Prince William Current Events 9: May-September 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince William as an officer cadet in a Passing Out Parade at Sandhurst Military Academy
August 11, 2006
Surrey, England, United Kingdom

for pictures from Getty, here's the link :
Sovereign's Parade At The Royal Military Academy

here's some from Tim Graham/Corbis

Attachments

• 42-17180680.jpg
    42-17180680.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 42-17180674.jpg
    42-17180674.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 181
  • 42-17180570.jpg
    42-17180570.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 203
Last edited:
Are there going photos of his sailing?

Last edited:
kpusa1981 said:
Are there going photos of his sailing?

He really looks like soldier material. Very disciplined and sharp looking.

What photos of his sailing do you mean?:)

Chiyo said:
Wait, I thought William was just standing there when the boot-stomping happened. I haven't heard anything about his being involved otherwise.
From what I gathered from some of the stories I keeping reading and it kept mentioning William and witnessing this that he may have had a part in reporting back to the brass.:)

Skydragon said:
One of my mob was wearing his boots when the instructor sprinkled gravel on them and proceeded to 'grind' it in. It has always happened and like in the USA, instructors shouting and making life hell is normal. :rolleyes:
It's great to have a frame of reference to what the fellows are doing in training. Since we spent so much time polishing our boots, any kind of 'kicking or throwing or grinding' anything on a beautifully shined boot was offensive could really make one angry.

Looking at the shine of William's & Harry's boots and shoes, they seemed to have spent a lot of time on theirs as well.:rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:
royalgertjan said:
wow great photo's! William is Cool!

Indeed they were. William was impeccable and well disciplined in his marching. A well oiled machine they all were. Papa must be proud.

Last edited:
I would like larger verisons of these pics.
1pixel.gif

604607G
604607C
604607B
604619B
604621AM
not every picture on the page comes up when you click

Last edited:
So, is William on break from Sandhurst now?

Isn't he on his adventurous training expedition, perhaps they havn't gone yet?

Poor little thing, when he gets back from that he will have to start applying to whichever regiment he wants to get into. If anyone wants to turn him down, at least it will be done discreetly!

Last edited:
Skydragon said:
Do you think someone should tell 'Hello' that William and all the recruits are carrying SA80's? :lol:

You have sharp eye! :ROFLMAO:
Though personally I wouldn't notice the difference between SA80 and AR80 even if someone tried very hard to explain, I am no great shakes with guns (obviously), though, funny enough, I shoot pretty well (we had defense classes at school, where they taught us to shoot, I usually got 4 of 5 at the very least).

kpusa1981 said:

I don't think there is any significance to the passing out photos, of course the main attraction (those who have passed out) will be at the front. :)

The crossed rifles means that he has gained his marksman badge.

Why didn't Harry have the Marksmanship badge even in April?

Skydragon said:
The crossed rifles means that he has gained his marksman badge.

What photo can you see that badge in? I haven't picked it up yet. Thanks.:)

HRH Kimetha
It is on abacausa.com. Click on PEOPLE and when the first page comes in click on the arrowed box that says show next than click om W. almost done cruse down and click on Prince William and lastly the pics comes up it is first phpto in the second row.

kpusa1981 said:
Why didn't Harry have the Marksmanship badge even in April?

Not every oc takes it or passes it.

Skydragon said:
Not every oc takes it or passes it.
Booth William and Harry are supposed to be crack shots. Harry peobably did not take.

kpusa1981 said:
HRH Kimetha
It is on abacausa.com. Click on PEOPLE and when the first page comes in click on the arrowed box that says show next than click om W. almost done cruse down and click on Prince William and lastly the pics comes up it is first phpto in the second row.

Thanks for leading to the picture. I saw it and it makes one proud to see him advance in his training. Always read he was a good shot.

kpusa1981 said:
Both William and Harry are supposed to be crack shots. Harry probably did not take.

All oc's have to do training for shooting. There are many parts they have to pass, Deliberate Fire, Grouping, Time Limit, Snap. To pass the marksman 'test' you have to be good at all disciplines. For instance in Grouping the idea is to fire all the rounds into the smallest diameter, Deliberate Fire - the target is marked with concentric scoring rings. The shooter aims at the centre of the target with the intention of placing the shot as near to the centre as possible, the nearer the centre the higher the score.
When it comes down to the wire the difference can be as little as 96/120 for a skilled shot or 100/120 for a marksman.

Last edited:
Is there any way for Harry get since done Sandhurst?
This it is done in the Us I don't kind of scores need each level.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]AEROWEAPONS[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]FIELD ARTILLERY[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]MORTAR[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]SMALL BORE PISTOL[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]AA ARTILLERY[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]FLAMETHROWER[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]PISTOL[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]SMALL BORE RIFLE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]AUTO RIFLE [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]GRENADE[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]RE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]COILLESS RIFLE[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]SUBMACHINE GUN[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]BAYONET[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]MACHINEGUN [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]RIFLE [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]TANK WEAPONS[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]CARBINE[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]MISSILE[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica]ROCKET LAUNCHER[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]
[/FONT]These are the different someone could qualify in and get an addional bar for.
http://www2.powercom.net/~rokats/todaybadges.html

Nothing as taxing for the marksman qualification here for oc's.

9mm Browning Pistol and the SA80 are the 2 weapons involved at this stage. There are many shooting qualifications he will be able to train for, some compulsary, some voluntary.

Harry can of course retake his 'test' at any time but, I would think he is more involved in using the 'big stuff' at the moment. Just because he didn't get the marksman grade while at RMAS, doesn't mean he is a rotten shot. The wind could have been bad that day, he might have been having an off day, all sorts of reasons.:ermm:

Skydragon or anyone
Does anyone know if William at Belmoral or Sailing with 11 other and an instructor in the Mediterranean?
Why haven't there been any pics of him since the passing out Parade?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom