The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 5: June-July 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Harry brings his very own journalist, the one thing they won’t be is neutral.

IMO- this just serves to further exacerbate everything.

I honestly don't think things can get much worse between the two sides at this point; that William's friend is openly speaking to Robert Lacey seems to be indicative of that. Having a self-selected journalist there may evoke a few eye rolls behind the scenes at KP but I can't see it making a huge difference.

I suppose neutrality is in the eyes of the beholder. Harry clearly doesn't feel he'll get a fair shake from the Royal Rota; I think there's some truth in that but I don't want to get too off-topic.

But then it could revert to the "good prince-bad prince" mantra that has been used for decades now. Which I find very unfortunate. Every move will indeed be scrutinized I hope all the Spencers are there. I would like to see them all honoring Diana and it would give the press something else to pay attention to.

its a simple ceremony to honour Diana. Its not about the boys or the Spencers, and if the 2 of them can't agree on some kind of speech that they can make, and give rival speeches, its better they dont do it.

I just don’t think it’s helpful. It’s supposedly a simple statue unveiling to honor your mother.

William is certainly going to be closely scrutinized too, the situation being what it is. So will Catherine for that matter.

We don’t know whether Kate will be there.

There’s a difference between being scrutinised by others and being scrutinised by others with a 100% critical eye.

Last edited:
its a simple ceremony to honour Diana. Its not about the boys or the Spencers, and if the 2 of them can't agree on some kind of speech that they can make, and give rival speeches, its better they dont do it.

I thought Earl Spencer was going to be one of the ones making a speech?

I honestly don't think things can get much worse between the two sides at this point; that William's friend is openly speaking to Robert Lacey seems to be indicative of that. Having a self-selected journalist there may evoke a few eye rolls behind the scenes at KP but I can't see it making a huge difference.

I suppose neutrality is in the eyes of the beholder. Harry clearly doesn't feel he'll get a fair shake from the Royal Rota; I think there's some truth in that but I don't want to get too off-topic.

I’d say it can’t get worse, but every time I think rock bottom has been hit….it sadly hasn’t.

Bringing your own journalist just seems like one more “thing” to me. And- to me at least- inherently not neutral.

I do have to lol at your depiction of potential eye rolls at KP for this. I can picture that scenario.

I think it will just remind people of his bringing a photographer to the military cemetery in hte US...

The cultural thing just doesn’t cut it for me. There are thousands of Americans working in various capacities in the UK and just as many British people doing the same in the US. The majority of them adapt without major problems. Meghan went from LA and Toronto to London - the workplace cultures in these three urban centres are very similar. You’d have more of a culture shock going from LA to many other places in the US than you would going from LA to London.

The workplace culture surrounding the BRF is likely somewhat unique, and would require getting used to by anyone who hadn’t grown up in that world. This would include the majority of citizens in the UK, as well as foreigners. But it wouldn’t be like landing on Mars - there are people, there are various offices, there are meetings, there’s paperwork, there’s a schedule, sometimes there’s travel.. the basic framework would be familiar to almost anyone who’s ever been employed.
But the guy who mentioned Meg as driving out two PAs IS an American. So it seems as if he thought she was acting in a bullying fashion.

This isn't a royal event. I'm quite sure that Earl Spencer will be there, and probably also Lady Sarah and Lady Jane, and maybe - up to 30 people are allowed to meet indoors - their spouses, some of their children, and some of Diana's closest friends. I'm also sure that not one of those people will find it appropriate to bring "their own" journalist.

But the guy who mentioned Meg as driving out two PAs IS an American. So it seems as if he thought she was acting in a bullying fashion.

He downright stated it. In no culture that I'm aware of is undermining one's confidence and bringing them to a state where they'd be trembling just at the thought of meeting you considered professional. And these particular people weren't, as we say, "picked up from the street". They had been vetoed and deemed professional. Many of them had worked for the RF for years. And it seems it was only Meghan that they couldn't deal with. If they were such wilting flowers, they'd had never made it to the respected and expectation-labeled duty of teaching the newcomer.

OTOH, I know people who do bring their underlings to this state. Surprise, surprise, they are all volatile and prone to outbursts in their personal lives too. And they never do it with their superiors. It isn't because our culture demands strictness, it's just the temper.

This isn't a royal event. I'm quite sure that Earl Spencer will be there, and probably also Lady Sarah and Lady Jane, and maybe - up to 30 people are allowed to meet indoors - their spouses, some of their children, and some of Diana's closest friends. I'm also sure that not one of those people will find it appropriate to bring "their own" journalist.

Rosa Monckton has been quiet of late, but she probably will be there.

I expect it will be Charles S and any of his kids who are available and Sarah and Jane S as well... plus William and Kate.. probably not their kids.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...eals-true-depth-fallout-warring-brothers.html

The Palace have said the bullying allegations will now be deferred until next year! I think Harry handled things badly too, with what was expected of Meghan. I've seen a lot of actresses interviewed on talk shows who come across as being DIFFICULT and opinionated; and to them it seems perfectly normal when challenged by the interviewer! In an office environment you either leave the job, or look for another job internally within the firm. As someone said earlier, no one ever makes a complaint to the firm as it's easier just to leave the job.

Last edited:
Apologies if this has already been shared but it appears that the verdict in the investigation might not be delivered until 2022.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...han-bullying-claims-until-next-year-f9q2s0kc2

It’s better they take their time and do a thorough job. I’m very glad they decided to hand things over to an independent law firm, instead of conducting an in house review the way I think they’d originally planned.

BP has always emphasized that they’re doing this review as a way to help clarify what measures they should put in place going forward. Meghan’s alleged behaviour may have been the spring board for the review, but since she and Harry have already left, my hope is that the report clarifies what incidents were problematic, but mainly focuses on useful, future oriented advice. To me this report and its recommendations have the potential to be some of the only really good things that come out of all the drama of the last few years, but I think if it came out now it would be treated by the press and public as just one more act in The Sussex circus. Maybe by next year things will have cooled down enough so that the results won’t be so emotionally charged for either the family or the public.

It’s better they take their time and do a thorough job. I’m very glad they decided to hand things over to an independent law firm, instead of conducting an in house review the way I think they’d originally planned.

BP has always emphasized that they’re doing this review as a way to help clarify what measures they should put in place going forward. Meghan’s alleged behaviour may have been the spring board for the review, but since she and Harry have already left, my hope is that the report clarifies what incidents were problematic, but mainly focuses on useful, future oriented advice. To me this report and its recommendations have the potential to be some of the only really good things that come out of all the drama of the last few years, but I think if it came out now it would be treated by the press and public as just one more act in The Sussex circus. Maybe by next year things will have cooled down enough so that the results won’t be so emotionally charged for either the family or the public.

I agree that it is better for all involved for a thorough investigation and that taking the necessary time required. Like you I am hopeful that in the future there will be a clear set of protocols in place for the palace employees should they encounter an issue with their "principal" or royal that they work with.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...eals-true-depth-fallout-warring-brothers.html

The Palace have said the bullying allegations will now be deferred until next year! I think Harry handled things badly too, with what was expected of Meghan. I've seen a lot of actresses interviewed on talk shows who come across as being DIFFICULT and opinionated; and to them it seems perfectly normal when challenged by the interviewer! In an office environment you either leave the job, or look for another job internally within the firm. As someone said earlier, no one ever makes a complaint to the firm as it's easier just to leave the job.

Somehow I dont think that Meghan was of the rank of actress who was allowed to be "Diffficult" when on a tv programme.. it seems more likely that when she married Harry, it went to her head....

This thread has been cleaned up and is now re-opened.

Several posts from the Lacey-thread in the Library have been moved here.

Last edited:
So, it appears that Prince Harry will be staying at Frogmore Cottage for his quarantine period. One of the papers declared that the cottage was recently arranged so that he would be separate from the Brooksbanks.

I've been reading the Mirror, the Sun, the DM, the Times and the worst of the bunch, the Express. They have all been running fast and thick about ... all of this palaver. I don't think there is any need to expound upon the more lurid outbursts coming from the "royal experts" paid by these outlets.

I remember reading at the time that the cottage was originally renovated that there was a small annexe for guests including Doria, inside FC. It probably consists of bedroom with ensuite, sitting room and kitchenette. So there won’t have to be much rearranging done. Probably the Brooksbanks and Harry are all vaccinated by now anyway.

I remember reading at the time that the cottage was originally renovated that there was a small annexe for guests including Doria, inside FC. It probably consists of bedroom with ensuite, sitting room and kitchenette. So there won’t have to be much rearranging done. Probably the Brooksbanks and Harry are all vaccinated by now anyway.

A Prince of the Realm with a kitchenette. He's not George Carter, gov!

Meals for breakfast, dinner etc can be sent from the kitchen to the annexe while the kitchenette can be for snacks and tea and coffee. When people were in isolation in their homes here in Australia away from other relatives living there that’s what happened and still does. And I believe that Harry and the adult Brooksbanks are vaccinated anyway and will probably be seeing each other at times.

Last edited:
If the Cottage has a Nanny Suite, it will be easy enough for Harry to isolate himself.

I think (could be wrong), that Harry can 'test to release' after 5 days of quarantine if he wants to. He's been eligible for the vaccine since April as a California resident, so he's likely inoculated (not that the vaccine is a 100% guarantee).

Sussexes confirm they bought ‘Lilibet Diana’ domain before Queen’s approval

Edit: okay, here is the archive

(...)

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex have confirmed that they did buy the “Lilibet Diana” and “Lili Diana” internet domain names before their daughter’s name was approved by the Queen.

The revelation will raise further questions about whether the couple sought permission from Her Majesty to use the highly personal pet name or rather “told” her when the baby had been born.

A spokesman for the Sussexes said they purchased a “significant” number of domain names for a range of potential names they were considering.

It suggests that had the Queen strongly objected to the use of Lilibet, the couple did have other names to fall back upon.

(...)

A spokesman for the couple told The Telegraph: “Of course, as is often customary with public figures, a significant number of domains of any potential names that were considered were purchased by their team to protect against the exploitation of the name once it was later chosen and publicly shared.”

(...)

Poor baby ....
Wouldn't this potentially cause genetic pain?

PS: I kind of hope that she'd be Doriana (Doria+Diana); a cute and unique name after the grandmothers. But alas ...

Last edited:
There has been 6 articles in the Times relating to Robert Lacey's updated book. :eek: :ohmy: :ermm:

From the oldest to newest, the first article reported on Robert Lacey, experts and insideres claim that "Charles has no power to stop Archie becoming a prince — or his sister Lilibet a princess — when the Queen dies". Lacey later added that Archie and Lili will have a choice to be called HRH Prince/Princess at age 18 similar to Lady Louise Mountbatten-Windsor and Viscount Severn.

Battle of Brothers book extract: Archie can wait until 18 to choose if he’ll be prince
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ntil-18-to-choose-if-hell-be-prince-j5z25flr2
Archived link: https://archive.ph/iM50L#selection-917.41-917.151

The second article is about Robert Lacey's claim that Meghan walked out of an engagement at a market in Fiji due to a "feud" or argument with UN Women.

Meghan walked out of Fiji engagement over feud with UN Women, says Robert Lacey book
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ith-un-women-says-robert-lacey-book-wns93zw9m
Archived link: https://archive.ph/ww9u0#selection-737.0-737.84

The third article is an extract Robert Lacey's updated book, focusing on the relationship between Charles and Sussexes and Archie's title. It's similar to the first article, except it's coming straight from Lacey's mouth.

What went wrong between Prince Charles and Prince Harry
In his new book, Battle of Brothers, Robert Lacey unpicks the Sussexes’ Oprah interview — and says Meghan was right to cry foul when she discovered her father-in-law might not make Archie a prince
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...ce-harry-battle-of-brothers-extract-2n8j8bmbp
Archived link: https://archive.ph/TVs0Q

The fourth article is another extract from Robert Lacey's updated book. More specifically, it focuses on the diamond earrings controversies. This is third one of the four book extract released on The Times.

Meghan’s diamond earrings: the ugly truth about her wedding gift
Historian Robert Lacey examines what led to the Duchess of Sussex’s inappropriate choice of jewellery after the murder of Jamal Khashoggi
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...e-ugly-truth-about-her-wedding-gift-8vhtwshtz
Archived link: https://archive.ph/2021.06.21-23185...wedding-gift-8vhtwshtz#selection-739.0-739.64

The fifth article is again the (fourth and final) book extract, which is on Prince Philip's funeral. The first two paragraphs were on Prince Philip's admission to hospital

How anger at Harry and Meghan ran deep at Prince Philip’s funeral
Despite outward appearances of reconciliation, ill feeling still pervaded the Duke of Edinburgh’s funeral, writes historian Robert Lacey
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...-ran-deep-at-prince-philips-funeral-t3sxnzzwc
Archived link: https://archive.ph/pLMgM#selection-739.0-739.65

The sixth article is written by Valentine Low releasing Robert Lacey's claim that The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge fear that conversation with the Duke of Sussex will be leaked out.

William and Kate feared private talks with Harry would be leaked
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...te-talks-with-harry-would-be-leaked-ndrmb3klz
Archived link: https://archive.ph/OPp0w#selection-737.0-737.64

As mentioned earlier, there may be some overlap between these Times articles. Some of the book extract showed Lacey being sympathetic to the Sussexes. I do wonder if there is a huge promotion deal between Lacey and The Times.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:
The above post has been copied to the Lacey-thread in the Library so that thread stays updated.

Analysis, opinions and thoughts about these revelations can be discussed here, in this thread.

Yes, he can "test to release" after 5 days, although he'll need to have been here for 5 full days and then to wait for the results.

Most people over 40 have had both jabs, but most people in their 30s, unless they work in a medical setting or have health conditions, neither of which apply to either Eugenie or Jack, have had one jab and will have their second soon.

The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 5: June 2021-

Over-all, I’d say Meghan, in particular, comes off poorly in these.

I didn’t see the original article from Lacey about the bullying allegations against Meghan leading to the big rift between Harry/ William and the split of the households propelled by William. But I gather if everything else can be discussed here, that can too. If that is true- those are pretty serious issues dividing Harry and William. Not to mention serious claims about Meghan- and Harry- too.

One of the standouts to me was why Meghan possibly really left the market that had put so much effort into seeing her - out of resentment to UN Women (who was sponsoring the event ) for not giving her the role she thought she deserved in their org prior to meeting Harry. Apparently she was unhappy that she was surrounded by branding from the group sponsoring the event. (And had said she didn’t want to see any branding prior.) Interesting observation from someone who supposedly knows her from way back- she’s perfectly nice until she gets rejected- or perceives it as rejection. Then- look out.

Apparently the cameras also caught Meghan talking to an aide before leaving the market in such a hostile manner than the aide’s face blanched. I may have heard that at the time- but it makes quite an impression to read that now in light of the bullying allegations.

Last edited:
William does not come off all that great. And these are allegations only re: Meghan. Meghan was not treated well by the media from the get go (and on social media). I don't think William and Harry always saw eye to eye. The image of the "closeness" I think was overstated. They had their falling outs over the years, and in Lacey's earlier edition of the book, he noted that the two brothers would not speak to each other for periods of time over the years. What cameras? how is it known what was said. I don't think that would constitute sufficient evidence. A lot of this is hearsay IMO. And the "friend" from way back does not seem to like Meghan attributing motives to her that way.

The person who reportedly knows her from way back does not sound like a friend of hers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom