The Royal Foundation of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning spoke via video link to NHS staff and volunteers from England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland involved in administering the Covid-19 vaccine.

- Court Circular || 14 January 2021

Video of the couple chatting with the staff and volunteers.

Wonderful video from the Duke and Duchess and we also got a peek into Anmer Hall.

This was incredible. I love William being able to draw from his own experiences as a frontline worker, he is able to relate because he has been there personally and has seen friends and coworkers go through it too.

I agree especially since he's been in the same situation as those on the frontline of public safety and healthcare.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon held an Early Years Meeting via video link.

- Court Circular || 20 January 2021

Finally someone added that necessary and descriptive phrase.

Her Royal Highness, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon spoke via video link to parents of children who attend Roe Green Junior School, Kingsbury, London NW9.

Court Circular || 26 January 2021

Last edited by a moderator:
The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon held an Early Years Meeting via video link.

- Court Circular || 27 January 2021

This is what makes me appreciate Catherine. She keeps on keeping busy doing things she needs to do, raises her family and always seems to have a very pleasant smile on her face when doing it. She's getting very adept at handling her own roster of duties and engagements yet she never seems to overshadow William. The two of them are making an excellent team and in doing that, teaching their children the value of working together. ?

The video meeting with the parents from Roe Green school was shared today. Parents (including Catherine) discussing the challenges of homeschooling.

Ehhh..I'll just say that it's always tricky for royals when they are trying to come off as relatable.

Ehhh..I'll just say that it's always tricky for royals when they are trying to come off as relatable.

You said that very nicely. Kate is lucky she has extra help to care for her children and help her with house and other duties. Yet I am sure she tries to be involved in everything they do and continue to work for the firm. It’s been a hard time for so many parents. I am sure they like knowing that Kate is thinking of all that needs to be done.

Fair point. A few observations:

> W&C may have help around the house and the children, but they appear to be very hands-on with their children, and appear to be doing quite a lot with them. They do seem to be very involved in the home-schooling as well as outdoor activities.

> W&C also appear to be quite professionally involved at the moment, with their royal and charitable roles. A lot of it may not be in the public domain, but I do get the sense that they have actualy quite busy "at work" in the last year or so.

> Nannies or not, in my experience, when your children want you, they only want you!

Duchess of Cambridge about the Children's Mental Health Week:

"Tomorrow is the start of Children's Mental Health Week - an opportunity to remind ourselves not just how important our own children's mental health is but also parental wellbeing too.

We look forward to sharing more about the year's theme of expressing yourself this week."

Last edited:
CC 2nd February, 2021 The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, later held an Early Years Meeting via video link.

The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning held a Meeting with Mr Jason Knauf (Chief Executive).

- Court Circular || 8 February 2021

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon spoke via video link to parents who have been supported by Little Village.

Her Royal Highness, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, afterwards held an Early Years Meeting via video link.

The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, subsequently held a Meeting with Mr Jason Knauf (Chief Executive).

- Court Circular || 9 February 2021

- Court Circular || 25 February 2021

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patrons, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon spoke via video link to a family who have been supported by Shout text support service.

The Duchess of Cambridge this afternoon held a Meeting with Ms Jasmine Harrison (Atlantic Solo Rower) via video link.

Her Royal Highness, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, afterwards held an Early Years Meeting via video link.

- Court Circular || 2 March 2021

CC Friday: The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning held an Early Years Meeting via video link.

Cc Wednesday: The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon held an Early Years Meeting.

CC Wednesday: The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning held an Early Years Meeting.

Court circular Kensington Palace 22nd April, 2021 The Duchess of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning held an Early Years Meeting.

Court circular

Kensington Palace
29th April, 2021
The Duke of Cambridge, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this morning held a Meeting for the Earthshot Prize via video link.

His Royal Highness, Joint Patron, the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, this afternoon held a Meeting with Ambassador Caroline Kennedy (Honorary President of the John F Kennedy Library Foundation) via video link.

Last edited:
Here's a video of todays visit to Wolverhampton to mark Mental Health Awareness Week

The Duke of Cambridge as Joint Patron of the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge had a virtual meeting for the Earthshot Prize yesterday:

Telegraph article on Kate's Early Years work:

Exclusive: the ‘profoundly powerful’ moments that shaped Duchess of Cambridge’s children’s charity work:

It all started with secret visits the public never got to see. Newly married, and with the world’s press chronicling her every move – down to the details of her designer dresses – the Duchess of Cambridge resolved to go "below radar".

Acting as Prince William’s "plus one", rather than a fully fledged solo royal in those early days, the newest addition to the Royal family knew that she wanted to find a cause she could champion as impactfully as Diana, the Princess of Wales’s landmine campaign; it was simply a question of where to find it.

Having already announced her first patronage of Action on Addiction, a charity working with people with drug and alcohol problems, Hope House, a women-only rehabilitation centre in Clapham, south London, seemed as good a place as any to start.

It was October 2011 when the then 29-year-old Duchess paid the first of several, incognito visits in a bid to find out what had sent its clients on a downward spiral of self-destruction.

And on the big announcement next week:

he will launch a new initiative through the couple’s Royal Foundation to further explore the science around early childhood, raise awareness of the issue and foster collaboration and partnerships across relevant groups.

According to Lord Hague, who became chairman of the Royal Foundation last September, the "ambitious" new project will be equal in stature to William’s £50 million Earthshot Prize, launched last year with Sir David Attenborough to find workable solutions to climate change and environmental problems.

"The Duchess truly believes this is one of the great issues of our time," said the former Tory leader. "This is the central plank of her work in the way conservation issues are for the Duke. It’s a hugely significant moment."

https://archive.ph/GmbKe

I'm thinking we have a dynamic duo here championing for the children of our future. I had known that Jill and Catherine were to meet and knowing the FLOTUS' background in education and Catherine's passion for kids, I thought that these two would get along like a house on fire. I was right. Excellent article! Thanks for posting it, Heavs. :cheers:

I'll also remark that I'm so very happy to have a FLOTUS that gets involved the way Catherine does.

I'm thinking we have a dynamic duo here championing for the children of our future. I had known that Jill and Catherine were to meet and knowing the FLOTUS' background in education and Catherine's passion for kids, I thought that these two would get along like a house on fire. I was right. Excellent article! Thanks for posting it, Heavs. :cheers:

I'll also remark that I'm so very happy to have a FLOTUS that gets involved the way Catherine does.

Why Catherine hasn't continued her education in child psychology ? Having passion about something is nice but with more knowledge and depth Catherine would sound more assured.

Why Catherine hasn't continued her education in child psychology ? Having passion about something is nice but with more knowledge and depth Catherine would sound more assured.

She may well choose to study child psychology in the future. But in making that choice, she will need to balance her obligations as one of the leading ladies of the BRF and a mother to three young children.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom