Tiara and Jewels guessing for King Charles Coronation

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Or the ruby tiara which is a gift from Edward VII. Worn as tiara if there's white tie occasion or as necklace if there's black tie banquet (would be nice if Victoria brings out a splendid necklace like this).

Last edited:
Will Queen Camilla wear The Centenary Rose Brooch?

Will Queen Camilla wear The Centenary Rose Brooch?

That was a gift from Queen Elizabeth to mark her mothers 100th birthday ,and somehow I doubt it as its far too personal!

I wouldn't be surprised if that Centenary Rose brooch ended up being given to Anne at some stage. Perhaps as a Coronation present, or for a landmark birthday.

I am hoping for the Cockade to make an appearance, or perhaps, the Queen Adelaide brooch.
I'm also hoping for the cockade as it was worn by the last 3 queen Consorts at their coronations. And i wish that she wears the full cockade in the style Queen Mary wore it at her coronation ((v-shaped).

I'm also hoping for the cockade as it was worn by the last 3 queen Consorts at their coronations. And i wish that she wears the full cockade in the style Queen Mary wore it at her coronation ((v-shaped).

The full cockade would be lovely, but it would be great to see how it might be styled for current fashions and sensibilities.

Last edited:
Or the ruby tiara which is a gift from Edward VII. Worn as tiara if there's white tie occasion or as necklace if there's black tie banquet (would be nice if Victoria brings out a splendid necklace like this).

As much as i would love to see Victoria wear the Edward VII Ruby Tiara as the grand necklace it is, i don’t think she will… As a tiara, maybe, but i think there is a bigger chance that we will see the Connaught Tiara or the Baden Fringe Tiara, if a tiara will be needed to any of the events

I wouldn't be surprised if that Centenary Rose brooch ended up being given to Anne at some stage. Perhaps as a Coronation present, or for a landmark birthday.

Exactly as its so personal and the Princess Royal or Lady Sarah being her only 2 granddaughters.

Will Queen Mathilde of Belgium wear The Nine Provinces Tiara?

If there is a tiara event, I would expect mathilde to wear the Nine Provinces in its full form.

Exactly. The question shall not be "will XX wear XX?", but simply "will there be any tiara event?".

I did want to do a tiara prediction after the attendees from reigning houses are all confirmed, but now I find it difficult, as I don't want to keep my hope too high and end up have disappointment.

But probably can't resist thinking what tiaras the ladies will wear at the end though :D

Exactly. The question shall not be "will XX wear XX?", but simply "will there be any tiara event?".

I did want to do a tiara prediction after the attendees from reigning houses are all confirmed, but now I find it difficult, as I don't want to keep my hope too high and end up have disappointment.

But probably can't resist thinking what tiaras the ladies will wear at the end though :D

My guess (hope!) is the evening reception at BP on 5 May is white tie with tiaras.

On the 6th for the Coronation, royal guests will wear long dresses with hats (like the dress code for Amsterdam 2013 and Toyo 2019), barring the Princess of Wales, who may well be in a tiara.

My guess (hope!) is the evening reception at BP on 5 May is white tie with tiaras.

On the 6th for the Coronation, royal guests will wear long dresses with hats (like the dress code for Amsterdam 2013 and Toyo 2019), barring the Princess of Wales, who may well be in a tiara.

Wouldn’t it be weird if only the Princess of Wales wears a tiara? What the sense of it? I really can’t understand why people expect her to wear a tiara when everyone else has a fascinator. I would look so odd on photograph and I see no sense to have so.

Wouldn’t it be weird if only the Princess of Wales wears a tiara? What the sense of it? I really can’t understand why people expect her to wear a tiara when everyone else has a fascinator. I would look so odd on photograph and I see no sense to have so.

It will also look odd in pics when the King and Queen are the only one wearing crowns and robes etc and all other guests are wearing hats, suits etc.

It will also look odd in pics when the King and Queen are the only one wearing crowns and robes etc and all other guests are wearing hats, suits etc.

Exactly. I hope at Court someone thought about this as well. Having women wearing short day dresses and hats in the boldest colours and weirdest feathers, would be the death of pomp and pageantry. I hope the story of white long dresses with gloves is true, at this point.

That’s why i don’t think there will be a group photo like in 1937 and 1953 with regalia.

If there will be a group photo at all, i would expect it to be taken the day before during the reception, and that only the King and Queen does the photos with regalia on the coronation day

If the dresscode is what we fear it will be….

To make them stand out from the other female members of the congregation, I would like to see the working royal women in white, either a coat dress or a soft jacket and dress/skirt, and hat, whatever they like, but with SERIOUS jewellery (to make up for lack of a tiara), like Sophie's aquamarine tiara used as a necklace, or one of the QEii's diamond necklaces on Catherine. And also their RFO's – and wouldn't it be great if those two also had the KING's RFO as well. And those that have them, service medals too. That will look good with the men in their dress uniform with all the medal regalia.

The other female members of the royal family to wear softer pastel colours once again with the best jewellery they can muster. This is not an occasion for fuchsia or vibrant tangerine (I'm looking at you Zara and Eugenie, though you suit the colours, but not in this instance i don't think it would be appropriate). Men without uniforms to wear any medals they have.

This is just my opinion. The outfits need to be a step up from other Royal Occasions such as weddings or jubilee services. This is a Coronation, a once (or twice) in a lifetime event. It needs to stand out as different to normal everyday life.

And for the banquet, I'd like to see them in their finest WITH tiaras, even the junior members such as the Yorks and Lady Louise (who is, as we all know, really a Princess).

This is all TOTALLY just my own opinion, and some of my ideas may not even be correct attire, but I really just want to be blown away. I want the UK to make this a stand-out event.

It will be the first coronation I will witness in person (so to speak), being unborn for the first one. I may just be able to squeeze in William's before i pop my clogs, but who knows what will happen in the future. For this one my sister and I will be glued to the TV set, with nibbles (though not the coronation quiche, doesn't appeal to me) and drinks.

And while I'm in Fantasyland, I'd like the music in the Abbey to include the orchestral instrumental version of Greensleeves.:whistling:

If there will be a group photo at all, i would expect it to be taken the day before during the reception, and that only the King and Queen does the photos with regalia on the coronation day

I also want lots of formal group photos and plenty taken informally at the banquet too. None of this snapshots-in-a-car-as-it-drives-to-the-event business.

And a well-produced, well-designed hard cover book of the whole proceedings.

I don't want much, do I? ?

If there is a tiara event, I would expect Mette-Marit to wear the Emerald Parure

If there is a tiara event, I would expect Mette-Marit to wear the Emerald Parure

I believe the emerald parure is reserved for Queens.
As it is a British event, I expect Princess Mette-Marit to wear Queen Maud's diamond-and-pearls diadem. Maud was a British Princess, daughter of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra, of Danish descent.

Last edited:
I believe the emerald parure is reseved for Queens.
As it is a British event, I expect Princess Mette-Marit to wear Queen Maud's diamond-and-pearls diadem. Maud was a British Princess, daughter of King Edward VII and Queen Alexandra, of Danish descent.

But wearing the Norwegian Emerald Parure had been a tradition. But wearing the Queen Maud's tiaras would be cool too.

It was worn and owned by Crown Princess Märtha who never became Queen. And Queen Sonja started to wear it soon after her marriage, long before she became Queen.

Many of the last wearers of the emrald parue has not been queens, though they have had a first lady kind of role: Crown Princess Märtha, Princess Astrid, Crown Princess Margaretha, Princess Ingeborg and Crown Princess Sonja.

Is there a tiara event and she wants to go for a british tiara I think Queen Mauds impressive diamond tiara that is returned from Princess Ragnhild, and not worn for 30 years, is a better choice. The diamond and pearl tiara is just a copy afterall.

But considering its looking lika a day-dress event, combined with Mette-Marits seemingly litle interest in grand jewels, I would at most hope for a historic brooch with british history:

The drapers company brooch:
https://www.thecourtjeweller.com/2018/02/the-drapers-company-brooch.html

A brooch from the Malthese tiara:
https://www.gettyimages.no/detail/n...a5WHpg&referrer=https://royalwatcherblog.com/

Queen Mauds aquamarine brooch
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2019/11/26/queen-mauds-aquamarine-brooch/

Queen Alexandras diamond and pearl brooch:
https://royalwatcherblog.com/2018/11/20/queen-alexandras-diamond-and-pearl-brooch/
This very historic and old brooch must contain one of the biggest diamonds in the Norwegian collection, but it is very rarely worn theese days. Queen Sonja has her favourits and seems to think her time to experiment with the historic jewels has come and gone.

A way to continue the tradition with the emeralds would be to wear the earrings and brooch from the emerald parue with a day outfit if that is what the dress code calls for.

Last edited:
I also want lots of formal group photos and plenty taken informally at the banquet too. None of this snapshots-in-a-car-as-it-drives-to-the-event business.

And a well-produced, well-designed hard cover book of the whole proceedings.

I don't want much, do I? ?

The publishing of a formal portrait with other monarchs would be nice, but unliklely, IMO. The event on 5 May will have many other heads of states as well, so if a picture is shared, it will include all heads of state.

I just saw the photo of Mette-Marit from the recent celebration of bunad and I think it would be a nice idea if she wears bunads to the reception IF it's a black tie event.

I just saw the photo of Mette-Marit from the recent celebration of bunad and I think it would be a nice idea if she wears bunads to the reception IF it's a black tie event.
Bunads can also be worn at white tie events. She could even wear one in the Abbey to the coronation itself. In both Norway and Sweden it's not unusual to see guests wear bunad/folkdräkt to royal banquets, opening of parliament, to church celebrations etc...

Bunads can also be worn at white tie events. She could even wear one in the Abbey to the coronation itself. In both Norway and Sweden it's not unusual to see guests wear bunad/folkdräkt to royal banquets, opening of parliament, to church celebrations etc...

I knew that, I specifically mentioned black tie because if it's a white tie, as much as I love seeing bunad, I still want to see a tiara:D. (Well as long as she doesn't wear another frumpy ruffle gown...:ninja:) Honestly I would be equally happy to see her showcase different bunads in the coronation and related event.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom