Princess Madeleine Jewellery 1: Ending 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great pics of the 09 Nobel Prize. Thank you. Her_Majesty

Afaik this was the first time that Madeleine wore the four buttons tiara. Imo she wore it really well. This was one of the few times (or even the only time) that I like the look of this tiara. Her hair is more wavy than Victorias, so the buttons don't stick out that much, which often gives this tiara a Mickey-Mouse-look.

Afaik this was the first time that Madeleine wore the four buttons tiara. Imo she wore it really well. This was one of the few times (or even the only time) that I like the look of this tiara. Her hair is more wavy than Victorias, so the buttons don't stick out that much, which often gives this tiara a Mickey-Mouse-look.

It is exactly the same the King's sisters wore it in the 60's. So that the frame is not visible only the buttons.

It is exactly the same the King's sisters wore it in the 60's. So that the frame is not visible only the buttons.
I know that the tiara is unchanged. What I meant is, that the buttons tend to stick out more when worn by CP Victoria. I think this is due to Victoria's straighter hair, but maybe Madeleine also found a better angle to place the tiara.

I know that the tiara is unchanged. What I meant is, that the buttons tend to stick out more when worn by CP Victoria. I think this is due to Victoria's straighter hair, but maybe Madeleine also found a better angle to place the tiara.

In the Close-Ups it looks like she pinned her hair a little bit up in the front so that the base is niot visible. When Victoria wore it she had her mostly in an updo and then the tiara put on it. This way the base was visible which is not the case with Madeleine.

Perfect adjustment of the tiara!

It is the first time Princess Madeleine has worn the Four Rosettes / 'Button' tiara.
Its ugly frame still shows in side views, but seen from the front it works surprisingly well, thanks to - as Stefan pointed out - the correct hairdo: High above the forehead, to make only the diamond rosettes peek out and not their setting.
The combination with Queen Silvia's diamond fringe necklace/tiara is beautiful too, some of the oldest and the newest pieces in the Bernadotte collection worn together.

I'm glad that she wore this tiara. This piece looks really good on her head. I also like the modern fringe tiara as a necklace and simple earring. I think that the diamonds suit her very well.

I liked how the button tiara looked like a comb in Princess Madeline's hair. The necklace looked stunning, and I just loved the earrings. Madeline really does favor diamonds, a girl after my own heart!

At yesterday's gala dinner Madeleine was the only one who didn't wear a tiara. Instead she wore the same diamond necklace in her up-do which Victoria wore last year on the same occacion and which just appeared on new official photos of Victoria. It stood out more when worn in Victoria's straight hair and somehow got lost in Madeleine's curls. And I also wonder what the message behind this is. Doesn't she like to wear tiaras, or is she forced to stand back behind the CP?
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/kungens-nobelmiddag-2009/madeleine2.jpg
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/kungens-nobelmiddag-2009/madeleine-3.jpg

I too noticed that Princess Madeline's favor in jewelry selections lies in necklaces. This one was a show stopper, just amazing, IMO. Last night's necklace was amazing as well, it looked like vines of diamonds. Even when Madeline wears the multi strand pearl collar, it looks stunning. I personally liked the Romanesque feel of the diamond headband in her toused hair, and thought it appropriate for the event.

I would like to see better close-up of the headband. It looks really lovely, very romantic detail. The necklace is also very pretty. She is really 'diamond girl' :)

The jewels were perfection. Loved the hair with the diamonds and necklace looks great with this dress. Wonderful choices.

Thank you very much! Her hair is beautiful and the way she arranged the diamond necklaces, exquisite. Both she and her sister make great use of the diamonds in this manner.

Unfortunately the one piece of jewellery that she is unlikely to be wearing again will be her lovely engagement ring!

So true Muriel! Does anyone think Madeleine will keep the ring? At least! :cool:

The above jewels are all fantastic! I loved her bracelets. :flowers:

Probably not. I would think it in bad taste for a princess or anyone to keep a diamond ring for an ending engagement, although I know some women who were treated badly who have kept the ring and sold it!

Madeleine is one of those then... :cool: We'll hear it sooner or later. ;)

Better to keep it than risk it becoming some kind of souvenir sold to the highest bidder, or a sideshow attraction like the "engagement" ring Dodi gave to Princess Diana.

At yesterday's gala dinner Madeleine was the only one who didn't wear a tiara. Instead she wore the same diamond necklace in her up-do which Victoria wore last year on the same occacion and which just appeared on new official photos of Victoria. It stood out more when worn in Victoria's straight hair and somehow got lost in Madeleine's curls. And I also wonder what the message behind this is. Doesn't she like to wear tiaras, or is she forced to stand back behind the CP?
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/kungens-nobelmiddag-2009/madeleine2.jpg
http://svenskdam.se/wp-content/gallery/kungens-nobelmiddag-2009/madeleine-3.jpg
I didn't notice any of the royals wearing a tiara?!

I didn't notice any of the royals wearing a tiara?!
Auntie, you are quoting my comment on last December's nobel dinner when Madeleine wore a diamond bracelet in her hair while the Queen, P. Victoria and Princess Christina wore tiaras.:whistling:
Of course no tiaras were worn at the pre-wedding dinner. (Unless you count the modern fringe tiara worn as necklace be P. Madeleine)
At the wedding today Madeleine looked stunning with the Connaught tiara, worn for the first time by her. Actually the royal website said that she is wearing her own tiara. Another sloppy mistake or was there a last minute change of tiaras? At least the colour of her gown would fit her own, very small aquamarine tiara.

Wow... Madeleine looked great in the tiara and blue gown. I liked her smile in that last picture. She truly does look happy. It's nice to see her smile. Nice tiara and necklace.

Auntie, you are quoting my comment on last December's nobel dinner when Madeleine wore a diamond bracelet in her hair while the Queen, P. Victoria and Princess Christina wore tiaras.:whistling:
Of course no tiaras were worn at the pre-wedding dinner. (Unless you count the modern fringe tiara worn as necklace be P. Madeleine)
At the wedding today Madeleine looked stunning with the Connaught tiara, worn for the first time by her. Actually the royal website said that she is wearing her own tiara. Another sloppy mistake or was there a last minute change of tiaras? At least the colour of her gown would fit her own, very small aquamarine tiara.
oops, sorry!:blink:

Actually the royal website said that she is wearing her own tiara. Another sloppy mistake or was there a last minute change of tiaras? At least the colour of her gown would fit her own, very small aquamarine tiara.

Where does it say that?
All I can find is.

Princess Madeleine is wearing what is known as the processional jewels (intågssmycket). The piece was given to the newly named Swedish Crown Princess Victoria for her procession into Stockholm following her wedding in Karlsruhe in 1881. Victoria was given the necklace by her husband, Crown Prince Gustaf (V). The necklace is made of Ceylon sapphires, baroque pearls and diamonds.

Something is wrong with the press release about Madeleine jewellery. They don't mention her tiara and apparently earlier (since someone posted here to have read so) they mentioned her own tiara. Does that mean she changed her mind about the tiara and the press office couldn't find a description of the Connaught?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom