Princess Marie, Current Events Part 1: March 2009 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the pics, Iceflower. :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #40, 2013.
Marie fik et godt grin - Mary had a good laugh.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Our Marie had just presented an award for 200.000 DKK in connection with Innovation Storm at Moltkes Palæ, when the whole thing was interrupted by two mega rich, totally selfish and very out of touch gentlemen, Poul and Fritz - in the shape of the comedians Rasmus Botoft and Martin Buch.

They talked about current things in general and offered their solution to how DK could recover from the financial crisis: "We must sack everybody and employ au-pairs. Not only are they pretty, they also work 100 hours a week for 3.300 DKK a month...without pension and holidays. That'll put the country back on its feet again".
Everybody present, including Marie, was cracking up. - I'm pretty impressed with Marie actually, if she understands this rather quirky humour and fairly quick delivery, her understanding of Danish must be extremely good already. Not least considering that they talk "posh".
I saw a picture of her in the article. She was focused and it's a genuine laugh, not a polite chuckle.

Anyway, they are also among my favorites and here is a clip with with Poul and Fritz. You'll not understand much, but it will give you an idea of their style.
Rytteriet TV - Fritz og Poul om naturkatastrofer - YouTube

Their difinition here of a genuine natural disaster is "When your wife turns 25".

Last edited:
And we have the first picture of our Marie on the job in the town of Vejle earlier today. Sydlandsk begejstring mødte prinsessen | Vejle Amts Folkeblad

Here she met 250 from an organisation of some 400 women, who are voulnteers. They have since 2008 been actively seeking and help to integrate immigrant women into the society. As well as acting as a basic network and offering councelling and assistance to these women.
Most of the volunteers are immigrants themselves.

One of the major problems with immigrant women, especially from certain countries, is that they are often isolated when they come to DK. They have no network, no family, no friends and they associate no one but their husbands and children. As such they are isolated from the country they live in. In some cases that isolation is reinforced by their own husbands.

Not knowing the language, rarely having a job and in many cases with a rudimentary in any schooling, they are not aware of their rights, they are only vaquely aware of any opportunities they may have and they are most hestitant about contacting the public services in their local municipality.

This is where the volunteers come in.

A little curiosum: The court had briefed the photographers from the press about their rules of engagement so to speak. But not the volunteers who picked up their mobiles and snapped away. :lol:

Last edited:
Some more pics of our Marie at the event yesterday in Vejle: Bydelsmødrenes Landsorganisations Landsmøde - Kongehuset

I appreciate that some of the volunteers showed up in these colorful traditional outfits.

Here's an additional gallery of the event in Vejle last weekend:

** pp: Princesse Marie : Maman bien intégrée, elle partage son expérience **

And here are some more pics of and additional information about yesterday's re-launch:

** hellomagazine: Princess Marie of Denmark shows off stunning new look **

** uvm.dk: H. K. H. prinsesse Marie åbnede den nye EMU ** translation **

** hola: La princesa Marie de Dinamarca presume su nuevo 'look' ** translation **

** pp gallery: Princesse Marie : Star des petits écoliers danois et de leur nouvelle adresse **

Last edited:
Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #42, 2013.
Written by Henrik Salling.

Recently Marie went to Hellerup School to open a new Internet portal for teachers and pupils called EMU.dk. - The red cord has this time been replaced with a mouse and with a simple click our Marie started the whole thing.
Marie got a very enthusiastic reception by the pupils! Leaning out of a window a number of girls (12-14 y. olds) waved a homemade sign reading: "Marie - we love you. You are fantastic". And later on Marie was surrounded by younger pupils (looks like third graders to me) who wanted to exchange high fives. - In the end Marie's LiW, Britt Siesbye, had to come to the rescue and pull Marie away from the children.

Marie also had time for a chat with our reporter. (Whom she litterally has known from the very first times she put a foot in DK after meeting Joachim. He used to cover Marie very favourably indeed - and still do...).
Here she said about bette Henrik: "He can read. - It's the father who each evening teach him to read". Unfortunately she doesn't go into further details.

Marie has turned out to be such a lovely Princess of Denmark, always ready to show genuine warmth with a smile. And, she is the ONLY member of the Royal family who is not paid........................

And, she is the ONLY member of the Royal family who is not paid........................
What do you mean by that?
AFAIK Marie is entitled to a percentage (10% ?) of Joachim's annual allowance (just like Mary is included into Frederik's annual allowance). That's why Joachim receives a higher allowance since 2008/his marriage with Marie.

:previous: Thanks, Iceflower.

TV2 also had a clip in the 19.00 news and it will be online later.

It's good to see how much our Marie (and her Joachim) is doing locally. It is genuinely appreciated by the locals from what I've heard.

As to the DR1 video. She is speaking fast now! That's conversation speed. And apart from a couple of minor mistakes her grammar is perfect.

Princess Marie at the opening of Children and Youth in Battered families new house today, November 20, 2013.
small picture https://twitter.com/krimforebyg/status/403174958106697728

BB article with a picture and video (it's also about Prince Joachim's event)
VIDEO: Dobbeltjob til prins Joachim og prinsesse Marie | Billed Bladet
Google Translation

more pictures
Marie et l'enfance le 20 novembre 2013
Marie et l'enfance le 20 novembre 2013 (suite1)
Marie et l'enfance le 20 novembre 2013 (suite 2)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the pics, Iceflower. :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #5, 2014.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Our Marie did indeed open the new International House in Copenhagen. The purpose of the place it to give new arrivals to DK a place to go for councelling, guidance and basically help them to start a network in DK away from their spouses and in-laws. The target group are well-educated immigrants.
After six years in DK Marie has settled in well and it was based on that that she gave he speech.

The flowergirl was four year old Maya, who had birthday on this very day, so she got a congratulation from Marie.

- The coverage of Marie's first day in Ethiopia will be posted tomorrow.

Thank you, Iceflower :flowers:

Still with the ever-present Minister for Education tagging along (to get some positive press no doubt...).
Here our Marie was presented with a French-speaking and Macarena-dancing robot NAO. Unfortunatelt the article doesn't say what exactly the robot is used for.
After holding the robot Marie returned it: "It's a very expensive baby". (*)

(*) That's a debatable truth! I still vividly recall a friend of mine pointing at his five year old son saying laconnically: "There goes my Mercedes". (Keep in mind that taxation on cars in DK is astronmical!)

Here our Marie was presented with a French-speaking and Macarena-dancing robot NAO. Unfortunatelt the article doesn't say what exactly the robot is used for.

Well, being able to speak French AND being able to dance that's a lot - an impression-making demonstration model...:D

Here are some more pics:

** billedbladet.dk: Prinsesse Marie i skole ** translation **

** tv2east.dk: Prinsesse-besøg i Slagelse ** translation **

Click on "Foto Galleri" on the first pic:

** vdonline.dk: Besøg med beundring og begejstring ** translation **

** sn.dk article 3: Flere billeder: Prinsesse Marie besøgte Slagelse ** translation **

** pp: Marie de Danemark : Pimpante sans sa fille Athena, au contact des enfants **

Last edited:

She's not without humour, our Marie. :lol:

Well, if there's no driver why not see a rocket launch? That will impress all her four boys so much more.

And... ehh... pic #13 in the gallery of the local reporters can so easily be misunderstood. I'm really, really tempted to comment but as this is a family-friendly forum I shall refrain. :innocent:

Here is a BB video of the visit to Antvorskov School and we get an explanation of what makes this school, or rather integrated institution, special: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ca4EhO1EAew

The school is crammed with IT equipment and other technical tools and the pupils are issued iPads from when they are one year old.
Basically this school is designed to breed innovators and developers.

Our Marie stayed for a couple of hours, and a little more than scehduled actually, as the driver to her car was nowhere to be found when it was time to leave. A misunderstanding seems to have occured and he was located in some ten minutes.

Okay, instead Marie watched a rocket launch. She is seen in the vidoe packing the parachute for the rocket, and apparantly she has been presented with one to take home to her boys.
She is seen at the end of the video holding a rocket saying to the no doubt embarrassed driver: "Oh, I thought you'd gone up with the rocket".

The driver and not least the crown car was also the center of some attention as a number of boys took pictures of the vehicle and thought it was cool.
- Typical tire-kicking behavior! When a male sees a a car he likes, he will automatically put his hands in his pockets and the kick the nearest tyre. It's genetic. The sun rise in the east, men kick tires.
Any mother on this board will confirm this. Even infant boys will try and put their hands into their diapers and start some kicking movements at the sight of their favorite toy-car.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #12, 2014.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Our Marie together with Minister for Education, Christine Antorini, visited Antvorskov School in Copenhagen.
The school puts particular emphasis on integrating IT and other technological tools as much as possible in the teaching, form kindergarten and up. The aim is to develope and nurture innovation among the children.

As such the pupils, including the youngest, had googled Marieon their issued iPads before she arrived and seen pics of her in full regalia, so it was a little disappointing to see her in ordinary clothes and one girl asked: "Why aren't you wearing a crown"? Marie promised: "The next time I'll put on a big crown".

The principal, Søren Ranthe, summed up the purpose of this school by saying: "We want to be a school, the pupils don't want to go home from" and indeed it has borne fruit. Antvorskov School has entered no less than four teams in the yearly Young Researchers talent competition. Very impressive!

Two such talents were fifteen tear olds, Andreas Andersen and Sebastian Bug Rasmussen, who have been busy working on programming a baby-robot, NAO, to speak in various languages and performing various taks. Something that impressed Marie: "How clever you are! It sure is fantastic that you can do that already, when you are as young as you are. That's very impressive".

But the girls are talented too. Three grils were busy working on a rocket they had printed from a 3D printer and Marie and the Minister lend a hand in packing the parachute. (I noticed Marie got a rocket as a present. Her four boys will love it!) There were a few problems but eventually a rocket went up.
And that was the end of the visit, almost. Marie Said to our reporter: "It's really inspiring to see how they work here, (how they) motivate the children to working together. These methods of learning develope their creativity and that I think is very important. And I'm very impressed over the technological skills and level of the young people here".
Q: Do you use iPad at home yourself?
M: "Everything! I'm a geek. I love technology".
Q: And what about your children?
M: "Yes, they too. They learn quickly. It's mostly the two big ones who are very skilled, but the other two are up there as well".

Then it was time to go home, but where was the driver? Nowhere to be seen. A search went out to locate him and while that went on, Marie chatted with the press and some small boys who were busy taking pics of the crown car.
Our reporter offerered to drive Marie home but she had to decline: "Thank you, but I don't even have the keys for the car".
When the embarrassed driver showed up Marie teased him: "Ah. I thought you'd perhaps flown up with the roket".

- The drivers are from the military, who serve for a period before returning back to their regular unit. It's considered a cosy post and is often given to servicemen who are nearing retirement.

Last edited:
Tuesday, our Marie was present at an official naming of a new breed of tulips at Gavnø Manor. Prinsesse Marie til Tulipandåb på Gavnø | Billed Bladet

The tulip is named after her.

There is a strict set of rules that must be adhered to in order for the new tulip being officially accepted and registered in the Netherlands.
- Hardly surprising that tulips are registered there. A stock exchange crash took place in the Netherlands in the 1600's IIRC, due to speculation in, you guessed it, tulips.

Last edited:
:previous: Thanks, Polyesco.

Nice pic of our Marie.

Does anyone know if that's a Dutch or Danish costume the girl in the background is wearing? Looks pretty Dutch to me.

Does anyone know if that's a Dutch or Danish costume the girl in the background is wearing? Looks pretty Dutch to me.
It´s definitely not a danish folkcostume/folkedragt :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom