Princess Benedikte Jewellery

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Queen Sophia's Star and Pearl Tiara

At first I did not like this tiara, but it eventually grew on me. I think it's elegant and unique. I love the pearls mixed with the stars. Not one of my favorites, but a very lovely tiara in my opinion.

Princess Benedikte wears her jewels so well,of all the ladies who worn it I think it suits Princess Benedikte the best.Its varied history is also quite interesting and a joy to read!

Princess Benedikte wore the fringe tiara from her husband's grandmother at yesterday's State Banquet for the Dutch Visit. The necklace is part of a longer necklace that was once owned by Queen Alexandrine. It was split in two and Queen Anne-Marie now owns the other part. Last not least she wore a large floral brooch. If I'm not mistaken the brooch is also the centre piece of the floral tiara which she got for her 18th birthday.

robin20150317_8813.jpg | Robin Utrecht | Photoshelter

Princess Benedikte is a very regal and elegant lady,the fring tiara suits her very well.

and her half Queen Alexandrine necklace , all was perfect .

Is this a different fringe tiara from the one Princess Benedikte wore earlier this week or are they the same?

It is the same tiara. The last pic in the blog even is from the Dutch State Visit (note the bright orange order). It is one of my favourite fringe tiara. Maybe that is because of the slightly curved shape of the spike. It does not look as sharp and spikey as some other fringes do.

What a nice idea to have split Queen Alexandrine's necklace.
Queen Anne Marie wore the other half yesterday too with 3 emerald pendants.

Princess Benedikte's jewels from the second gala dinner for her sister's birthday on April 16:

In the first pic you can see the matching brooches on her neckline although they don't really show up will in her printed dress.

*All images have been heavily cropped, comprising less than 20% of the original versions and are not subject to copyright

Humera , great thanks for you pictures.
She wore the bracelet as necklace the day before .... How did she do to shorten it ?

Humera , great thanks for you pictures.
She wore the bracelet as necklace the day before .... How did she do to shorten it ?

Either the necklace is designed to split into 2 bracelets with a clasp, or she has a bracelet in addition to the necklace.

I think that there are several claps hidden inside the bracelet/necklace links. So it would be very easy to wear it at different lenghts. This necklace must be her favourite because she wears it so often. But I don't think she has that many major necklaces. Isn't there as well a diamond riviere? And then there are some gorgeous amthysts, I think.

I nearly overlooked the brooches on the print cloth. Are they the side parts of the floral tiara? I know that the tiara centre is an old brooch, but am not sure about the sides.

What a nice idea to have split Queen Alexandrine's necklace.
Queen Anne Marie wore the other half yesterday too with 3 emerald pendants.

I agree, long necklaces of the type are hardly used nowadays.

She has a nice collection. Not huge but enough to mix around for alot of different looks.

I agree, her collection is quite nice. And she has opportunities to air her jewels from time to time. Benedikte has more tiara events than some queens do! I also like the history behind some of her jewels.

I forgot where the stunning amethyst neckace orignates from. Is it a Danish or a Berleburg jewel?

I don't like so much this tiara. Something miss i don't know.

Last edited:
I like all Prss Benediktes tiaras. She has some very lovely jewels and is quite innovative in her use of them. Exactly as you would expect from a classy elegant lady. She is a great Ambassador for the Royal family and for the Danish people. She obviously loves her role as Princess as I wish her all the very best for the future.

Princess Benedikte certainly has some very nice "important" pieces of jewelry (esp. for the "mere" sister of a sovereign). But I've also seen many photos of her at daytime events where she's wearing marvelous brooches/necklaces/earrings that look to be semi-precious rather than precious stones, and I have to say I like those even more. I think she's tremendously elegant and stylish, and makes everything she wears look like a million dollars.:)

Princess Benedikte certainly has some very nice "important" pieces of jewelry (esp. for the "mere" sister of a sovereign). But I've also seen many photos of her at daytime events where she's wearing marvelous brooches/necklaces/earrings that look to be semi-precious rather than precious stones, and I have to say I like those even more. I think she's tremendously elegant and stylish, and makes everything she wears look like a million dollars.:)

Let's not forget that Princess Benedikte is married to the Sovereign Prince of Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg. She has a fabulous Jewel collection commensurate with her position.

Let's not forget that Princess Benedikte is married to the Sovereign Prince of Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg. She has a fabulous Jewel collection commensurate with her position.
I certainly didn't mean to slight Prince Richard, the Sovereign Prince of Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg. It just seems, from what I've observed, that with the exception of the very impressive and beautiful SWB Fringe Tiara (which she honors by wearing frequently), that the rest of her major jewels came to her from inheritance from her parents, not her marriage to the Sovereign Prince of Sayn Wittgenstein Berleburg. Of course, I certainly might be mistaken about this.

Back
Top Bottom