Princess Beatrice and Eugenie jewels

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Exactly - I think its more a case of only by fate have the oldest / only royal princess for the last three generations worn it. Which a nice thing to be aware of and nice historical note but I don't think HM purposefully engineered it to be like that.

It is even possible that Beatrice asked her granny if she could use it, to go with grannys dress.
I can imagine that Beatrice, along with thousands of other brides around the world, were face with either total disaster, where everything was organised and payed for, dresses rented or couture designs made, food, prepared, cakes baked, and everyone in lockdown.

But, as time went by, accommodations had to be made. Weddings were rescheduled, some just plain cancelled, some permanently. Beatrice and Edo were among those who compromised.

Cancelling a wedding is a major disaster and Bea and Edo were no different than thousands of others that had to bite the bullet. But as I looked at the fantastic but measly photos of them after their wedding I was, to be honest, stunned. Beatrice looked amazing and I recognised the dress immediately as it was one of my favourites and I was amazed that it had been so easily changed into a "Church Wedding" gown from a glittering gala gown.

Having had ages to think about it, I cannot but believe that in the middle of sad resignation at Royal Lodge, HM, wandering around and filling in the time at Winsor, didn't spy that dress on display and wonder "what if" and having done that, remembered how wonderful her own wedding day had been and thought that maybe, just maybe, with the right bling, something like the Fringe perhaps,would make a gorgeous wedding ensemble.

I do not believe that anyone would have approached HM on this possibility, the couture gown was a historical display and HM has never been known to offer her personal, sentimental jewels and hadn't been seen in Bea's lifetime. But Princess Beatrice walked down the aisle wearing what, for all intents and purposes, was an historical impossibility that could only have been imagined and executed by this, very special romantic granny.

Back
Top Bottom