Queen Letizia Jewels, 2: Jan. 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m sorry if this has been discussed on this board and previous ones, but can someone please tell me why doesn’t Queen Letizia wear her wedding ring and when she stopped?

When I checked google, it said it was because of her I think former brother-in-law but it never went into detail.

I saw a pic of her recently and noticed her without the ring, so I checked other pics of her in recent years and she hasn’t worn it and I’ve been interested on this topic ever since! If the PoW did this, there would be an uproar and a bunch of divorce rumours circulating.

Because at the time of the engagment, Iñaki Urdangarin, the ex-duke of Palma, went to the jwelery to pick the ring, so no one would suspect of Felipe's engagement.
He paid with a credit card of the Noos fundation and didn't acepted the money back from the prince, because he said to Felipe that it was a gift.

After the scandal of Noos case, it was made public that the ring was paid with that dirty money. So Letizia had to stop to use the rings since then. It was more than 10 years ago...

Queen Letizia's wedding ring has not been seen in almost a decade and like most of her sentimental jewellery is locked away.

I was trying to figure out which earrings Letizia wore earlier today.

The Fleur de Lys Tiara looks to big on Letizia,maybe its her hairstyle?
The 2 brooches,Queen Sofia's sapphire earrings are lovely.

I think La Buena looks better today then in Sweden, but she looked best in UK. I wish she had worn a sapphire brooch (Im sure she has one) or one bigger brooch instead of two small ones.

I think it is the hairstyle which, IMO, just does not work for this tiara. The tiara is such a statement piece, and the hair just needs to be playing a supportive role. Here the hair is trying to make a statement on its own, and that just does not work with the size and scale of the tiara.

I think it is the hairstyle which, IMO, just does not work for this tiara. The tiara is such a statement piece, and the hair just needs to be playing a supportive role. Here the hair is trying to make a statement on its own, and that just does not work with the size and scale of the tiara.

The floral tiara would have worked better but the ponytail is plain silly looking.

I think the tiara does not work with the ponytail and the earrings don't work with the tiara.

Wow! Those are some statement earrings. They look so different on Queen Sofia in comparison.

Those do not seem to be Letizia's, but ruby ones instead?

It is definitely a stunning tiara but Letizia just doesn't pull it off. It always looked amazing on Queen Sofia and I can imagine it looking great on Maxima or Silvia it they wore it too. I also agree that those sapphire earrings are very impressive but they are competing with the tiara so everything seems very jumbled up. It's also baffling that Letizia wears such grand jewels with a hairstyle that resembles a lady who's just walked out of the gym.

I still wish:
— La Buena could be altered into a configuration that would suit her better
— she'd worn La Rusa (the loop) instead

I still wish:i
— La Buena could be altered into a configuration that would suit her better
— she'd worn La Rusa (the loop) instead

I wish she had brushed her hair LOL!

It is definitely a stunning tiara but Letizia just doesn't pull it off. It always looked amazing on Queen Sofia and I can imagine it looking great on Maxima or Silvia it they wore it too. I also agree that those sapphire earrings are very impressive but they are competing with the tiara so everything seems very jumbled up. It's also baffling that Letizia wears such grand jewels with a hairstyle that resembles a lady who's just walked out of the gym.
I never liked it on Queen Sofia, or Queen Victoria Eugenie. The Tiara looks big on anyone, just like the big Stuart, Empire in Luxembourg, Braganza.. They were made as a statement piece, symbol of power..for a different time.. I guess we will not see La Buena in the future when Letizia has worn it for all outgoing royal state visit..

I guess we will not see La Buena in the future when Letizia has worn it for all outgoing royal state visit..

Then the incoming royal State visits will come and i guess she will wear it also for them.

I guess we will not see La Buena in the future when Letizia has worn it for all outgoing royal state visit..

She has worn it in Spain as well for non-royal state visits. I believe it was the incoming visit from Argentina when she first wore it. I'm certain we will continue to see it.

I'm in the minority as I like La Buena on Letizia. I even like the ponytail, although the execution of the ponytail is a touch amateur. Although I do admit the tiara is rather big and can easily veer into beauty pageant/Glenda the good witch territory but I think Letizia carries it off well enough to prevent it going there.

I think the tiara does not work with the ponytail and the earrings don't work with the tiara.

Agreed. And I hate to say it, but that tiara is wearing Letizia, not the other way around. It is too big for her build; it consumes her completely.

It would be nice to see La Buena with this kind of Hairstyle, she had an updo ala SISI in 2013. Unfortunatley Letizia´s Stylist is a waste of money and no one telling her her option. https://c7.alamy.com/comp/D96NWD/ju...lipe-of-spain-and-princess-letizia-D96NWD.jpg
https://i.pinimg.com/564x/77/d6/41/77d6411c618b24a35c6d1cf6bba2df06.jpg
Would probably work much better. We could see that with Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and the Empire tiara. The one time she wore it with a bigger hairstyle it looked great on her

my guess is that the stylist does her hair according to Letizia's wishes, so probably it is her who insists on these flat hairstyles.

It is possible Letizia doesn't like the weight of a pile of tiara hair combined with the weight of such a large tiara, although if that's the case she really should go for a different one.

Unfortunately it looks like she feels obligated to La Buena but hasn't yet made her peace with it.

Agreed. And I hate to say it, but that tiara is wearing Letizia, not the other way around. It is too big for her build; it consumes her completely.

I agree with this. As magnificent as this diadem is, it’s not right for her. I think even with a hairstyle that focused on building some height and depth, it wouldn’t look good as she has such a delicate frame.

I’m in love with Letizia’s mammoth sapphire earrings! ��

Wow! Those are some statement earrings. They look so different on Queen Sofia in comparison.
It must be just me, but I just don't see any similarity between the earrings.

The floral tiara would have worked better but the ponytail is plain silly looking.
Oh dear, here we go again! Letizia just doesn't use a full length and back mirror or she would have seen that she had such fun trying on the tiara that she had forgotten to finish her updo . . . I mean, nobody in their right mind would trot off to a gala events with her hair still in a somewhat ratty ponytail, would they?

I wish she had brushed her hair LOL!
Oh dear, what's to be done . . . I fear there is nothing that can be done for Letizia because she obviously doesn't listen, doesn't care or simply doesn't want to know.

Letizia's entire jewellery ensemble is a total mismatch. Nothing seems to go anything else and I at this stage of her royal life I would have to say that Letizia has never really attempted to play "Queen Letizia "and her choices in behaviour, and deportment reflect this.

Letizia is in a very prominent position and, I would have thought that she would like to turn out especially chic and elegant and slay them in the isles with her beautiful ensembles from her wardrobe and jewellery chest, in short, be Queen Letizia of Spain and adorned spectacularly from her wardrobe and jewel vault, But no . . . she routinely just seem to slap it all on and hope for the best.

Back
Top Bottom