The Royal Family of Spain, Current Events Part 20: July 2008 - December 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Spanish Royal Family will receive two State Visits in the next months. In February the President of Argentina will travel to Spain and in March the President of Russia.

The State visit from argentina will be on February 9 if I´m not wrong

The Queen will preside the grant of the Honoris Causa to the Dukes of Soria

Her Majesty the Queen Dona Sofía will preside at the act of delivery of the Honoris Causa to the Dukes of Soria, Her Royal Highness Margarita de Borbón y Borbón and her husband, Carlos Zurita, who will receive the recognition next February 5 at the suggestion of the Faculty of Translation and Documentation of the University of Valladolid.

La Reina presidirá la concesión del Honoris Causa a los Duques de Soria - 20minutos.es

King Juan Carlos, along with Prince of Asturias, has offered a lunch to Vatican State secretary, Tarciso Bertone, at Viana Palace. The lunch was attended by Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, Spain's President, and Miguel Angel Moratinos, Spain's Minister for Foreing Affairs.

BelgaPicture - Category details

There seems to be a lot of affection between the Queen and the duques.

The Wreath will endorse the initiatives to face the economic crisis

The Wreath will orientate heir activities of 2009 to endorse the initiatives that solidaricen with most affected by the economic crisis and to support the measures to face it, have informed sources of the House of the King.

The Royal Family thinks that the current situation needs the contest from all to face to the difficult economic situation, specially of the families and of the small and medium companies, some of more affected that ' they need a special attention ' because they are the ' engine of the working places '.

In Zarzuela they are conscious that one of the most effective routes to confront the current conjuncture passes inevitably for the education and the formation, without forgetting that in the global current world an economic international system of safety is essential, for what they will be some of the topics that will be approached in the agendas of the members of the Royal Family.

And in this global context and of the need to go out on the outside to consolidate the markets which benefits reverberate in the country, many of the plans register of work of the Kings and the Princes abroad.

La Corona respaldará las iniciativas para enfrentar la crisis económica

Itr says that the all members of Royal Falimy pay taxes, like all of the Spanish people.

Yesterday night, the Royal Family was present at the party for 70th birthday of Infanta Margarita in Madrid.

Where are the kids? I thought the whole family would be there...I was hoping to see the little infantas..;)

Many happy returns to the Infanta Margarita, who despite her eye problem, has managed to get on with her life, get married and have two handsome children.
As to the little Infantas and the other children not being present, its understandable since it was a party for grown ups and knowing Spanish late hours, not at all suitable for little ones.

The magazine Tiempo has an article on the Royal Family and their work in this epoch of economic crisis. Next week will be able to read it complete.

The Zarzuela, against the crisis

The King asked to bring the shoulder closer in difficult times and now he preaches with the example together with the Prince. The Royal House has done of the crisis the priority: they have increased the trips on the outside to foment the investments and their agendas have a marked economic accent.

The winds of the recession have moved many foundations, between them those of the Zarzuela palace. An economic crisis without precedents, a widespread discouragement, a information of unemployment never seen in the recent history of Spain ... before that the Royal Family appeared what to do. It was six months ago when of the hand of the chief of the Royal House, the diplomat Alberto Aza, was started designing a strategy that is summarized in three words most commented of the speech of the King in Christmas: to bring the shoulder closer.

Tiempo

I have a question about the mass on Easter Sunday in Palma. I read that there is place for 18.000 people in the cathedrale of Palma. Does anybody know if it is possible to visit the same mass as the royal family?

18.000? Really?? THAT BIG? Woow

The King and Queen will preside at the delivery of the National Prizes of the Sport

Next Monday, the 30th, at 19:00, The King and Queen, the Prince and Princess of Asturias and the Infantas Doña Elena and Doña Cristina, accompanied by the minister of Education, Social Politics and Sport and the Secretary of State for the Sport, they will preside at the delivery of the National Prizes of Sport, awards that summons anually the Top Council of Sports to distinguish the sportsmen and sportswomen, associations and other entities that more have been outlined in the competition or in the promotion of the sport throughout the year.

This traditional annual act in which the Royal Family receives to the world of the sport will be celebrated in the Royal palace.

SS. MM. Los Reyes presidirán la entrega de los Premios Nacionales del Deporte (26/03/2009) — Portal del Consejo Superior de Deportes

Sorry, I have no informations, only want to say that I love the Spanish Royal Family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom