The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 10: November 2019 - October 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't really tell much about the green dress Catherine wore to the Nato reception since we lack any full length photos. She has general "look" for her official engagements, whether she is wearing dresses or coats, and she also has a preferred palette of colors. Even if this is similar to something else she has, I'm not sure why that's an issue. Most of us tend to have tried and true silhouettes and colors we enjoy wearing, or that we know suit us, I don't know why the royal ladies would be any different.

No one said it was an issue. PPL (as in more than myself) here commented on the fact that it looks similar to one she already had ....for whatever reason my post was singled out about it.

It was a comment about her fashion...that's what we do here.

LaRae

Absolutely amazing. Nothing else to add. The dress is perfect, that necklace is WOW, and once again DoC is showing everyone how it should be done.

Not a fan of this dress.

I really like the gown , I think the neckline could have been a little wider for the necklace to be shown.

Stunning. Everything is perfect head to toe : the dress is beautiful, festive and fits perfectly; her hair is styled beautifully, and the jewelry is fabulous.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 10: November 2019 -

Classic! She looks absolute divine

Catherine looks lovely. The gown is perfect for the event and the season, and the neckline makes a beautiful frame for the NoH necklace. I'm not sure the placement the tiara this time is as flattering as the other times she's worn it, but that could just be the angle of the photos. And the earrings......!

Beautiful hair and jewels :flowers:

Dress fits her nicely. The neckline at least adds some visual interest to it.

Usually not a fan of velvet but it works in the dark color.

I am loving this gown and the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace is beautiful. I would love to see a close up of the earrings which look like another stunning loan from The Queen.
The Duchess is looking very glam tonight.

The Duchess

I am loving this gown and the Nizam of Hyderabad necklace is beautiful. I would love to see a close up of the earrings which look like another stunning loan from The Queen.
The Duchess is looking very glam tonight.

Catherine looks fabulous and she has come into her own. I different tiara would be nice considering there is jewelry we have not seen.

I like the dress which is unusual because I can't stand McQueen. The neckline is interesting. However, the neckline does not work with the sash she has to wear and I don't think the necklace works with the neckline either.

Excellent.

The dress is a classic design - nothing special about it, but nothing offensive either. Just there. It fits Kate nicely, but I do not think she looks good in dark colors. The jewelry is fabulous!

I love the simplicity of this dress but I don’t like the neckline, nor the dark colour. I wanted somewhere in between the Princess of last year and the almost basic of this year.

:previous: Catherine is of an age and stage when she should be planning her gala ensembles down to the nth degree. The cut and colour should complement her hair, her tiara and necklace to perfection while showing her at her very best. Much as I love the neck and shoulder line I would have preferred she wore no necklace at all rather than see it at all sorts of angles caught in the neckline.

Catherine has taken a fantastic idea and turned it into an oh so pedestrian affair. The gown could have been glorious in a rich wine, burgundy or even deep sapphire blue. The cut could have flared from the waist giving her a fuller figure and more balanced silhouette. But most of all, her hair could not have looked like her usual take on Downton Abbey,

The main thing I don't like is the neckline with the necklace. Otherwise the color, material and style are good...would of liked to have seen a different color though..burgundy would of been lovely.

LaRae

I love the dark blue velvet with all those diamonds and I thought the neckline gave a nice frame for that necklace. I think a more vibrant color for the dress would not showcase the diamonds as much.

Last edited:
Is the dress blue?
I read that it is black velvet.

In any case, Kate looks fabulous. It's much more dramatic than the pallid appearance last year.

Is the dress blue?
I read that it is black velvet.

In any case, Kate looks fabulous. It's much more dramatic than the pallid appearance last year.

Deep dark navy blue.

Kate’s look is more like a future Queen this year. Last year she looked like a princess with the light colored sparkly dress and limited pearl jewelry.

Last edited:
The main thing I don't like is the neckline with the necklace. Otherwise the color, material and style are good...would of liked to have seen a different color though..burgundy would of been lovely.

LaRae

I think you make a good point about the neckline and the necklace. The neckline is dramatic enough not to need the necklace. As I said earlier, I don't think the sash works with it either. I don't understand why royal ladies choose a gown with a neckline that is not sash friendly for events that they know will require a sash. It's not just Kate, they have all done it.

I think you make a good point about the neckline and the necklace. The neckline is dramatic enough not to need the necklace. As I said earlier, I don't think the sash works with it either. I don't understand why royal ladies choose a gown with a neckline that is not sash friendly for events that they know will require a sash. It's not just Kate, they have all done it.

Everyone knows how much I HATE those sashes on women. Let the men wear under their coats but have the women just wear pins on lovely small ribbons. Catherine's dress is one of those dark velvet colors that do not photograph well. Absorbs the light rather than reflects it. I bet it was absolutely lovely in person. I personally loved the brilliant necklace with that different neckline. Would have looked drabber without any necklace and that one is a honey and complements the shape. I think she looed great and perfect for her position in the Family. JMO. I too would like to know about her new diamond ring worn on her right hand.

The problem is the neckline is so closed the necklace barely fits into the space. To really see it and for it to be shown to it's best advantage there needs to be a more open scoop.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom