The Most Wonderful

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Martha Louise' pale tangerine gown looked fabulous and very classic. It's so unlike the usual M-L. And Mette-Marit's blue gown looked too tight in the second photo.

I agree. She should wear such classy and elegant dresses more often..
She looked so beautiful!
But it seems the Princess prefers to wear extravagant and colourful dresses (like her mum :lol: ).

:previous: From this collection of photos, my favorite evening gown is the paler pink ruffles - was this worn at Victoria's pre-wedding event?

:previous: Yes it was.She looked amazing! I also loved her hair style.

Thank you! Her hair was also beautiful. I think soft, feminine, romantic hairstyles (and clothing) really suit Mette-Marit.

Many nice outfits and one can clearly see how her style has evolved over the years. In the last two or so years she looks more and more stylish and sophisticated. One of my favorite is the appearance at Victoria's wedding - I loved the baby-blue shade on her and that hairstyle, together with the beautiful earrings and a rather soft make up, was perfection, IMO. :)

I think my absolute favourite evening outfit of Victoria is the black and white dress she wore at Queen Margrethe's 70th birthday celebrations.
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_KMZsVauhW...xeowMAw/s1600/VictoriaDanielMargretheGala.jpg
I know that many think it's boring or prison-like, but it fascinated me right from the first time I saw it. She has such an amazing slim figure in it. Also the hairstyle with the brooch is really lovely.

Beautiful pictures indeed, she looks fresh and beautiful. I like all the pictures and the dresses :D

I dont want to ignore Queen Noor

5 to 8) Now these two aren't very colourful but the white dress is absolutely angelic, and the black one with the silver pattern is simply stunning.

Queen Noor's formal wear.
I love the pink jacket with the bright print dress. Very cute.

Queen Noor seems to prefer wearing traditional caftans lately. I find them very feminine and the bright colours she wears are perfect for her blonde colourig. Drab colours can be very ageing, especially to a woman in her 50s. Im glad she stays away boring browns and greys etc.
The first one and the last two are my favourite.

Queen Noor is the most beautiful Queen EVER, she is so elegant and stunning. I like all her clothes and hair style. She is a REAL QUEEN :D :flowers: thank you for posting these pictures, my favorites are the white and the blue caftan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh 40 never looked so good, I too like the "Berry" colors she wears, not bad when you have a nice ruby tiara and jewels to accompany the outfit!?

Yes, she looked "berry" beautiful in her berry-toned gowns; sorry, couldn't help that! She's just a stunning woman.

And Victoria's pre-wedding gown was absolutely sublime; so sweepingly majestic.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Letizia's Greatest Hits

My favorite Letizia look is that red dress she wore to Frederik and Mary's wedding. That dress was just perfect! I also love the other red outfits. Those two black dresses are stunning and that black and white dress with lace is also stunning. The grey dress was wonderful! The simple dresses are very classic and elegant. I love every dress here minus the beige dress in the first set of photos. I will also add this fantastic red suit to the list. Also, this black dress, and this red gown.

Last edited:
:previous: My favorite is her red dress too! I love all her red outfits here. I also love the black and white lace dress.

Last edited:
Here are my all time favorite looks of Crown Princess Victoria:

Pic Pic2 Pic3 Pic4 Pic5 Pic6 Pic7 Pic8 Pic9 Pic10 Pic11 Pic12 Pic13 Pic14

Thanks for sharing... Couldn't agree more!!

Love her engagement outfit and her pre wedding gown!

She is so elegant -always!!

I agree. Maxima looked absolutely wonderful at King Carl Gustaf's 60th birthday celebrations. I must say I was impressed with Victoria's dress. The cut was simple but looked fabulous on her. I really liked the double straps. The shimmer at the top of her dress was also fabulous. It also helped that she was wearing the Baden Fringe Tiara. :) Is the dress two separate pieces? It kind of looks it with the cut near the middle but that could just be how the dress was designed.

(DPA) *originally posted by purple_platinum
Victoria: http://img22.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc163&image=92039_031301_4.jpg
http://img12.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc152&image=92028_029901_4.jpg
^I read somewhere in the birthday thread that Victoria's dress was ice-blue. To me, it looks white, does anybody know for sure what color her dress was?

BTW, I wouldn't mind if Victoria repeated this dress; she looks so great in it!

Maxima is one of my favorites as well. Like Victoria and Mathilde I feel she rarely misses a beat in the fashion department.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice collection of Silvia styles,she does have a good sense of fashion and choses colours that go well with her charismatic person.
In some old pictures I found her lipsticks too dark,but her style and makeup has evolved over the years and now she perfectly knows what photographs well and which fabrics &colours flatter her.
My favourite look is the one she wore for Estelle´s christening and I am looking forward to her glamourous appearance at Madeleine´s wedding.

Great photos, kathia_sophia!
I agree with your choices, they look great in each one of these outfits ;)

Our princesses are so beautiful and unique in their own ways, they have diferent taste, personality and physical appearance.
However, there are colors who suits them more, and so I took an example of the color that suits each of them more than others:

Princess Letizia in flawless RED

Crown Princess Mary in grogeous BLUE

Princess Maxima in glittering ORANGE

I'll post later about what color suits the other princesses...

Continuation...

Princess Mathilde in pretty PINK

Crown Princess Victoria in stunning PURPLE

Crown Princess Mette-Marit in classic BLACK&WHITE

Funny that none of the Princesses share a favourite color, because this are the colors I think it suits them best.

For other Royalty ladies, I think Charlene suits more neutrals and pastels and the Duchess of Cambridge suits more in strong/bright colors and prints...

Back
Top Bottom