Prince William Current Events 7: January-February 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does make you wonder if all the other stories about Guy Pelly were ever true.

What an irresponsible article. The title implies that William was caught with drugs...buts its really his friend, who it appears was set up!

Isn't there a law for encouraging drug use? The so-called reporter should be prosecuted for supplying drugs and defamation of characters.

Skydragon said:
I'm sure many of us have been unwittingly close to drug deals, unless you are looking for one, how would you know?:D
Perhaps they have a sign.:confused:

at a fashion show you can say 'do i smell chanel?' to get cocaine. (maybe Mary could test that some time).

seriously though, this is headline grabbing at its worst. with both William and Harry doing respectable things like jogging and marching all day long at Sandhurst they have to come up with nonsense like this to keep selling papers. they must have it very rough right now.

I again agree with you pollyemma.

Must be a real slow press these last few weeks. We hear about drugs, sex talk and marriage talk. I don't give any off theses press reports any validation.

Kate and Will's holiday haven gets £80,000 facelift
..........................Now a 120-year-old Scottish cottage has been given an £80,000 facelift so the young couple can use it as a bolthole during the royal family's annual holiday in August...............
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2006/02/13/willandkate/

Photo from HELLO magazine

Attachments

• willkate-dop2a.jpg
    willkate-dop2a.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 155
pollyemma said:
at a fashion show you can say 'do i smell chanel?' to get cocaine.

Crumbs, I am so glad you told me. :D

If I said that to get drugs (which I wouldn't), someone would say, Yes it's No 5.

Last edited:
Zonk1189 said:
What an irresponsible article. The title implies that William was caught with drugs...buts its really his friend, who it appears was set up!

they assume guilty by association..which is stupid. they want people to think that if his close friends do drugs then Will has tried drugs or is doing drugs.

Well, I hope the story on post #114 is not true, because there is already a US company named Babykins. It has been around since 1986. So it may not go over well with the original Babykins company.

CATS said:
Well, I hope the story on post #114 is not true, because there is already a US company named Babykins. It has been around since 1986. So it may not go over well with the original Babykins company.

I don't think it matters if there is a company in another country. Companies House checks against it's list of companies in the UK.:)

William and Kate are just starting to get heat from reporters. I guess their love for pubs and being in public is going to change because of this situation. Boy I hope for the monarchy's survival this blows over.:)

georgiea said:
William and Kate are just starting to get heat from reporters. I guess their love for pubs and being in public is going to change because of this situation. Boy I hope for the monarchy's survival this blows over.:)

There is no suggestion that William, Kate or Harry were buying or taking drugs.:)

From reading the various reports I still believe that Guy was handed a cigarette, took a puff from it before realising that:

1. It was wacky baccy
2. He was being photographed.

He has said he didn't know the girl who handed him the ciggy and had no reason to believe that it was not made from ordinary tobacco.

Love how the sun says it appears that none of the royals had anything to do with the drugs...but that's not what the Headline reads. What utter trash!

Zonk1189 said:
Love how the sun says it appears that none of the royals had anything to do with the drugs...but that's not what the Headline reads. What utter trash!

That's the sun for you, utter trash:)

The tabloids are desperate because Will is at Sandhurst (not assessible to them) and they are not catching him in public with Kate either. Kate is being a clever girl and not giving them anything to write about either.

So in a desperate attempt they sent a reporter (pretending to be a drug dealer) to a pub where Will and gang were having a drink. And this pretty much links the supposed drug dealer to William and thats their story. :confused:

Totally bizzare!

The next silly story will probably be about William being within a 10 mile radius of a crime scene therefore is probably a suspected criminal.

You know I hear a lot of you saying that Kate is being clever and staying out of the lime light and not giving the media anything to write about, which I think is true, but at the same time find a little worrying. Sure, she should be quite and everything but I sure do hope that she changes. The royal family of britian according a poll taken when Camilla and Charled suggested that about 60% or more of the population really doesn't care that much about the royal family anymore. Blame Diana all you want, but I believe she is very big reason why America along with the rest of the world pays ANY attention to the royal family. She might have not brought the ideal press, but she brought much needed press to the family. Do you think if Diana was not the mother of William he would be THIS famous? I doubt it. So while we all agree that Kate is a clever girl for staying quite, which I agree with, I also feel that she is not capable of bringing any MORE press to the royal family, unlike Princess Mary. Mary brought attention of the media to her royal family, which you think about in the long run, is VERY clever. I just don't see Kate bringing that sort of attention to the family. She probably, IF she becomes princess, will be forgotten in the upcomming 3-5 years.:) ;)

Laraib said:
You know I hear a lot of you saying that Kate is being clever and staying out of the lime light and not giving the media anything to write about, which I think is true, but at the same time find a little worrying. Sure, she should be quite and everything but I sure do hope that she changes. The royal family of britian according a poll taken when Camilla and Charled suggested that about 60% or more of the population really doesn't care that much about the royal family anymore. Blame Diana all you want, but I believe she is very big reason why America along with the rest of the world pays ANY attention to the royal family. She might have not brought the ideal press, but she brought much needed press to the family. Do you think if Diana was not the mother of William he would be THIS famous? I doubt it. So while we all agree that Kate is a clever girl for staying quite, which I agree with, I also feel that she is not capable of bringing any MORE press to the royal family, unlike Princess Mary. Mary brought attention of the media to her royal family, which you think about in the long run, is VERY clever. I just don't see Kate bringing that sort of attention to the family. She probably, IF she becomes princess, will be forgotten in the upcomming 3-5 years.:) ;)
Imo a lot of William supporters do like him because he does remind them of his mother especially the facial features. :cool:

I think things will be very different for Will and Kate because they will make a very strong partnership and will be seen much more as a royal couple then a prince and a princess tied in a marriage. And so I think the press will be interested in them and I think once Will's married, they will focus on when they will have children and probably on Harry as well if he's not already married by then. :)

The truth is, the press and the BRF need each other.

I think it is also true that less people are interested in royalty in the UK. At least that is my impression. But I don't think there will ever be another Di, nor do I think anybody should try and create one either.

I think much of the population has watched the unhappy marriage of Will's parents unfold right infront of their eyes, so I guess many will be happy to see find a woman who he can grow old with. And from that perspective, they might appreciate Kate's discreetness.

Last edited:
Laraib said:
Do you think if Diana was not the mother of William he would be THIS famous? I doubt it.

Yes of course he would, in Britain.
Whilst members of some other countries only remember the celebrity factor of his mother, most of the British remember that Prince Charles, Queen Elisabeth & Prince Philips son, is the Royal parent that matters.

Skydragon said:
most of the British remember that Prince Charles, Queen Elisabeth & Prince Philips son, is the Royal parent that matters.
I wouldn't say that. He is the parent who does matter practically, but still, Diana is as much of a royal than Charles in people's conscience. Look at how she is still wrongly referred as Princess Diana. I agree that William would have had that much attention outside Britain if he wasn't Diana's son.

Happy Valentine everyone.

Will and Kate are on Hello this week (Hello)

I peeped through the issue and they interviewed many famous royal watchers and journalists (Ingrid Seward, Piers Morgan, etc.) who all unanimous Kate is the best thing to ever grace this planet :p.
Just by memory, the comments were of the kind:
"level-headed, attractive, down-to-hearth, great support to William, never set a feet wrong, intelligent, bla, bla, bla". One person said that the fact that she is a middle-class girl would make the monarchy more relevant.
The only wrong note was James Whitaker who said that she is just a middle-class girl and does dot have the proper background. He says something like: "It does not mater as much as it used to, but it still matters as hell".
That sounds so much like Branchg I am actually wondering if he is not Whitaker in disguise posting on the RF! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Idriel said:
I wouldn't say that. He is the parent who does matter practically, but still, Diana is as much of a royal than Charles in people's conscience. Look at how she is still wrongly referred as Princess Diana. I agree that William would have had that much attention outside Britain if he wasn't Diana's son.

That sounds so much like Branchg I am actually wondering if he is not Whitaker in disguise posting on the RF! :D

He would still be famous in the UK, as Prince Charles and Princess somethings son. Had you heard of his mother before she married Charles, 99.9% of people hadn't, therefore as I said, William would still be known as the son of Prince Charles.:)

Idriel, I think Di definitely raised the profile of the BFR all over the world.

So I guess there is truth in saying that Will is quite famous because of his mother's legacy. I guess you can also see this if you compare the popularity of other young royals eg Caroline of Monaco's children and clearly Will is much more well known the world over.

However, Will is also his father's son so I guess he would have always had a level of curiosity around him regardless of if he'd a different woman as his mother. Di just magnified the popularity imo.
:)

Laraib said:
You know I hear a lot of you saying that Kate is being clever and staying out of the lime light and not giving the media anything to write about, which I think is true, but at the same time find a little worrying. Sure, she should be quite and everything but I sure do hope that she changes.

I actually find that fact rather comforting. I think the media hysteria around Diana hurt the Royal Family in a lot of ways. Their reputation hardly remained intact after the ordeal. Its the price of massive publicity. Every minor flaw is blown up to major proportions.

The Royal Family needs some publicity but its doubtful whether they need much publicity outside of the U.K. I think the lowering in the BRF popularity in the UK, if it exists, is more the result of Tony Blair's pushing the Prime Minister position into a Presidential role like that of George Bush. The more the Prime Minister acts like the President of the United States, then the more likely a country might feel that the monarch and the Royal Family is less relevant and useful in today's society.

Other factors didn't help the Royal Family though. I think the scandals surrounding Diana's and Charles' marriage really created a dent in the reputation of the Royal Family from which they are only now just beginning to recover. But I don't think publicity or lack of publicity is the main factor hurting the Royal Family now.

Prince William/Kate Middleton

I really think people should allow the prince and his girl friend Miss Middleton alone. Allow them the space they need to figure out if the life of royalty is really a life Miss Middleton really wants. I think it's terrible for them to live together before marriage. I thought the Queen was the head of the church.
But than William's witnessed his father living with a woman so son like father.

After the Queen Elizabeth's reign is over I say forget the monarchy. They look like everyone else. What a shame!!

patsy said:
But than William's witnessed his father living with a woman so son like father.

After the Queen Elizabeth's reign is over I say forget the monarchy. They look like everyone else. What a shame!!

I think W&K already lived together when they were still at uni. But they were also sharing a house with others, though we don't know if they shared a room in that house.

Yes, I also think that the BRF will be the first to be obolished in Europe. :rolleyes:

ysbel said:
I actually find that fact rather comforting. I think the media hysteria around Diana hurt the Royal Family in a lot of ways.

The Royal Family needs some publicity but its doubtful whether they need much publicity outside of the U.K.

Very well said Ysbel, we really don't need the media hype again.:(

patsy said:

I think there would be very few in the UK who would agree with you and a lot in the commonwealth countries who wouldn't as well. Most Britons are still not sold on the idea of a republic. :D

Skydragon said:
Yes of course he would, in Britain.
Whilst members of some other countries only remember the celebrity factor of his mother, most of the British remember that Prince Charles, Queen Elisabeth & Prince Philips son, is the Royal parent that matters.

I don't think so.:)
Look at Zara Phillips or Fregie's daughters...None of them recieve HALF the press these men recieve, and I think that has to do a lot with who thier mothers were.:) ;)

melissajames said:
Idriel, I think Di definitely raised the profile of the BFR all over the world.

So I guess there is truth in saying that Will is quite famous because of his mother's legacy. I guess you can also see this if you compare the popularity of other young royals eg Caroline of Monaco's children and clearly Will is much more well known the world over.

However, Will is also his father's son so I guess he would have always had a level of curiosity around him regardless of if he'd a different woman as his mother. Di just magnified the popularity imo.
:)

You know everytime they talk about Prince William or Harry on news, (which lasts about 2-3 minutes:( ) usually starts out like this: "Late Princess Diana's sons, William and Harry," so yes, while they are capable of creating their own press, I am a firm believer that without their mothers help and press, none of us, or should I say, ME would even know what they look like. OK, maybe that's taking it a little far, but I hope you know what I mean.;) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom