Queen Camilla's Fashion and Style Part 2: June 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 2 of the thread for Queen Camilla's Fashion & Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Queen Camilla's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2022 - June 2023

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Undisputed home run for Camilla : she was looking fab the four days straight.

Very lovely dress which looks great with the hat.
She’s wearing an interesting necklace which I don’t recognise.

She is always wearing a gold bracelet with small coloured clover leaves. It must have a very special meaning for her seeing that it never leaves her wrist.

Undisputed home run for Camilla : she was looking fab the four days straight.

I agree, she has done well all four days.

That said, I thought the dress on the last day could have taken on a nice brooch.

I heartily approve of Camilla's choices for Ascot: totally appropriate for the occasion and authentic Camilla at her finest.

That raincoat makes her appear a little disheveled. The length needs to be longer. I like the shade of blue of the patterned dress but it’s a little shapeless.

I love the trench coat as it has a great casual yet elegant vibe. The dress would have been better if it had been shortened to not show below the hem of the coat.

As for the windblown hair, I am starting to see that there really is a case to be made for wearing hats as the weather can present a very dishevelled look and that is not what people come to see. It seems to me that she is now wearing hats to fewer engagements rather than more.

However, the shoes were what hit me right in the face. They are ugly and very sensible but why oh why can she not wear fun shoes on soggy ground and everyone knows they are just those occasions and not her latest style statement.

It seems to me that she is now wearing hats to fewer engagements rather than more.

Have noticed that too that she and also Catherine are often going for a more informell look since the change in reign.

I love the trench coat as it has a great casual yet elegant vibe. The dress would have been better if it had been shortened to not show below the hem of the coat.

As for the windblown hair, I am starting to see that there really is a case to be made for wearing hats as the weather can present a very dishevelled look and that is not what people come to see. It seems to me that she is now wearing hats to fewer engagements rather than more.

However, the shoes were what hit me right in the face. They are ugly and very sensible but why oh why can she not wear fun shoes on soggy ground and everyone knows they are just those occasions and not her latest style statement.
I’ve thought a lot about her shoes. While I agree that in general they aren’t the most stylish, they look comfortable and supportive. I’m 10 years younger than Camilla and would love, love, LOVE to wear fun and cute shoes all of the time. However, due to a torn tendon on the inside of my one ankle, I have to wear massive orthotics to hold my flat foot up when I walk. Unfortunately, most super cute shoes do not accommodate my orthotics so I’m very limited in what I can wear - not totally “old lady shoes” but certainly not very stylish either. Alas, avoiding major surgery with a 4 month recovery period is more important to me than wearing stylish shoes ;)
I have absolutely no idea, but I’ve often wondered if perhaps Camilla has an ankle or foot issue that prevents her from wearing shoes that aren’t supportive. :flowers:

I love this shade on Camilla and the gown is extremely flattering. I do wish she would experiment with a different neckline and the zipped, gently tapered upper bodice .

I understand that she has arthritis, osteoporosis and resulting back issues. She is hardly going to walk and stand about in spike heels and strappy shoes. She needs foot support and comfort. And let's not forget that she had a broken toe at the time of the late Queen's passing, funeral and mourning period. I've broken my small toe and it hurt like hell and took weeks to heal.

Last edited:
Lovely lavender blue shade on her at the Animal Ball and a very flattering shape and hopefully comfortable for a warm summer evening.

Camilla at the Animal Ball at Lancaster House yesterday evening, June 28:

https://media.gettyimages.com/id/12...=G5dUw3CL3OgVNssIhMVA8wFlBHsLJkCJJx2xoSmAy5E=
https://media.gettyimages.com/id/12...=I0fQUXJPmrnZzNWSCpujkFg9kvJNWUlUWXNJZvd1oyM=

That is a great look for a warm summers evening.
I love this shade on Camilla and the gown is extremely flattering. I do wish she would experiment with a different neckline and the zipped, gently tapered upper bodice .
I love how Camilla took her inspiration from her State Visit wardrobe for such an occasion in the UK in the middle of a heatwave. It's elegant, cool and just right as indeed is that very cool swan feather hand-held mask.

Last edited:
That’s a stunning hat, even by Camilla’s standards. She. looks every inch a Queen for this engagement showing she can pull out all the stops when required.

It's good to see she's getting more use out of her glorious Ascot hat.

Although the raincoat looks quite nice on her!

That’s a stunning hat, even by Camilla’s standards. She. looks every inch a Queen for this engagement showing she can pull out all the stops when required.

I think that's one of Camilla's best looks. Absolutely stunning and a perfect look for the occasion.

I think that's one of Camilla's best looks. Absolutely stunning and a perfect look for the occasion.

I agree, that was a great look for Queen Camilla. Very elegant, very Camilla.

Expect to see the outfit get repeated at a Trooping or perhaps, a state visit or something similar.

It's good to see she's getting more use out of her glorious Ascot hat.

I agree. Camilla usually manages to get some wear out of her clothes, and its good to see the hat got another outing within 10 days.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: I agree, the entire ensemble just zings so it seems to be a case of serendipity. That magnificent millinery masterpiece came into its own with the black and white splotch dress (it's not polka dot so that's the best I can do). Camilla hit every mark with this ensemble although I can't tell if the dress or the coat are new, but the ensemble is very elegant, and I love that black and white combination is in perfect balance.

Surprisingly, I am really warming up to her elegant but yet practical shoes. I would think that when you are walking around on grass there is more than a fair chance the ground beneath your feet could be anywhere from wet from morning dew to decidedly soggy would seem to be the case as Camilla was both using and carrying her umbrella. I would imagine that walking around in wet shoes all day would be both uncomfortable and expensive.

Now over to the jewellery thread to drool.

Two very stylish appearances by the queen ,number 2 for the Garden Party was my winner!

I loved Camilla's second outfit on the 4th. She looks great in white and can pull off any hat

Queen Camilla hosted a reception for the 15th anniversary of the First Story charity at Clarence House today, July 11:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Back
Top Bottom