Luxembourg RF jewels: Suggested changes and additions

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

muriel

Imperial Majesty
City
London / Guildford
Country
United Kingdom
A place to discuss suggested changes and additions to the jewellery collection of the LRF.

Stephanie wore the Chaumet emerald and diamond tiara at the state banquet for the visiting President and First Lady of the Czech republic last week.

I think the shape of that tiara is challenging, at best, and few wearers have been able to wear it well.

It would be great if the tiara could be rebuilt, perhaps drawing inspiration from the Greville emerald kooshnik.

It would also be good to see if the remade tiara allowed for the central emerald to be interchangeable. A suitable alternative stone might be the large sapphire that is currently set in an awkward Art-Deco style necklace / tiara.

Thoughts and reactions welcome!

Stephanie wore the Chaumet emerald and diamond tiara at the state banquet for the visiting President and First Lady of the Czech republic last week.

I think the shape of that tiara is challenging, at best, and few wearers have been able to wear it well.

It would be great if the tiara could be rebuilt, perhaps drawing inspiration from the Greville emerald kooshnik.

It would also be good to see if the remade tiara allowed for the central emerald to be interchangeable. A suitable alternative stone might be the large sapphire that is currently set in an awkward Art-Deco style necklace / tiara.

Actually this seems more a recent Issue. On both Grand Duchess Charlotte and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte the tiara looked good. I think it needs placed a bit backwards and with a softer hairstyle. If Stephanie had placed it more back it would have looked better

Last edited:
The tiara needs a bouffant or at least some volume behind it. Wearing it the way Stephanie did is just woefully unattractive. Hair slicked back in a severe updo just makes the tiara look like it's been Photoshopped on her head. It looks like a little girl playing dress-up with a tiara she bought at the Halloween store. I'd suggest wearing it in the original bandeau style, but that's not in fashion anymore, and Stephanie couldn't carry that look off, even if it was.

Perhaps a restructuring of the tiara is in order.

I'd say that Alexandra did a good job wearing this tiara - it is indeed a challenging one.

Looking at the tiara's dense design, I don't think that it is possible to tweak it's peaked outline into something more appealing to the modern eye. The only chance would be to destroy it and built a completely new jewel. And personally, I really wouldn't want that for century old heirloom jewel. Placing the tiara at an angle in a fuller up-do would be my best advice for this tiara.

That tiara, and many of the other strange bandau-creations in the Luxembourg collection needs Queen Silvias hairdresser. He would make the most of them and they would look as good as they ever has Im sure. Whoever "styles" Stephanies tiara-hair is mostly clueless about placing tiaras, it is an art not mastered by so many hairdressers, and cetainly not by whoever "helps" her.

The tiara looked good on Josephine Charlotte who put some hair behind it and wore it at an angle.

That tiara, and many of the other strange bandau-creations in the Luxembourg collection needs Queen Silvias hairdresser. He would make the most of them and they would look as good as they ever has Im sure. Whoever "styles" Stephanies tiara-hair is mostly clueless about placing tiaras, it is an art not mastered by so many hairdressers, and cetainly not by whoever "helps" her.

The tiara looked good on Josephine Charlotte who put some hair behind it and wore it at an angle.
I think this tiara will be challenging with many contemperory hairstyles.

It is a very tricky tiara to wear, MT has had probably just as many "misses" with it as "hits". TBH I think Stephanie just needed to wear it slightly further back (or with a bit more fringe showing), the contrast between skin and tiara is a bit much, a bit of hair would have softened it.

It is a very tricky tiara to wear, MT has had probably just as many "misses" with it as "hits". TBH I think Stephanie just needed to wear it slightly further back (or with a bit more fringe showing), the contrast between skin and tiara is a bit much, a bit of hair would have softened it.
I've always had a soft spot for this tiara, I think because it's packed with diamonds and has that gorgeous emerald. I totally agree with you though that it looks dreadful when worn too far forward. It NEEDS to be worn futher back and with a full hairstyle behind it and then I think it would be stunning.

I thought the tiara could potentially be adapted to, from time to time, take a large aquamarine. That would give the LRF a good sized Aquamarine tiara.

Actually this seems more a recent Issue. On both Grand Duchess Charlotte and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte the tiara looked good. I think it needs placed a bit backwards and with a softer hairstyle. If Stephanie had placed it more back it would have looked better
My thoughts exactly!

Back
Top Bottom