The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 6: November - December 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with a majority of the group...its like some of the kids were edited (cut and pasted). I prefer the individual pics...love Elena and family. How natural :)

If you see the HQ of the Kings' card, you'll see that Victoria doesn't have her arms and that you can still see fragments of Cristina's hand in front of Irene's dress.

If they didn't have the time to take a special photo, they could do something like this:

Much more beautiful and honest in my opinion.

Agreed Anna, Im disappointed they have a quality of a christmas card which is not much better than a german magazine, all that is missing was that they would have changed the color of the clothes:( I accually liked last years cut and paste better, it was suly more honest than this thing, are the flowers pasted in to give some christmas spirit as well I wonder:rolleyes:

Also I dont think the picture of Felipe and Letizia is that great, the ones released the day they left the hospital where surly nicer.

well, I believe the best christmas card this year is the one of Cristina's family, they look so cute and relaxed together, in the middle of a park like any other family; the Elena's card is a little bit over the top and I think it was done to clear the rumors about her divorce from Jaime...

and for the kings card :confused: , my 4 year old nephew does better work with Barney on Paint:eek: than this picture it looks so fake, last year's was far better and I think they are overdoing the whole "grandchildren" theme, if you can't do it right, just don't do it!!!

The card from Felipe & letizia is very plain, no emotion really

Anna_R said:
If you see the HQ of the Kings' card, you'll see that Victoria doesn't have her arms and that you can still see fragments of Cristina's hand in front of Irene's dress.

If they didn't have the time to take a special photo, they could do something like this:

Much more, IMHO too!!!!!!:) They should change it for yours. Love the pictures the Queen and King realeased on previous years posing with their grandchildren but the one released this year is really awful.

But the other three are gorgeous!!!! :) Love little Froilan signing as Felipe!:D :cool:

Anna_R said:

Next year Casa Royal should hire you Anna as their artistic card designer/director!

I prefer it the way you've done it -- to acknowledge that the family don't all live in the same city and have busy schedules so could not get together for a photo session but each of the families have their own family photos.

The way it has been done seems contrived and like a lie almost to make it appear as if the King and Queen got together with all of their grandchildren for this one image.

Even though last year's card was hideous, at least it wasn't attempting to pass off a photosession.

I just looked at the photos and I noticed that Irene is in the "same" position in the photo with the rest of the grandkids and the family photo...
I'm really dissapointed...it's a shame that they did something like that, for example, like the gozzip magazines...:confused:
besides that, I like Elena and Cristina's family photos, the way they are dressed, they look casual and I do like it.
Letizia's style is too formal, it looks like she wear the same clothes when she attends official acts, when she used to be a journalist, now for this family photo...I read in another thread about Letizia's boring clothes and I do agree with that.
Again, I do like the casual style of both Infantas and their families in the Xmas Cards photos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately the pic is fake ...so dissapointing

I like the individual family cards better. The one of Dukes of Palma is great, so do the Princes of Asturias. i like Dukes of Lugo's - it's definitely something u've never seen before, in the water..

i honestly thing they should have a family get together especially during the holiday and make a "realistic" and gorgeous photo shoot this time. i know it's not their habit... but i think with the new additions of the RF, a complete family pics is neccessary. don't you think?

purple_platinum said:
i know it's not their habit... but i think with the new additions of the RF, a complete family pics is neccessary. don't you think?

Actually, they had the habit of releasing a Christmas Greeting Card, posing live with their grandchildren. And those were great!!!!:) Last year's was a bit disappointed due to the lack of that picture, but compared with the one released this year, that collage was wonderful.

2003 Greeting Card:
www.casareal.es/casareal/images/xtma03g.jpg

2002 Greeting Card:
http://www.casareal.es/casareal/images/xtmag.jpg

saphills said:
Letizia's style is too formal, it looks like she wear the same clothes when she attends official acts, when she used to be a journalist, now for this family photo...I read in another thread about Letizia's boring clothes and I do agree with that.
Again, I do like the casual style of both Infantas and their families in the Xmas Cards photos.

This is just one of the pictures and an unreleased one taken at the day when she and Leonor left the hospital. There were hundreds of the journalists outside the hospital, she couldn't dress casually. Yes, it would have been nicer if they had another photo session. Maybe they didn't have time, or they didn't find it was necessary.

The photos of the Princes have to be more serious that for example them of the Infantas, because those of the Infantas are especially for friends, but the card of the Princes is also for many institutions, and official persons. Though they are more relaxed photos they cannot appear with so chance photos:p

The picture they have made is really very patetic. It is a shame they havent organized a photo session for doing in a regular way.

Ariel said:
The picture they have made is really very patetic. It is a shame they havent organized a photo session for doing in a regular way.

So yes, it is normal that the Kings want to have a card with all their grandsons but these montages are terrible. I imagine that to do a photo of set depends especially on the Infanta Cristina who is the one that lives out of Madrid.

I honestly think they can do better. it is 'that' hard for a family gathering, especially those who live in Madrid (the princes of asturias, dukes of lugo, and the kings). i would understand if it's difficult for the dukes of palma to travel to madrid with all their 4 children, but those who stay in madrid?! no really an excuse. especially when they all can gather for a banquet, like on the kings' 30th enthronement anniv.

come to think of this, how often do they meet? i read that the swedish rf usually have sunday dinner together, but that's because they live in same city.
what i meant, besided their presence in official events like state visits and so on, how often do they have family gathering?
and oh... isn't it already school holiday in spain?

The Kings and the Princes practically must meet every day, because only they live to 1 kilometre of distance, and the Princes come habitually to the office that they have in Zarzuela where there are all the services of the House of the King.
The Dukes of Lugo also live in Madrid so they will be seen habitually, to the Queen it likes to be very much with her grandsons.
The Dukes of Palm live in Barcelona and travel to Madrid for the official acts, if they have not taken the children in the last dates, since Leonor was born, I believe that it has been more for laziness than for another thing. Several times have been in madrid and there have been 3 holidays .... so it seems that it has been more laziness for mounting to 4 children in the plane that another thing.

i guess we have to wait for Leonor's christening to see all the family members then...

the fact is that the picture is already out there, not just on the website but in hundreds of christmas gift cards. I gave to my mother in law a frame with all the pictures of her grandchildren, that is ok when you do for family purposes. But when it is the King and the Queen who makes something like this, make you think, why they did something like this. Maybe they thought, it is just a photo, but after all the negative comments they will get after this, im sure it will be the last picture made like this.

well, it seems hello don't want to recoqnize the weirdness of the pics

here's the article : http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2005/12/23/spanishroyals/

YOUNGSTERS RULE IN SPANISH ROYALS XMAS CARD

As the photo they have chosen for this year's Christmas greeting shows, the king and queen of Spain are very much like millions of other proud grandparents in wanting to show off the youngest members of their family to friends and acquaintances.

It's not so glorious for a royal family to release a photoshopped card, but I believe this very year the Greek Royal Family has done exactly the same.

As for the individual card, well, the one I like the most is Cristina's family. But the card of the dukes of Lugo is stunning. Very. I'm not sure I like it, but it's so cute to see the kids have written their names on the card.

Cards, cards... I don't have to tell that this group photo with kids and the Kings is disappointing. I like this one with the Princes, Leonor and her mummy look beautiful and this smile on Felipe's face... The Urdangarins look awesome and so relaxed and happy. Elena's children are really nice and Victoria is such a cute girl. Great that they both put their childish signatures under the pic.

Alexandria said:
Next year Casa Royal should hire you Anna as their artistic card designer/director!

I would be more than happy with the job. At least I wouldn't take out Victoria's arms...:p

Danielane said:
It's not so glorious for a royal family to release a photoshopped card, but I believe this very year the Greek Royal Family has done exactly the same.

As for the individual card, well, the one I like the most is Cristina's family. But the card of the dukes of Lugo is stunning. Very. I'm not sure I like it, but it's so cute to see the kids have written their names on the card.

The greek royal did the same? ohh.. maybe it is a greek tradition to do this kind of picture. I'm just sure the spanish people will be a little dissapointed about it.

Ariel said:
The greek royal did the same? ohh.. maybe it is a greek tradition to do this kind of picture. I'm just sure the spanish people will be a little dissapointed about it.
I'm not sure it's a greek tradition, but it's probable both families used the same "photoshopper".

translation from elmundo article

The Real House recognizes that the congratulation navideña of the Kings is a photographic assembly

MADRID. - The Kings sent this Thursday their institutional congratulation for these celebrations. In her, the monarchs appear photographed next to their seven grandsons. What they do not clarify is that the instántanea is not real but a photographic assembly.

A spokesman of the Real House has excused east detail in which navideña only is a congratulation and that at no moment said that the image was real. This spokesman has clarified who as much the congratulations of the monarchs as those of Princes de Asturias and Dukes de Lugo and of Palm they are made particular for a reason or purpose and not of official form. Therefore, the Real House does not participate in its preparation and it is only in charge to publish them in the page official Web so that these have the Maxima diffusion.

Nevertheless, in the page Web one appears like "institutional congratulation". In the card, the monarchs appear seated in a sofa of red color. Reina takes in its arms to the small Leonor. In front of them and seated (in the same bank in that the children followed the wedding of Princes de Asturias), it is possible to be seen (of izqa. to dcha.) to Froilán and Victory Federica Marichalar and Miguel, Juan Valentin, Irene (in arms of its brother), and Pablo Nicholas Urdangarín. Nevertheless, the Kings never met with all their grandsons before the camera.

The image of Irene, the smaller daughter of the Dukes of Palm, agrees exactly with the photography that their parents have used east year also like congratulation. This it is not the only detail of the photography that calls the attention. The legs of the King and the arms of Federica Victory, smaller daughter of infant Elena and Jaime de Marichalar, do not appear in the image and Infant Leonor seems superposed in arms of Reina. Manarcas, in addition, is dressed the same form that in the session of images of presentation of the daughter of Princes de Asturias, the past month of November.

The photo, that was distributed by published EFE and in the official page of the Zarzuela, has been spread at all costs of communication. At no moment one noticed to them that the photography was a assembly. Photographer Chema Conesa, assistant director of Magazine, dominical supplement of the WORLD, indicate that the general impression of the snapshot is that it is a bottom in which, with a computer science program of image treatment, has been inserted all the personages. Specially note in outlined of Reina and the one of the its granddaughter Victoria Federica.

Last edited:
Is terrible...I didnt like this detail coming from the Royal House of Spain...is a joke

There is a very strong article against the photo on El Mundo.es:
The title is: unhappy greetings
http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/12/23/espana/1135346812.html

The sad thing is that some people will use this unhappy event to criticize the RF, which is not very good, specially when you could have avoid it, just taking a better shoot. Next time they will think about it twice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom