Royals and (Sun)glasses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:

Zara seems to like one specific type of sunglasses. They seem to come from the same designer, does anybody know which designer it is? :flowers:

:previous:

I just love Rania's sunglasses here. :flowers:

Most of Mary's sunnies are very classy and pretty close to what I'd wear myself. I also like some of Marie's sunglasses here.

I like Maxima in sunglasses, she does have really nice pairs that suit her even though they are oversized.
Marie would look much nicer in sunglasses that are a lighter glass/frame, her pairs seem to dark for her.

Royals and Glasses

Do royals have really good eyesight or do they all wear contacts? It seems like the majority don't wear glasses.

I'm sure there are some that have really good eyesight, some who usually wear contacts and some who wear glasses on a daily basis, like King Albert of Belgium, Queen Margrethe of Denmark, Prince Albert of Monaco and Prince Constantijn of the Netherlands, to name a few...

I have often wondered why they don't choose lasik eye surgery. Of course, I understand that they might have an eye condition which wouldn't be treatable by lasik. But, I have wondered why so many of them wear glasses.

I have often wondered why they don't choose lasik eye surgery. Of course, I understand that they might have an eye condition which wouldn't be treatable by lasik. But, I have wondered why so many of them wear glasses.

I wear glasses but wouldn't consider lasik... for me no surgical or body-altering procedures unless medically necessary..

Many Royals wear glasses but I have only seen some wearing them when driving or writing (Prince Edward and Sophie wear them when driving, and Sophie wore them as a young child she has said.) I imagine they don't choose laser surgery unless their eyesight is so bad they have to wear glasses/contacts all the time. If it is only for short periods of time it's not worth it perhaps?

I wear glasses but wouldn't consider lasik... for me no surgical or body-altering procedures unless medically necessary..

You're not royalty, apparently among royals you only wear glasses if you have to and they don't like to be photographed in them.

Prince William of Wales wore black Oakley Straight Jacket sunglasses during a ski holiday in Switzerland in 2008.

Do the royal ladies buy their sunglasses or are they given sunglasses in order to advertise them? Some royal ladies have worn many different pairs of sunglasses as if such purchases would have been spendthrift.

Do the royal ladies buy their sunglasses or are they given sunglasses in order to advertise them? Some royal ladies have worn many different pairs of sunglasses as if such purchases would have been spendthrift.

The costs of those sunglasses are almost nothing compared to their many custom-made clothing items and other luxury expenses, so I think we can safely assume they paid for them.

For example, a pair of Prada sunglasses retails at about US$400-$500, that's at the lower end of the cost of a royal lady's single clothing item (day-time).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom