Queen Elizabeth II's Fashion and Style Part 6: March 2015 - July 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love that color on her!

LaRae

Queen Elizabeth at the Chelsea Flower Show today, May 22, looking lovely in a recycled flower dress combined with a matching blue jacket:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Would love it if we could see more of her actual dress...that little snip of it looks pretty.

LaRae

The Queen is bright and cheery in a beautiful yellow color that reminds me of a daffodil.

Queen Elizabeth looking great at a Service at St. Paul's Cathedral to celebrate the Centenary of the Most Excellent Order of the British Empire today, May 24 - wonderful, strong colour for her and the coat offers a nice view on the dress:

The green is gorgeous! I love her amoeba (as my son calls paisley ;) ) pin.

Queen Elizabeth in a recycled blue and orange combination at the hospital in Manchester and the Duchy Of Lancaster Farms in Staffordshire today, May 25 - noone else could wear it, but she looks great in the colours :)

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Dress ** Upper part **

Very nice - it's also nice to see a patterned skirt and jacket combination.

Very pretty skirt, happy for print. Coat is beautiful color :flowers:

Yes I agree a beautiful shade of blue on H.M.The Queen and lovely outfit for the garden party.

There are ensembles HM wears that I love, some I like, some I sort of like, some I want to like and a few I dislike and less I dislike intensely. She wears so very many ensembles that it is impossible to pull a stunner all the time. I have to admit that although florals are a big thing this season, in general, they do her no favours making her look both shorter and wider. For me the more subtle it is the better.

Elizabeth really shines in block colours, or with a gorgeous coat over a very soft and feminine floral dress. Even so, it is hard in the spring and summer when HM continues to use black shoes and handbags. Many times they jar with the softness of the ensemble.

However, this symphony in blue is one of those amazing ensembles that both define and enhance her presentation, the type of ensemble you remember for good or ill. This time it is, once again very, very good. The blue is deep enough to be light blue without being a washed out pastel and, with the addition of her mother's glorious aquamarine Art Deco brooch, I am loath to call a definitive colour.

Let's start with her straw hat which is not some interesting but unique shape or colour and is not languishing under positive garden bouquet. No the lines of the hat are clean and elegant with a flat crown and perfectly angled brim. The embellishments are mono colour straw ribbons with a perfectly sized bow made of the same straw ribbon. The gorgeous colour matching her ensemble perfectly.

Her dress and matching coat are a beautifully silky embossed aquamarine blue which with HM's white hair is positively magical and does wonders for her blue eyes. The discreet little bow that ties the coat together just belong the bustline is just perfect, no row of buttons and such to clutter the look. And her obligatory Garden Party Accessory, a bespoke Fulton umbrella with a matching trim and handle and her ubiquitous black handbag and shoes which somehow look right. White would have looked awful I think.

http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Garden+Party+Buckingham+Palace+A0sk2XBAQ0Gl.jpg
http://www2.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Garden+Party+Buckingham+Palace+t2qzAVjbiR3l.jpg

I know this is an "old" look, (last seen at a 2014 Garden Party) but it is a definitively QE look and it is the kind of picture I carry with me when I think of her "on the job". Streamlined, unfussy, and enjoying the day.

HM's yellow outfit is stunning. I adore that colour. She looks wonderful and I love how she has finished the outfit off by adding some different coloured flowers to her hat. She looks like a summer garden! :)

Not a huge fan of florals either. I often find them matronly. But on a 91 year old woman that isn't a problem :D

She looks great. Sunny and happy :flowers:

It's lovely. Prince's Diamonds and Pearls ran through my head as I looked that the dress and brooch. :whistling:

She looks lovely. But must say I prefer her in brighter yellow. Maybe just lighting. I find it with all the older queens, the bright colors really flatter.

Love her brooch as always :flowers:

Queen Elizabeth lovely in peach at Slough railway station today, June 13, marking the 175th anniversary of the first train journey by a British monarch:

Queen Elizabeth atttended an Evensong in celebration of the centenary of the Order of the Companions of Honour at Hampton Court Palace yesterday, June 13.

Once again simply perfect:

** Full view ** Close up **

What a lovely regal colour on Her Majesty ,the brooch fits in perfectly too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom