The Duchess of Sussex's Eveningwear Part 1: May 2018 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree the hair is too severe.
Just come to ly mind the same dress the Duchess have similar one in pink i think? Any idea????

I love her hair & I love the dress. It's a bit tight on top but she's a new Mum so she gets points from me for getting dressed up to go out.

I love, love, LOVE the dress.

Just not on DoS. First of all, it's too tight. The bust area looks squeezed as hell (I don't know how this could be comfortable) and she's one inch away of having double breasts, which is not a good look for anyone. It's also a bit too tight on the arms. The seams on the sheer part emphasize how wide her shoulders are.

I also don't like how she styles her hair, I think it makes her look a bit harsh and also more round that her face actually is now.

I'm probably in love with this dress (and shoes, both Catherine and Meghan are killing it with the shoes today!), but once again it's ill-fitting. I wish DoS would tailor her clothes more!

Couldn't agree more, everything you've said it spot on. :flowers: I would also add IMO, it's black again. :sad:

I agree the hair is too severe.
Just come to ly mind the same dress the Duchess have similar one in pink i think? Any idea????

Do you mean this one?
https://www.meghansfashion.com/uploads/2/1/2/9/21295692/5_54_orig.png

Reactions: Fem
Yes its a bit tight but that asides I think the duchess looks lovely tonight.

Not a fan of the hair. I don't like it that severely pulled back. But she's a new mom so probably doesn't want to spend as much time on her hair. I love dark colors so I love the dress. Perfectly fit, no, but since she is probably a nursing mom or in any case just had a baby 2 months ago am cutting her slack. She looks healthy and happy.

Last edited:
She looked great for a woman who recently had a baby , yes the dress is a little tight on top but she pulls it off ....lucky her to have a night off from baby duty �� x

I think we are pretty much in agreement about the tightness of the upper body. Surprisingly, you can also see a couple of tiny holes in the fine material just below the neck and top of the one arm on the picture of her in front of the car. I think I do prefer her hair without the ‘straggly’ bits she has had in the past, particularly with her more rounded face, but I wished it wasn’t quite so severely taken back. It is a very elegant look, beautifully accessorised and, as has been said before, full marks to her for this glamorous appearance while she is still breast feeding and gradually losing her ‘baby weight’.

Slightly messier hair would have been good for her in this case. She looks severe.

The top is tight, but I think the boob fairy is still visiting her. She is noticeably larger up top.

Last edited:
It's a gorgeous black dress, but it is way, way too tight, in an extremely unflattering way. I would like to see this again when it fits the way it was obviously intended, because I think it would be fantastic. Her hair does seem a little severe, if only she had given it a slightly softer look! I like the earrings a lot, and even though I am not really a handbag person, that is a really wonderful evening bag.

The top of the dress makes Meghan look busty but overall the look was good. The focus was for the event and charity. Meghan certainly couldn't wear what Beyoncé wore for this red carpet. Plunging necklines and slits past the upper thigh are out.

Is it just possible...

... that we could avoid mentioning Megan’s figure and the fit of her clothing for a while? We all know she had a baby 9 weeks ago, and it is possible that she is breast-feeding. It is very difficult to dress at that stage. She can either wear a dress like the one she wore to the polo match, which was deemed to be sack-like, or she can wear an elegant dress which may fit imperfectly for quite some time. She looked quite lovely and glamorous. We don’t discuss the weight of people on this forum ordinarily, and this should be no exception. Thank you.

... that we could avoid mentioning Megan’s figure and the fit of her clothing for a while? We all know she had a baby 9 weeks ago, and it is possible that she is breast-feeding. It is very difficult to dress at that stage. She can either wear a dress like the one she wore to the polo match, which was deemed to be sack-like, or she can wear an elegant dress which may fit imperfectly for quite some time. She looked quite lovely and glamorous. We don’t discuss the weight of people on this forum ordinarily, and this should be no exception. Thank you.
TBH, I respectfully disagree - DoS's problems with tailoring (or lack of it) started a long time ago, even before the pregnancy. Secondly, no one is talking about her weight, just that the dress doesn't fit right and a bit of tailoring gets rid of this issue. Nothing to do with her weight or giving birth.

Nursing mothers can change cup sizes in an hour ..what might of fit then might be too tight an hour or so later. I'll give her a pass on that one.

Black..yeah again. It's a nice dress at least...but I do wish she had done something else with her hair.

LaRae

I love, love, LOVE the dress.

Just not on DoS. First of all, it's too tight. The bust area looks squeezed as hell (I don't know how this could be comfortable) and she's one inch away of having double breasts, which is not a good look for anyone. It's also a bit too tight on the arms. The seams on the sheer part emphasize how wide her shoulders are.

I also don't like how she styles her hair, I think it makes her look a bit harsh and also more round than her face actually is now.

I'm probably in love with this dress (and shoes, both Catherine and Meghan are killing it with the shoes today!), but once again it's ill-fitting. I wish DoS would tailor her clothes more!
Perfectly said. Also, this dress would be great for any other evening event, but not the premiere of a movie.

Last edited:

Great suggestion!

I don’t think anyone has discussed the fact that Meghan’s body shape is different in a negative or disparaging way. All the comments are focused on the fit and styling of the dress.

Reactions: Fem
This is a very elegant look. Minimal, but chic.

But I do agree, the bust is very tight on her. But when you are breastfeeding/post partum, bust size on can be rather variable.

But I do agree, the bust is very tight on her. But when you are breastfeeding/post partum, bust size on can be rather variable.

That’s why she should have chosen another dress, another style. It’s not as if any of these royals have closets like ours or don’t have the means to buy clothes or hire a tailor.
Just saw a rear view and the back mesh has an opening which is way stretching open. The dress is too small

Last edited:
That’s why she should have chosen another dress, another style. It’s not as if any of these royals have closets like ours or don’t have the means to buy clothes or hire a tailor.
Just saw a rear view and the back mesh has an opening which is way stretching open. The dress is too small

The sheer top of the dress is designed with an open upper back area. The zipper doesn't seem to be pulling.

I think most of the fit is due to the vagaries of a new mother’s body.

I like her sleek and spare hairdo. I like it when Catherine and Meghan have sleek updo's and chignons. It's a dependable, timeless and elegant look that works for a royal role.

Agreed. More than likely the dress was ordered prior to Archie's arrival. Speaking as a former nursing mother, I believe that she tried to take possible size into consideration but sometimes you might not be able to to get the fit right. Still a very lovely evening look for tonight's event.

I think the big issue is that she is not back to her pre-pregnancy size ! And may be this had been order in advance. But still she looks nice . And actually I am glad to ser being normal like everybody else after giving birth!

I think she looks amazing...skin glowing like a candle, dress fits perfectly!

Simply GORGEOUS.

I love the concept of this dress. But it just didn't work given that it was clearly too small. Granted this probably has a lot to do with the complexities of a newly postpartum body but there's been tailoring issues for a very long time and given that the royal family has access and means to have things beautifully tailored this really shouldn't be an issue, even with a postpartum shape to deal with. Again,though, the concept of the dress is fabulous and if it fit correctly would have been beautiful. I really hate the shoes but then again, I pretty much hate all slingbacks. The hair was far too severe. Her hair can be really beautiful when left down and styled properly and would have been absolutely gorgeous with this style of dress. And *sigh* it's black. Again. As always.

Meghan looked lovely and comfortable. With an ever changing body after the birth of her son, she will have many issues. Some ladies do not, they go back to their pre pregnancy body form, others it takes time. No matter what she looked radiant.

As for her hair...I love the pulled back sleek look. Princess Victoria of Sweden frequently wears this style to formal and informal events and people accept it....and PV will one day be queen. I think she made a good choice in hairstyles. Meghan’s hair is always clean, shiny and styled to what she likes. She only has to please her husband and herself and represent The Firm, which she does well, IMO.

Meghan looked lovely and comfortable. With an ever changing body after the birth of her son, she will have many issues. Some ladies do not, they go back to their pre pregnancy body form, others it takes time. No matter what she looked radiant.

, IMO.

I don't think that she looked comfortable as the dress looked too tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom