Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 5: 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with previous posers, I dont think D.Catherine will have access to another Tiara until she is Princess of Wales. In the case we are wrong i really would like to see the Sapphire Tiara/Bandeau with Dianas Sapphire Chocker (i know this would be a miracle:whistling:;)) So i guess its the Lovers Knot maybe with the Diamond Collet. The Lotus deserves another Outing imo.

Both Camilla and Catherine have worn a total of 3 tiaras on Royal occassions since their marriages. As Camilla is one step higher in rank than Catherine i doubt Catherine will wear a 4:th tiara before Camilla has done it.

I would love to see Catherine wear Lover's Knot to Diplomatic receptions and incoming State visits from other monarchies, while taking the Lotus Tiara or Halo to incoming state visits from other republics.

When William and Catherine becomes Duke and Duchess of Cornwall (and in time for Charles coronation likely also Prince and Princess of Wales) i think King Charles will give Catherine and Meghan access to more jewellery than what they have today. QEII is frugal by nature and not a big fan of wearing a lot of jewellery (except brooches) but her eldest son loves to see the ladies of his house shining in the jewels :)

Last edited:
I just have read there will be a state visit from USA to Japan on May 25-28. I dont know alot about state banquets hosted in Japan-for republics- In the case its a Tiara events and Masako is able to attend i wounder which Tiara might she wear? Her old Tiara, the Tiara she wore for coronation or the Chrysanthemum Tiara(i dont think so it was reserved for special events in the past) could she wear the honeysuckle Tiara of E.Michiko?

State visits from republics used to be white tie in Japan. Nowadays, it's black tie.

However, Japan sometimes make exceptions for US and UK so the upcoming state visit from US could be white tie or black tie+tiaras. Prime Minister Abe wants to impress President Trump so I wouldn't be surprised if he pushes the IHA for white tie.

Example: White Tie for President Ronald Reagan's state visit to Japan in 1983. Then-Crown Princess Michiko wore the sunburst tiara.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/...o-during-a-news-photo/515546296?adppopup=true

Black Tie (with tiaras) for the Prince and Princess of Wales' official visit in 1986. Not a state visit but a banquet was given anyway. The Princess of Wales wore a sapphire headband/bandeau instead of a tiara. Then-Crown Princess Michiko wore the sunburst tiara.

https://www.gettyimages.com/detail/...rohito-are-news-photo/998337500?adppopup=true

Last edited:
No matter which rocks Empress Masako wears, I hope she's relaxed and happy during President Trump's state visit to Japan.

Would it not be amazing if, for the state visit of POTUS, the Duchess of Cambridge wore the turquoise and diamond parure belonging to the Queen Mother and later Princess Margaret? Highly unlikely, but it would indeed be lovely to see that happen.

Would it not be amazing if, for the state visit of POTUS, the Duchess of Cambridge wore the turquoise and diamond parure belonging to the Queen Mother and later Princess Margaret? Highly unlikely, but it would indeed be lovely to see that happen.

Or on Camilla. Think it would suiet her perfect.

Everyone seems to want Kate and Camilla to wear different tiaras!
But I think it will be the Lover's Knot and the Boucheron as usual.

Still, I can't help hoping to be surprised.

Yes it most certainly would but as it was owned by Princess Margaret, does the Queen have it in her vaults?

Yes it most certainly would but as it was owned by Princess Margaret, does the Queen have it in her vaults?

It was also thought the Payprus or Lotus flower tiara had been owned by Princess Margaret and then it suddenly popped up on the Head of the Duchess of Cambridge. So it is possible that the turqioses are now also with the Queen.

It was also thought the Payprus or Lotus flower tiara had been owned by Princess Margaret and then it suddenly popped up on the Head of the Duchess of Cambridge. So it is possible that the turqioses are now also with the Queen.

Oh I do hope so! Perhaps Princess Margaret returned the family jewels to the crown & just left the personal ones to her children.

Oh I do hope so! Perhaps Princess Margaret returned the family jewels to the crown & just left the personal ones to her children.
The QM gave the parure to Margaret for her 21st Birthday so, unless the palace purchased them back from David or Sarah, it is not with the Queen's jewels.

Both Camilla and Catherine have worn a total of 3 tiaras on Royal occassions since their marriages. As Camilla is one step higher in rank than Catherine i doubt Catherine will wear a 4:th tiara before Camilla has done it.

Camilla has worn 4: the Durbar-tiara once belonged to Q Mary, once she wore the Queen Mothers ruby tiara, very frequently she wears her Honeycomb tiara and last but not least her own private tiara.

When did Camilla wear the ruby tiara?

Camilla has worn 4: the Durbar-tiara once belonged to Q Mary, once she wore the Queen Mothers ruby tiara, very frequently she wears her Honeycomb tiara and last but not least her own private tiara.

When did Camilla wear the ruby tiara?

I do not believe Camilla has ever worn a ruby and diamond tiara publicly. Perhaps @wartenberg7 saw a Photoshop?

My final prediction for Queen Silvia for the Irish state visit is the Baden fringe tiara.

:previous: I agree about the Baden fringe. Queen Silvia has worn it quite a few time during the past few years, and it has the right size for this visit.

My guess for Queen Silvia in Dublin is the Connaught Tiara and the Bernadotte Emeralds for the State banquet. And I guess the Baden Fringe is a good guess for the return dinner.

My guess for swedish state visit to Ireland

9 Prong & Emerald necklace

I know its unlikley but i would like to see a suprise Tiara like the Cut Steel or 6 button.. ;)

I like surprise tiaras, too! But imo, both the cut steel and the six buttons tiara don't suit Queen Silvia very well. That's probably why she hardly ever wore these too. The six buttons tiara is best with hair like Christina's or Lilian's. On the cut steel is great with Victoria's hair and shape of face.

Emeralds are a sure bet, and the Bernadotte emerald necklace is absolutely stunning. Much better then Silivia's modern emerald necklaces. But as for the Connaught tiara, that one might be too much of a reminder of Ireland's former dependence on Britain. So I think, it's best to be avoided.

The Nine Prong might have a good chanse for the state banquet. Apparently she wore it for the last State Visit to Ireland in the 90's, and the has used it for other outgoing state visits to republics, e.g. Italy.

You might be right about the nine prongs, but unlike the fringe, the prongs tiara has been over-used. So I still hope to see the Baden fringe tonight, even though the nine prongs is one of the Queen's favourites.

I am hoping to see the Edward VII (or Connaught) ruby tiara tonight, but I am pretty sure I will be disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom