Tiaras And Hair

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Queen Rania is one of the best in wearing a tiara with her hair down. The swedish royal ladies wear their tiara very good in a beautiful hairdo.

I have a question as this is one of my pet topics.
Sometimes we see royals wearing their tiaras in the same way gala after gala. How can they be innovative. I have seen photos from the 20¨s were royals has put their tiara upside down (do not have a photo to show) is this something you would like to see. Is there other ways for royals to be innovative when wearing tiaras for example with their hair.
I think several royal houses has brooches in their vaults so these can be used with a elaborate hairstyle.

Josefine said:
I have a question as this is one of my pet topics.
Sometimes we see royals wearing their tiaras in the same way gala after gala. How can they be innovative. I have seen photos from the 20¨s were royals has put their tiara upside down (do not have a photo to show) is this something you would like to see. Is there other ways for royals to be innovative when wearing tiaras for example with their hair.
I think several royal houses has brooches in their vaults so these can be used with a elaborate hairstyle.

I'd like to see headband or bandau tiaras make a comeback....you know, something that can be worn on the forehead or right along the hairline.

I'd also like to see something with pieces of jewelery woven into the hair. When my best friend got married a couple years ago, she had some pearl pieces that belonged to her grandmother sewn into her hair ribbon she had running through her hair, so when she turned around, the back of her head was diamonds and pearls.

Does the Countess of Wessex has second tiara

sirhon11234 said:
Does the Countess of Wessex has second tiara

No, I believe the only one she has was the one she receieved for her wedding.

Oh Countess has 3 tiaras- her wedding tiara (she received from queen), aqamarine tiara and scroll tiara (I think this is the right name of it) she wore it on their pre-wedding gala :)

The Countess of Wessex's three tiaras are discussed in her thread, here.

Sister Morphine said:
I'd like to see headband or bandau tiaras make a comeback....you know, something that can be worn on the forehead or right along the hairline.

I'd also like to see something with pieces of jewelery woven into the hair. When my best friend got married a couple years ago, she had some pearl pieces that belonged to her grandmother sewn into her hair ribbon she had running through her hair, so when she turned around, the back of her head was diamonds and pearls.

You mean something along these lines?

http://www.royal-magazin.de/monaco/fringe.htm

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/kimebear_2006/ElisabethofBelgium.jpg

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h191/kimebear_2006/tiarastrathmoreroseelizabeth.jpg

It is a shame that it is out of style. These ladies looked lovely with their short hair. Diana tried a couple of times to use this look. Laura Ponte inverted a tiara on her wedding day, but I didn't particularly care for her results. It's unfortunate. Some of the ladies today just pop a tiara on their heads and go.:sad:

HRHAmy said:
Just a thought... I saw this picture of Amanda Peet at a premeir and she was wearing a thin head band made out of diamonds it looked really good on her brown hair. I can't find the picture online but I saw it in a magazine. I think that would be a cool take on a tiara, just a thing diamond head band. Rania would wear it well so would Mette-Marit. If anybody could find the pic it would be appreciated, I've looked everywhere for it. :) What do you think?

HRHAmy,

Is this what you saw??

Picture from GettyImages

52751307.jpg

Last edited:
RachelD said:

Yes RachelD!!! That's the picture I was talking about, I love the way it fits with her hair. What do you think? Do you think a princess would look good in it? I know if they wore it they would get flack for not having a impressive tiara but I think it would be a good starter tiara and it's nice and light and probably wouldn't break the Queen or King's bank account either.:flowers:

For me to. RachelD could you post it again or write the number of the photo from Getty Image?

Sister Morphine said:
That link doesn't work for me. When I click on it....I get nothing. Could you upload it to Imageshack so everyone can see it?

I'm sorry but how do I do that??? I'm a little bit on the ignorant side when it comes to computers....:flowers:

Can you see this?

[URL="http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/52751307.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1"]http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/52751307.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1[/URL]

In case you can't, this is the image # on the gettyimages site:
Image 52751307

Last edited:
Sister Morphine said:
That link doesn't work for me. When I click on it....I get nothing. Could you upload it to Imageshack so everyone can see it?

When you click on the link do you get the "no authorization..." message? Refresh the window that's showing the error. This always works for me whenever I get that message with one of the Getty images.

RachelD said:
I'm sorry but how do I do that??? I'm a little bit on the ignorant side when it comes to computers....:flowers:

Can you see this?

http://javascript<b></b>:OpenChildW...lbars=yes,status=no,titlebar=no,toolbar=no');http://cache.gettyimages.com/xt/52751307.jpg?v=1&g=editorial_na&s=1

I can see that picture.

For future reference, to upload something to Imageshack, save the picture to your hard drive, go to Imageshack, upload the picture and then you'll get a bunch of different links for displaying your picture. Just go to the last one and put that link between the img tags.

I can see it!
Thanks RachelD, Nefertiti:flowers:

Just make so many time since any royal lady wear a tira :ermm: i just miss of tiaras events... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

i would like to see some alterative wearing of jewellery, we have seen this in the Swedish royal family with diamond necklaces in the hair and other glittering stuff.
I know that the Dutch royal house as stars Maxima has worn them on her dress maybe she can wear it in her hair.

kimebear these are the photos that i were thinking of its very different why to wear tiaras for us. i would love to see a brave royal try it out. Maybe mabel she usally have fun trying new things

Sister Morphine said:
I can see that picture.

For future reference, to upload something to Imageshack, save the picture to your hard drive, go to Imageshack, upload the picture and then you'll get a bunch of different links for displaying your picture. Just go to the last one and put that link between the img tags.

Thank you sweety!! I'll have to note this down....:flowers:

Queen Sonja wearing a pearl tiara and pink flowers in her hair during a galabanquet in Ireland .
The Queen uses to wear flowers in her hair quite often.

Abaca press

I also like the hairdo she used here (photoshoot from 1970)

Fotomarktplatz, Corbis

Last edited:
Her_Majesty said:
Queen Sonja wearing a pearl tiara and pink flowers in her hair during a galabanquet in Ireland .
The Queen uses to wear flowers in her hair quite often.
These hairstyles are wonderful. Like it or not, it's the up-do's that make all the difference. Hair hanging down just does not do a tiara justice in 99.9% of cases.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that's what you call 'timeless beauty. She most certanily is growing older gracefully and that's what its all about.;)

iseestudio said:
This one is my favorite hair style with tiara of Princess Alexandra of Denmark. Very classy yet still have some modern feeling. Although she has only one tiara as far as I know :rolleyes: , she always showed up in such a style!!!
Queen Silvia of Sweden has a great collection of tiaras. And her smile with those tiaras make her such an elegant queen.
And I agree with Thissal about Queen Elizabeth II's tiaras.
(photo from Dana)

Princess Lalla Maryem looked absolutely stunning in the royal Moroccan attire, flawless absolutely flawless.;)

Humble said:
Following are tiaras worn by Moroccan Princesses in their wedding.

1- lalla (lady) Meryem

This Lady always manages to dazzle without effort, top marks Maxima!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:lol:

royal_sophietje said:
Maxima at the wedding of Marthe-Louise

I love the way Queen Rania's hair is arranged, it provides ample support for her crown. I think that the corronation is the best I've seen yet of the Tiaras and Crowns that Rania has worn.

I love Queen Noor's elegant style. Timeless, regal and elegant.:ROFLMAO: :flowers:

Humera said:
Queen Noor's official portraits.
She seems to prefer variations of a simple up-do.

I've taken out a couple of off-topic posts.
Could we please leave entertainment celebrities etc out of the Royal Jewels Forum.

thanks,
Warren
Royal Jewels moderator

Back
Top Bottom