for the BRF, he has no title, and he gets no money from the Civil List. He's a private citizen. He's the nephew-in-law of the King, but that means jack and squat.

I really don't like this. I know he is not a working member of the family, but still.

Me neither. Mike Tindall, the retired rugby union player and World Cup winner, going on a reality TV programme, fine. Mike Tindall, the King's niece's husband, going on a reality TV programme, less so. And I'm a Celebrity, as well - something like Bake Off or maybe even Strictly Come Dancing wouldn't be so bad, but I'm a Celebrity is designed to strip people of their dignity. I'm sure he won't be spilling any royal secrets, but I just don't think it's a good idea.

I really don't like this. I know he is not a working member of the family, but still.
I agree with you. The show is tacky, he'll be filmed taking showers in his pants and he'll do all sorts of disgusting and undignified things on camera. The only way he could lessen the vulgar spectacle for me would be if he said his entire fee was going to charity.

Yeah, this isn't an amazing look for Mike. I'm sure he'll make an entertaining participant in Bushtucker trials or whatever and he's a man who can create a fun atmosphere and might end up a very popular contestant but eh...

If he wanted to go down this route Strictly would have been better like so many former rugby stars. At least it's productive and they're given a "journey". This is humiliation TV.

I very much doubt the BRF have to worry about him revealing any family secrets but that's about the only positive I can see unless he is donating his fee to Parkinsons.

Last edited:
Why should he? As others have said, he doesn't work for the BRF, he has no title, and he gets no money from the Civil List. He's a private citizen. He's the nephew-in-law of the King, but that means jack and squat.

No one gets any money from the Civil List now. The last person who did so died a month ago.

The Civil List as such was reduced from a long list of people to three in 1992 - The Queen, The Queen Mother and The Duke of Edinburgh. Everyone else was funded directly by The Queen after that from her private wealth.

The Civil List itself ended with the passing of the Sovereign Grant Act in 2012.

I sometimes watch, sometimes don’t, but will do if Mike appears. I don’t follow rugby but he’s always come across very well in what I’ve seen of him. One of my favourite royal in-laws.

I agree he is going on because of his rugby connection and not his royal one. I’d say he’s more well known in his own right than Carol Thatcher was when she went on. Had male primogeniture not made his wife the lowest ranking grandchild of Queen Elizabeth II in the line of succession (without it she’d have been in Eugenie’s place) I’m not sure he’d have been able to go on, so I do understand the concerns. It’s A Royal Knockout probably casts a long shadow too.

I’m sure Mike can be trusted not to reveal too much - perhaps a few more details about the first time he met The Queen/King Charles/The Princess Royal, but that’s not damaging. I suspect he ran it past his late grandmother-in-law out of respect for her, and perhaps the RF thought it better that the public be talking about Mike in the jungle rather than the book that would have been coming out at around that time, and may yet still do.

Last edited:

If that is true, this is the worst I have ever seen a person related to the souvereign has done. I understand that for him, havig survived the Rugby world, this will be fun and maybe he wanted to try this out for a long time but didn't out of respect for his wife's gradnmother, but still.

I find it ok when Royals (or their in-laws) model or act professionally - that's a good way to earn some money for yourself before the university and then the time to work yourself up into a more leading position, but this show wants to strip the dignity of the contstants. And not only that, their public will loose their respect for the Royal participant and that's bad for the monarchy. Even if Mike Tindall is just Zara's husband! But he is the son-in-law of the Princess Royal and the father of 3 of her grandchildren.
He should respect her more!!! IMHO, of course. (But maybe it's just a hoax, anyway).

The colour, the style, everything was perfect. I wish I could have one too but the price tag is "rather' high ! LOL !

Back
Top Bottom