Queen Camilla's Fashion and Style Part 2: June 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Regal gown! And that's so different from her usual style.

The dress has a certain medieval air; very becoming.

Great hair styling. And of course the gown is lovely on her. Did the ladies coordinate on dress color?

Great hair styling. And of course the gown is lovely on her. Did the ladies coordinate on dress color?

Apparently so. Each in her own style, it was the " Entente cordiale " all the way.

Last edited:
Really lovely and the cape was fantastic too.
The jewels looked wonderful too.

Well, I have to say that she has outdone herself, arriving with in a beautifully lush pink and grey ensemble, knocking it out of the park, over the stand and into the carpark!

Pink is not a Camilla colour but is amazingly flattering on her but I have to honest and say that while her hat is very Camilla these days, I prefer her statement hats. However, judging from the wind it's a fair chance she would have lost one of those.

The elegant dress and coat are a classic style that suits her well and the lush depth of the pink really flattered Camilla and highlighted the colour of her hair which is a beautiful silvery grey. I also loved her whimsical touch in accessories finished with her classic pearl jewellery.

Her handbag and shoes were a beautiful soft grey that gave more than a passing nod to her hair. From the elegant lines her handbag, with its tiny gold trim along the opening flap to her really, really, enviable kitten heeled grey suede pumps which rounded out the ensemble with flair.

I was really quite stunned at the first photos of Camilla and Charles arriving for the state banquet at the Palace of Versailles. Her amazing ensemble was sourced from the House of Dior, a tribute to the host nation that has become almost de rigueur on State Visits.

The gorgeous deep blue full length evening cloak over a matching gown flowed beautifully, giving Camilla a slightly willowy look, which is better than many wraps or capes which tend to bulk up the silhouette. The gown beneath didn't disappoint either, with its deep blue perfectly flowing but slimming lines Camilla looked chic from the top of her perfectly coiffed hair, beautifully done makeup and perfect blue accessories to create a wonderful monochromatic but dramatic look.

As an aside, First Lady wore a gown exactly the same colour as Camilla, also from the House of Dior.

Last edited:
Lovely soft colours for day 2 of the State Visit.

Both looks are fantastic! Love her pink outfit and hat and her evening gown is gorgeous. Camilla is hitting it out of the park on this visit.

Last edited:
Pretty pink but not suitable for the wind getting out of the plane. Her skirt really flew up and she was already holding on to her hat

It never ceases to amaze me how many royals fall foul of airplane runway gusts . Surely in the fine planning that appears to go into each outfit, for the public arrival meet and greet the chance of skirts/ hats being blown about must be a consideration.

The only alternative is to wear trousers. The wind does what the wind does, it was a problem for both, Queen Camilla and Brigitte Macron at the Arc de Triomphe.

Apparently so. Each in her own style, it was the " Entente cordiale " all the way.

Both ladies did a great job of color coordinating in their own style. They both look lovely in blue.

And those jewels on Camilla! Wow. She can really wear them well.

The only alternative is to wear trousers. The wind does what the wind does, it was a problem for both, Queen Camilla and Brigitte Macron at the Arc de Triomphe.

Queen Camilla had quite a lot of material in her coat/dress - a slightly straighter style might have caused less of a problem or some weights in the hem. But I agree, nature is its own master. I do feel it’s a shame that the royals ladies have to be distracted in this way. I see nothing wrong in them wearing a smart trouser suit, but I can’t see Queen. Camilla adopting this style.

Queen Camilla at an informal meeting with President Macron and the First Lady this evening, wearing a new leopard print dress.

I usually like her choices, this time not that much:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

It's just a slightly fancier version of most of her print dresses for engagements. Seems to suit her, though.

I’m struck by how much the two First Ladies have harmonised in their choice of colours in the various outfits on this state visit.

It really suits her ! Quite different from the prints she usually wear !

Camilla is nailing it for sure, she looks SO lovely in every outfit!

A nice outfit today in a great color. But i wish she would wear a hat for such Events and can't understand why she wears one when attending Church on holidays in Scotland and for the races (like last Saturday) but not for Parts of a State Visit.

Turquoise blue is definitely her colour. I noticed that in some of pics she’s wearing the diamond brooch and on others it’s disappeared. I wonder why?

Turquoise blue is definitely her colour. I noticed that in some of pics she’s wearing the diamond brooch and on others it’s disappeared. I wonder why?
That is truly bizarre that it’s in some pictures but not others:ermm:

I wonder if the brooch had come loose when there was a heavy shower and she wore a trench coat over her turquoise outfit during the visit to the frigate. Perhaps she decided to remove it rather than risk it becoming damaged. It’s a significant piece of jewellery.

Last edited:
Queen Camilla at an informal meeting with President Macron and the First Lady this evening, wearing a new leopard print dress.

I usually like her choices, this time not that much:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part *
It really suits her! Quite different from the prints she usually wear!
A closer look at the dress shows that unlike one of her go-to animal prints, this green chiffon of dress shares a silhouette has the base style as one of her favourite dress styles but this green abstract print is definitely a winner. The colour looks amazing on her and her matching handbag and finishes the ensemble perfectly.

Interestingly, I read that contrary to journos waxing lyrical about her makeup (and by default her makeup artist) it seems she has been doing her own makeup. I find that easier to believe that she would be more comfortable at her age, doing her own makeup confident she would look like herself in the mirror and not what someone else thought she should look. I'm not denying that she has updated her makeup look after all, almost all women do. I think it is just that we haven't had much of a chance to see her shine in night lighting but if you look at her daytime style, it's more than enviable.
I’m struck by how much the two First Ladies have harmonised in their choice of colours in the various outfits on this state visit.
Entente Cordiale 2023 style perhaps!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom