Royals at the Commemoration of the 80th anniversary of D-Day: June 6, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

This is the thread dedicated to members of royal families attending the commemoration
of the 80th anniversary of D-Day in the Normandy, France, on June 6, 2024.

The official international ceremony will take place on Omaha Beach.
Many heads of state, veterans and officials will also commemorate the anniversary.

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Query if King Charles will travel for the event, or if he will be represented by Queen Camilla and the Prince of Wales?

Query if King Charles will travel for the event, or if he will be represented by Queen Camilla and the Prince of Wales?
I guess it will be The Queen if The King is advised to not go…

Princess Anne may also go in capacity of President of the Commonwealth Wargraves Commission.

According to historian Trond Norén Isaksen, it is planned that Crown Prince Haakon will represent King Harald at the 80:th anniversary of the D-Day.

I guess it will be The Queen if The King is advised to not go…

Princess Anne may also go in capacity of President of the Commonwealth Wargraves Commission.

According to historian Trond Norén Isaksen, it is planned that Crown Prince Haakon will represent King Harald at the 80:th anniversary of the D-Day.
I believe the Prince of Wales will represent the UK. I don't see the Queen attending if the King is unable to be there.

As the Royal British Legion is hosting a Setvice of Remembrance at the National Memorial Arboretum on 6 June as well, it may well be that the BRF will attend both events, and that we will see some members there and some members in France.

So far confirmed to attend are:

- King Frederik

- King Philippe and Queen Mathilde, source
Yes, the event has been added to the official calendar for King Frederik to attend. Wonderful that he will be attending. And great to see that the King and Queen of the Belgians as well. I assume that as heir, and given the new restrictions for King Harald, Crown Prince Haakon will attend on behalf of the Norwegian RF (and he's been handling all the constitutional duties while his father has been out on sick leave.)

Back
Top Bottom