Royal Wedding Music

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Title of Wedding March?

Hello! I have been trolling YouTube and am enjoying the various bridal entrances of the royal ladies. I absolutely love the organ music played when MM and Haakon are entering the church, but I cannot seem to find the composer and a title. Can anyone help me?

Hello! I have been trolling YouTube and am enjoying the various bridal entrances of the royal ladies. I absolutely love the organ music played when MM and Haakon are entering the church, but I cannot seem to find the composer and a title. Can anyone help me?

It was fantastic. The whole wedding day was fantastic and the first real royal wedding i watched on tv.

It was a new wedding march (brudemarsj) composed by Mr Nils Henrik Asheim especially for the occasion.

Last edited:
Thank you; any idea if there is any way to download the march or purchase a cd?

I haven't found any way to buy or download it but you can visit his website www.nilshenrikasheim.no where you can listen to some of hos works and send him a e-mail and ask about the wedding entrance march for Haakon and Mette-Marit :)

I also loved Mathilde's entrance music:

CP Mary's entrance was truly majestic IMO. Best royal bridal entrance that I've seen.
OMG yes! I remember watching Mary enter the church. It felt so royal and majestic. She also had the presence for the music.

I regret not using the same music for when I married. My other regret was not using Te Deum when my husband and I left the church after our ceremony.

Claire's entrance music was very beautiful and regal. It was so very whimsical.

:previous: No, not whimsical . . . just started out very badly! She entered too soon, because of the journalists all calling out to her outside I think. It was Paschabell Canon in D and the music never did seem to catch up to the bride and her father. It did, however, allow a breathing space once she and Felix had stepped up into the sanctuary.

Worse than that was the couturier's minions fluffing up under her dress at in the sanctuary . . . good grief, it was an aisle, not a runway! :bang: I'm sure that is why they laid the incense from the censer on so heavily. Last time they did that in the cathedral here it set the fire alarms off!

Elisabettas entrance music was also beautiful.

Some songs during the wedding of Prince Albert of Monaco with Charlene Wittstock

I like the Laudate and the 'prière for the prince ' , every official ceremony are ended with the ' prière for the souverain'

OMG yes! I remember watching Mary enter the church. It felt so royal and majestic. She also had the presence for the music.

I regret not using the same music for when I married. My other regret was not using Te Deum when my husband and I left the church after our ceremony.

Yes, Mary's entrance and actually the entire wedding was still my favorite of all royals. The only exception was Daniel's speech given at wedding reception to Victoria. Up until that point I didn't take much notice to him, from that point on it was different. What a love for Victoria.

My favorite royal bridal entrances, in no specific order:

Queen Mathilde
Queen Maxima
Queen Silvia
Victoria of Sweden
Mary of Denmark
Queen Letizia
HGD Stephanie
Claire of Luxembourg
Kate
Diana
Madeleine
Charlene

Last edited:
I loved Crown Princess Victoria's wedding intro music. The whole wedding was divine.

Madeleine's entrance music were children singing, and then the congregation launching into a rousing hymn. :flowers:

I'd say Maxima, Mary, Silvia and Victoria is my favourites but there are many stunning entrances so it's hard to choose.

The organist playing the entrance music, Gotländsk Brudmarch, at the Wedding of Madeleine and Chris (when the children were singing) is my local parish organist here in Stockholm and a friend of mine so i like that too ;)

Kates entrance was majestic and regal too. "I Was glad" is a fantastic piece but i think it should be reserved for coronations and important anniversaries for the monarch in the BRF.

Last edited:
1. Madeleine is my favorite. I love the children's choir singing. Unique and beautiful entrance :flowers:

2Letizia
3CP Victoria
4Stephanie
5 Claire
6Mary
7Kate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5u6-CpU-1EY
8 Charlene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjgo-RqexSQ
9Mette Marit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DorodTW9nlI
10Sofia https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0cxSU_CdsE
11Marie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EaMo-6TIDY
12Mathilde https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zY1W5oHXo78
13Maxima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JzIfMvfJKU
14 Alexandra https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK07Agdktf4

Last edited:
This was a surprise. :flowers: I didn't recall the entrance and music. It's quite lovely, really lovely. And they are so clearly in love. The looks they give one another, so clearly in sync, on the same page, as the saying goes. ;) Solid.

Love the entrance music of both Victoria and Madeleine, different approach but beautiful in its own way.

For me the 'Totality' of the Music for the Prince of Wales' marriage to Lady Diana Spencer makes it the very best 'of the bunch'.
I loved the 'I was glad' by Parry chosen for the Brides entrance at the Cambridge's - what more apt piece could there possibly be for a future Queen coming to marry the future King ?
Frederick and Mary's choices were excellent too..

It was such a sad marriage that its hard in a way to see the many things that were good about it.. as pluses. But I agree that the music, for C and Diana's wedding, chosen I think largely by Charles, was excellent. Dignified...

Here is my list of my favorite music when royal brides left the church, in no specific order:

Mette Marit
Maxima
Mary
Letizia
Victoria of Sweden
Kate
Charlene
HGD Stephanie
Madeleine
Diana
Claire of Luxembourg
Queen Silvia

Stand by Me was sung at the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan.

Which bridal entrance music was your favorite? I am torn between Kate, Mary and Meghan's.

Last edited:
Oh guide me thou great redeemer from Harry and Meghans Wedding at St Georges Chapel in Windsor ,it was also used during the funeral of the late Princess of Wales in 1997.

Which bridal entrance music was your favorite? I am torn between Kate, Mary and Meghan's.

In no particular order my favorite entrances are Kate,
Meghan and Madeleine of Sweden.

The children singing that enchanting folk song from Madeleine 's duchy as she made her way to the altar was
just so beautiful.

I was also touched by Stephanie entering on the arm of her brother and heading straight to her elderly father for his blessing, but her Processional music ruined it for me. I really REALLY disliked it.:sad

However she and Guillaume redeemed themselves with their music at the wedding which was probably the grandest and most "Royal" of all the recent Royal weddings along with the Cambridges.

And their Recessional to Handel's "Messiah" is my favorite from all the Royal weddings.

Last edited:
Stand by Me was sung at the Royal Wedding of Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan.

Absolutely beautiful song, spectacular arrangement and breath-taking perfomance. Don't care what some poeple have to say about it, it will go down in history as one of the most memorable royal wedding performances!

I was also touched by Meghan entering with Prince Charles. I feel bad that her own father wasn't there though, cant be easy for any daughter, whatever the motivations might be.

Last edited:
Meghan's music when she walked down the aisle is one of my new favorites:

I disliked Eugenie’s wedding entrance music. I’m just not fond of it.

Princess Anne & Mark Phillips had Widor's Toccata in F Major as their leaving procession music & I liked it so much that I had it for my own wedding. Many years later, it was wonderful to hear it played at my daughter's graduation. I nudged her father knowingly but he didn't cotton on so I had to tell him. He said, "Oh yes, I thought I'd heard it before" :lol:

Back
Top Bottom