Queen Noor News Thread II

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It makes a lot of sense Reina :) I completely agree with you...and I think Noor and her children have handled everything after King Hussein's death in a very smart manner...Noor especially, I think, has shown that she truly loves Jordan's people. A lot of people in her position would have left Jordan for good and joined the more glamourous jet set society but Noor continues to work for Jordan - despite the fact that her publicity by local press is almost null. I can't say for sure I could have done the same thing ---

Here are some pics from her visit to COlombia plus a nice pic from the old days. From networkphotographers.com

Attachments

• colombia.jpg
    colombia.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 171
  • colombia2.jpg
    colombia2.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 228
  • colombia3.jpg
    colombia3.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 160
  • colombia4.jpg
    colombia4.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 161
  • colombia6.jpg
    colombia6.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 197
I think this accurately sums up my "take" on the situation, as well, re: the style of dress markedly changing after KH's death. And I also agree it is great QN tries to continue to work on meaningful causes rather than just dropping out and joining the jet set. Her press coverage in Jordan is troubling as it seems pretty minimal. But then again, I just see the things people post from "Petra." For example, the other day, QN was opening the Jerash Festival, QR was at some function--honestly can't recall what it was and KA was commemorating the death of his grandfather. I don't know how it stacked up in the newspapers and who received more coverage and if QN was relegated to the back pages--but I'd like to. Anyone see a copy of the newspaper in Jordan?
madonna23 said:
It makes a lot of sense Reina :) I completely agree with you...and I think Noor and her children have handled everything after King Hussein's death in a very smart manner...Noor especially, I think, has shown that she truly loves Jordan's people. A lot of people in her position would have left Jordan for good and joined the more glamourous jet set society but Noor continues to work for Jordan - despite the fact that her publicity by local press is almost null. I can't say for sure I could have done the same thing ---

WEll I've have seen online copies of Jordanian newspapers (where I get alot of the photoes I post) and it is discouraging. There is hardly any coverage and with the Jerash festival, she was put in the middle, near bottom of the front page. Ther ewas only one foto and it was smaller. But at other times there is no coverage of her or her sons. Believe me I have looked. ALthough my arabic is a bit limited, I knew what words to look for and I did not find any coverage on them. :(

From Jordan Times

25th Arab Children's Congress to be held

AMMAN (Petra) — The 25th Arab Children's Congress will open in Amman on Sunday under the patronage of Her Majesty Queen Nour. Children representing 13 Arab countries aged between 14-16 will take part in the six-day event, according to the event's director Lina Tall. She said children from France, Russia, the UK and Pakistan will attend the activities.

Last edited:
Yeah I saw that article. I wish they would have put QN's pic up instead. Adn the documentary you are talking about-didn't Laith Majali interview her?

iam so happy coz queen noor continus 2 work 4 jordan
i want 2 know more about queen noor family in usa like how many brothers and sisters she has i know she has one brother and anyone has any photo of her brother or her family

why princess iman not smiling alot she reminds me of prince ali

marmarina said:
why princess iman not smiling alot she reminds me of prince ali

well I said it few days ago.
I think some people have a smiling face and other a sad or serious face.
dont think that shes always sad.she often looks this way on pictures.
hashim and ali too.
I think its the GENES :D

thats what the article said. Anyone knows him? maybe we can get him to tell us more about the interview.

if the pics did not point out that was ricky martin, i would have never guessed it was he...!

princess iman looks nice in curls by the way....it's nice to see her more often now.

madonna23 said:
if the pics did not point out that was ricky martin, i would have never guessed it was he...!

princess iman looks nice in curls by the way....it's nice to see her more often now.

I agree. I just posted some new pics from the jerash opening in Queen noor thread, P. Iman is in them

from yahoo news
r2707235362.jpg

r1690909931.jpg

hey reina....thanks for the website, he actually has a picture of him with the queen. Its good to see Jordanians who are working in the creative field.

How do you know him?

Ok I'll tell the truth. I just knew that he was pictured w/ PHashim and others gave another site of his (I forgot the porper names of those kind sbut it is wher eyou can put up your own little pics and stuff). I don't know him personally, but it would be nice to meet him. He is a very talented guy indeed.

seems like it. The majali's are a well known family in Jordan. They are close to the royal family i guess, they are mostly in politics and army, its nice to see that one of them is an artist.

Queen Noor seems to be happy in the opening of the childrens congress, she has been pulling big names to it, last year angelina jolie this year ricky martin.

She is dedicated to this congress.

Yeah I figured he cam from a very good Jordanian family.

I've been meaning to do this

Attachments

• noor1.jpg
    noor1.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 418
  • noor2.jpg
    noor2.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 198
  • noor3.jpg
    noor3.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 195
  • noor4.jpg
    noor4.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 189
  • noor5.jpg
    noor5.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 291
Queen Noor inaugurates Arab children Conference</FONT></STRONG>

Pet0166 4 0599

Queen Noor inaugurates Arab children Conference
Amman, 25 July (Petra)--Under the patronage of Her
Majesty Queen Noor Al-Hussein and in presence of Her Royal
Highness Princess Iman Bint Al-Hussein , the activities of the
25th Arab Children Conference (ACC) was launched in Amman Sunday
evening.

About 120 youth from the Arab world , Asia and Europe
waved the flags of their countries alongside the Jordanian
commemorating the 25th jubilee anniversary of the
conference.

Distinguished guests participated in the launch of the
conference , such as the Arab League General Secretary
representative Nancy Bakir , World artist and good will ambassador

Ricky Martin, and renowned Arab singer Latifa .

In a short documentary film produced by Layth Majali, an
ex-participant in the conference, Her Majesty expressed hope
that the presence of children from the various parts of Arab
countries , in this critical stage of their age, would help them
enhance their pride in their Arab nation, and amplify
their joint relations and enrich their experiences.

Attracting foreign countries to attend the conference
aims at making them acquainted with the rich Arab culture
and heritage, and to contribute to cultural exchange and
increasing knowledge in the values of democracy , and to
enable the participants from every where in the world
advocate peace and understanding, and respect the cultural
diversity, Her Majesty said.

Last year, ACC hosted children from European
countries.

Addressing the conference , ACC director Lina Tall
stressed that the conference aims at cementing Arab unity and
encouraging respect of other cultures through workshops in the
field of art, drama, dancing, music, singing and handicraft.

The various workshops along the six day conference
provide an opportunity for the youth to freely express
themselves, she said.

The guests expressed pleasure on attending such a
conference.

ACC was attended by a number of Arab and foreign
ambassadors of the participating countries ,
in addition to senior Jordanian officials and
families of the children participating in the
conference.

Petra

Status