Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange, Fashion & Style Part 1: December 2021-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is this dress really similar to the one her mother wore in London to debut the full Stuart, or is it just the color and the sheer cape giving that impression?
In London, Max wore a strapless gown, with a sheer cap. C-A's gown is a sleeveless V necked, with a sheer cap. Similarity in colours, but the gowns are fundamentally differnt, IMO.

I must be the only one but I don't get C-A's style. So far she has not impressed me at all and last night was not different. I think she struggles to dress her shape. But it also hard as her mother has a fantastic evening gown dress sense and shines
It can't be easy for C-A. C-A is slowly stepping into the spotlight. Its a lifelong role, and not an easy one. Further, it isn't a role she sought, its one she was born into. She is also a tall, somewhat Rubenesque lady, not the classic silhouette of a model. Also, her mother is a fantastic dresser, when she gets it right.

To counter all of this, she will need plenty of perspective, self-confidence and guidance. I am sure she will develop all of these in time.

In London, Max wore a strapless gown, with a sheer cap. C-A's gown is a sleeveless V necked, with a sheer cap. Similarity in colours, but the gowns are fundamentally differnt, IMO.
Anyone know how tall C-A is?

It would be nice if someone got her to take the coat off…

…but the dress appears to be a very lovely color on her.

I was wondering whether it was her Prinsjesdag dress but if so, it must have been shortened and the fabric seems a bit different as well.

The princess was more conservatively dressed than her mother and the Spanish queen, both more than twice her age. Perhaps she still needs to get used to the attention. She now hides in the coat and looks like the secretary. Though if it was indeed the green Prisnjesdag dress I understand the fabric would be too thin for the relatively low temperatures right now. She is still very young and finding her own style of course.

Edit: Josine Evers suggests it may be this dress: Womens Dresses | PHASE EIGHT Perry Wrap Maxi Dress Emerald ⋆ Touch A Truck
As it is 84 dollars perhaps it is best covered up, though ideally with a coat that has a hemline on the same level.

Last edited:
The princess was more conservatively dressed than her mother and the Spanish queen, both more than twice her age. Perhaps she still needs to get used to the attention. She now hides in the coat and looks like the secretary. Though if it was indeed the green Prisnjesdag dress I understand the fabric would be too thin for the relatively low temperatures right now. She is still very young and finding her own style of course.

Edit: Josine Evers suggests it may be this dress: Womens Dresses | PHASE EIGHT Perry Wrap Maxi Dress Emerald ⋆ Touch A Truck
As it is 84 dollars perhaps it is best covered up, though ideally with a coat that has a hemline on the same level.

Why should she cover up an $84 dress just because it's $84? If that is indeed the dress she's wearing, it's beautiful. Unless you think it's shameful for her to wear something that inexpensive, in which case I'd say that's a pretty snobbish attitude to have. Wear a coat by all means if the weather necessitates it, but don't ask her to wear umpteen layers to avoid the indignity of being seen in -- GASP! -- something a middle-class woman could afford.

It's the wrong coat to wear with a formal dress, too. If she were cold, they should have given her an elegant shawl or something. This reminds me of before Diana was married and she turned up in a formal dress with a wool coat.

It looks ridiculous to wear a coat at the same time with open toe sandals. Not a good look for this evening.

It looks ridiculous to wear a coat at the same time with open toe sandals. Not a good look for this evening.
A shawl or one her capes would have been a better option ,the coat looked silly at an indoor event.

Pity that she did not remove the coat. As for her dressing more conservative i have the feeling that she is not selfconfident about her bodyshape and there tries to hide it or covering it up.

Pity that she did not remove the coat. As for her dressing more conservative i have the feeling that she is not selfconfident about her bodyshape and there tries to hide it or covering it up.
She is a very pretty girl. It will take time for her to be comfortable.

Queen Maxima wears a 43 for her Shoes , I think Amalia too. Not easy , perhaps made specially for them.

Catharina-Amalia at the King's Day celebration today, April 27, wearing a really nice Max Mara coat (already worn by Máxima and Ariane and a Ba&sh dress underneath:

** Full view ** Full view ** Full view **

A lovely outfit! The butterfly is a reference to the city of Emmen they are visiting which is known as butterfly city because of the famous butterfly garden in the Zoo.

Isn't it wonderful how she is using a coat that has been used by her mother and sister before. Much better than buying a similar coat when this one is readily available in their closets.

Catharina-Amalia at the King's Day celebration today, April 27, wearing a really nice Max Mara coat (already worn by Máxima and Ariane and a Ba&sh dress underneath:

** Full view ** Full view ** Full view **
I like her dress, but I'm taking points off for having a coat that is the wrong length for the dress. This is the second time in two weeks she's worn a coat much shorter than her dress.

I never understand why the coat and the dress must be in the actual same length. Even if her coat is much shorter or longer I will still probably call it a lovely look as the two pieces just go well together. And how many coats or dress she needs if they all must be in same length?

I never understand why the coat and the dress must be in the actual same length. Even if her coat is much shorter or longer I will still probably call it a lovely look as the two pieces just go well together. And how many coats or dress she needs if they all must be in same length?

It's just tradition (think of Elizabeth II and all her coats and dresses... although it's not the most fabulous thing if Amalia has to take style inspiration from someone eighty years older). Also it doesn't look well if your dress hangs below the coat, generally. But perhaps Amalia needs to start a new trend.

Not easy for Amalia to be Queen Maxima's daughter who wants the Show on her.
Amalia was dressed as a future Queen same length or not! Such a real Kindness , I appreciate.

Back
Top Bottom