Tiara and Jewels guessing for upcoming events 5: 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are some of my guesses:

South Korean state visit to Norway:

Sonja: Maud's pearl tiara
Mette Marit: wedding tiara
Astrid: Vasa tiara

South Korean state visit to Sweden:

Silvia: sapphire tiara
Victoria: Baden fringe tiara
Madeleine: Aquamarine kokoshink tiara
Sofia: wedding tiara

State Visit from South Korea to Norway:

Queen Sonja: Pearl tiara, small setting
CP Mette-Marit: Daisy tiara, my wish Vifte tiara
Princess Astrid: one of her aigrettes, my wish Vasa tiara

My guesses for Luxembourg national day gala:

Maria Teresa: scroll tiara
Stephanie: turquoise tiara
Claire: Adalaide sapphire tiara
Alexandra: choker tiara

State Visit from South Korea to Sweden:

Queen Silvia: Connaught tiara and the pink set
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...QRpdm7fqHvMWetOEoCVDixmonul4z3CiLkQSQo_2cHTSc
Victoria: Baden fringe and processional necklace
https://as1.ftcdn.net/jpg/01/47/88/98/500_F_147889870_L5PYIRLeNglXsfVfFE3GS4GRw23BBvAM.jpg
Sofia: wedding tiara with emeralds and new-to-her emerald necklace
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/61/5f/94/615f947fac72a68b4c69769e40ee3e5c.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ad/a6/1d/ada61d1058d0e005976d0d1af6337eac.jpg
Madeleine: wedding tiara

Last edited:
Luxembourg national day gala:

Maria Teresa: Belgian Scroll
Stephanie: Emerald Art Deco
Claire: Chaumet Choker
Alexandra: Adelaide

Maria Teresa: Belgian Scroll / Chaumet Emerald
Stephanie: Vine Leaves / Belgian Scroll
claire: Chaumet Choker without pearl
Alexandra: Marie Adelaide / Citrine & Pearl

Luxembourg National Day:

Maria Teresa: Marie-Adélaïde's Tiara
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Grand Duchess Marie-Adélaïde's Tiara
Stephanie: the whole aquamarine parure, I don’t think she’s worn the tiara
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Luxembourg's Aquamarine Bandeau Tiara
Claire: small floral tiara
The Daily Diadem: The Small Nassau Floral Tiara | The Court Jeweller
Alexandra: Turquoise Tiara
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Luxembourg Turquoise Tiara

I’m feeling blue and diamonds this year:D

:previous: I like that you put first-time tiaras on all three of the younger ladies. That would be really nice to see. Alas, I don't think it will happen. Last year, both Stéphanie and Claire donned a new tiara, so I think that this year it should be Claire's turn. The small floral tiara would be nice on her, but I can also picture her with the aquamarine bandeau or the citrine bandeau.

We never saw MT huge tiara again. is it still in the GD family ?

:previous: you means the empire tiara? If so IMO it's definitely still in the family. It must be very heavy and MT probably saves it for important and special occasions only.

There where reports a bout a belgian State Visit to luxembourg in autumn this years. i think this is a likley occasion for the Grand Duchess to bring out the empire tiara. So far she has only worn it abroad 3 times and for a official pic but not for Events in Luxembourg.

There will be a US state visit to Denmark in September. Here are my guesses:

Margrethe: pearl tiara
Mary: wedding tiara
Marie: wedding tiara

There will be a US state visit to Denmark in September. Here are my guesses:

Margrethe: pearl tiara
Mary: wedding tiara
Marie: wedding tiara

I agree with your suggestions for HM and the Crown Princess. If Marie is present, she might wear her new diamond and sapphire tiara.

I think the Crown Princess will wear Queen Ingrid’s rubies for the US state visit. Princess Marie will wear her new Nuits tiara, which is actually a permanent loan and not really hers.

Queen Margrethe will probably wear the Pearl Poire tiara although I would like to see the Danish Emerald Parure just for a change.

I think the Crown Princess will wear Queen Ingrid’s rubies for the US state visit. Princess Marie will wear her new Nuits tiara, which is actually a permanent loan and not really hers.

Queen Margrethe will probably wear the Pearl Poire tiara although I would like to see the Danish Emerald Parure just for a change.

Mary tends not to wear the rubies for a state visit, though that does not mean that she cannot in this case. Perhaps she chooses to honour her guests and wears a blue gown with the ruby parure.

I, too, would love to see the Danish emeralds out again, it has been a while.

Mary tends not to wear the rubies for a state visit, though that does not mean that she cannot in this case. Perhaps she chooses to honour her guests and wears a blue gown with the ruby parure.

I, too, would love to see the Danish emeralds out again, it has been a while.

She wore the rubies for the Belgian state visit. I suppose she would do it too for US state visit when hosts normally try to look their best.

King Albert II first State Visit was to his Sister Grand Duchess Joséphine Charlotte.
She wore her huge tiara and Queen Paola wore for the first time the Nine province tiara. I was glittering !

The visits of Clinton, Bush and Obama to Denmark were in business suit and tie. In none of the three visits jewels were worn. We will see what happens with Trump.

If there is a full-blown gala banquet, I expect the usual suspects: the Orange-Nassau pearls for Margrethe, the Bernadotte rubies for Mary and the new Mauboussin diamonds for Marie.

Last edited:
The Mauboussin tiara was a loan to Princess Marie of the State Visit if President Macron and a great "pub" for the House.

My guesses on tiara's likely to be worn in Japan for the enthronement celebrations in October. Not all of the following attendees are confirmed, but I think it is highly likely that they will attend:

> Maxima: Small version of House diamonds (Stuart) tiara / Sapphire tiara / large W pearl tiara

> Letizia: One of the larger diamond and pearl tiaras that have made their debut in the last few years

> Mathilde: Nine Provinces

> Victoria: Baden Fringe

> Mary: Ruby parure

I wonder if Charlene of Monaco might attend and we might have her very 1st tiara event?

I wonder if Charlene of Monaco might attend and we might have her very 1st tiara event?

I honestly can't see either happening (because i think she and P.Albert have agreed that she skips royal events as much as she can), but if it happens i'll promise to post an "i was wrong" post in the P.Charlene current events thread :flowers:

That said, i would love love love to see her Diamond Foam tiara again on her, it's one of my alltime favorites (especially fitting with short hair)

Perhaps we might see the Princess of Hanover in place of her sister in law wearing the beautiful pearl and diamond drop tiara.

Who will attend from Great britain ,Norway, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein ?

The Prince of Wales has so far confirmed his attendance not sure about the rest .

It's nostalgic that 28 years ago, on the same occasion, the Prince of Wales together with Diana, Princess of Wales attended Emperor Akihito's enthronement ceremony.

I honestly can't see either happening (because i think she and P.Albert have agreed that she skips royal events as much as she can), but if it happens i'll promise to post an "i was wrong" post in the P.Charlene current events thread :flowers:

That said, i would love love love to see her Diamond Foam tiara again on her, it's one of my alltime favorites (especially fitting with short hair)

It's such a pity but I agree with you. She dosn't seem to want to attend royal events and I don't see that changing. Would be great if she went though.

It would be great if Charlene made it, but based on previous form, it appears highly unlikely.

Who will attend from Great britain ,Norway, Luxembourg, Liechtenstein ?

I think if MM is well enough, she will join Hakan in Japan. From Lux, I suspect it will be Guillame and Stephanie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom