Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's always sad when a couple divorce and kids are involved. It really makes me wonder what his "unreasonable behavior" actually is? I have a feeling that they just grew apart since they got married at such a formidable age. She "looks" as if she has matured and he "looks" as if he has not. Maybe that is part of the problem? Or it could be the other way around? Who knows.
I too thought they made a mistake getting married so young, but they stayed together for awhile and made things work for the boys.
I just hope for the boys sake that it doesn't turn ugly all because of money. that would make a sad situation sadder. JMO
unreasonable behavior IMO can just mean he has found somebody else.... such a pity, I used to follow the Lux Royal Family because of Tessy... now I just follow her Instagram...:sad:

unreasonable behavior IMO can just mean he has found somebody else.... such a pity, I used to follow the Lux Royal Family because of Tessy... now I just follow her Instagram...:sad:
There is no evidence for this claim.

Others have explained that this is a rather vague term that is the 'basic' category that is chosen by many couples to be able divorce if there is no other clear ground - as this is one of the two 'quick' ways to get a divorce (see for example here). The other 'quick' category is 'adultery', so the fact that Tessy picked 'unreasonable behaviour' instead of adultery, actually suggest that there is no one else.

:previous:Really other then a few throw backs to her husband, I see nothing that says gold digger. Her posts other then about her son, are about her work with numerous charities, usually getting ready or attending them.

Its a real pity that people cant seem to get passed the idea that she was some 20 year old that tricked a man into marrying her by getting pregnant (which a lot of people thought at the time and sadly seem to still). She has grown up, raised 2 sons, got a top education and now has a successful career.

The debate seems to be over the home in London. Which isn't an unusual argument for a married couple. Certainly isn't the only woman in middle of divorce wanting to continue to raise her children in their family home.

I'm trying not to be to critical of Tessy but I have found her behaviour odd recently and it makes me think she is playing games for some reason. She went on Instagram and reminded people she had not lost her title commenting "if I lose it" which seems odd given the fact most Lux commentators say it is automatically lost upon divorce and why comment on it at all? Then she is online posting pictures of the boys getting certificates for things in school which they actually got months before - why post now and make it seem as if its just happened? Something seemed off to me when she spoke to the Daily Mail when announcing the divorce, why would anyone do that and allow public scrutiny and attention at such a difficult time?

I don't think she tricked Louis into getting pregnant at all but I think she has changed a lot since they married and possibly got a little "above herself".

I can't believe that anyone - Louis, Tessy, MT or Henri - would do anything to disadvantage the boys in all of this, so if they are going to court over finances I have a hard time not believing it's about what Tessy will get personally from the divorce settlement.

I am curious about her, don't know much other than that she was an NCO in the Lux army which is an unusual career for a woman who marries a prince.. and that she had a child with Louis before they got married. I don't know what she's up to now but it seems as if the marriage didn't wrok out. Was it because of their different social classes? Why did they wait till after the baby to get married?

a harsh article from the telegraph
Princess branded 'gold digger' as she takes divorce to UK court

i have to say that especially with her instagram posts, tessy did present herself as a gold digger in recent months.

The fact that they are litigating would suggest that they have been unable to reach a settlement between themselves. They could still settle outside the court process. It is clear there is a big difference between where the two parties stand, otherwise, IMO, the royal family would not like to see something like this go through a court process.

Hmm, it does sound a bit like she has seriously alienated her husband and possibly the Lux RF. Is she a gold digger or is she just trying to hold onot her family home? Did she push Louis into marriage by getting pregnant?

The fact that they are litigating would suggest that they have been unable to reach a settlement between themselves. They could still settle outside the court process. It is clear there is a big difference between where the two parties stand, otherwise, IMO, the royal family would not like to see something like this go through a court process.

Indeed. The grandducal family surely would prefer to avoid fighting in court over the settlement, so they certainly didn't consider Tessy's lawyers proposal as 'reasonable' or even 'close to reasonable' or they would have settled - being a little unreasonable in the eyes of Louis could have worked given the position of the family and their need for damage control but apparently she overplayed her hand, and they rather went to court than give her what she wanted. Apparently, Louis got quite emotional over the accusation of her lawyers that they tried to drag out the case for years, which again would be a very illogical move for the GD family. On the other hand, Tessy might feel as if she is on her own and up to/against the whole GD family, so that might be a factor in why she is fighting so hard for herself.

I was surprised that her lawyer felt the need to deny that Tessy is a golddigger, why comment at all? The fact that Tessy added 'P. de Luxembourg' to her LinkedIn profile (so now it is Tessy Antony, P. de Luxembourg, an absurd name, because she is either the first or the second, not both) after calling herself (only) Tessy Antony for months after their separation also seems a response to the divorce proceedings not going well.

She is obviously using her title as a bargaining tool in the divorce IMO. Maybe she hopes to keep it and will offer to keep it and accept a smaller cash settlement after some weeks of legal arguing.

She is obviously using her title as a bargaining tool in the divorce IMO. Maybe she hopes to keep it and will offer to keep it and accept a smaller cash settlement after some weeks of legal arguing.

That would be the worst imo. She might suggest it but I would hope the GD family won't even consider the offer.

It all sounds odd. I think that since she DID get pregnant before the marriage and was from a much different background to Louis, perhaps the marriage was always a bit uneasy. It does sound as if now that they are divorcing, she's "appealing to the public" via her Twitter or whatever, and that doesn't look good. And yes to be calling her self Tessy Anton P de Lux is an absurd sort of "trailing one's coat" IMO.

a harsh article from the telegraph
Princess branded 'gold digger' as she takes divorce to UK court
i have to say that especially with her instagram posts, tessy did present herself as a gold digger in recent months.
It is unfortunate the divorce is getting bitter.
... And yes to be calling her self Tessy Anton P de Lux is an absurd sort of "trailing one's coat" IMO.
Right you are. Emphasising "I still have a tittle" was odd, indeed.

Last edited:
I don’t believe everything from the Telegraph article. It references the tabloid Privat and Tessy’s bio was removed months after the divorce announcement, not quickly scrubbed from the GDF’s website.

Perhaps the "Tessy Antony, P de Lux" is a way of building her brand before the divorce is final. A transition from "Princess Tessy of Luxembourg" to "Tessy Antony." I don’t follow her Instagram so I only see what others copy / share, some posts which appear to be unnecessary.

Brand? She shoudlnt' have a brand... she's a Royal princess or shes a private citizen. If the LRF want to give her some title when she leaves the marriage.. that's one things...

Tessy won't be completely private. Besides working for British security firm DS-48, she’s co-founder of Professor Without Borders and is UNAIDS Global Advocate for Young Women and Adolescent Girls. She's a guest speaker at various forums and I expect she'll continue networking or working with NGOs.

Can I ask, what's Louis's occupation? Apart from being a dad and being present at some official Luxembourg functions during the year, does he have other duties? Does he work for a company or a "charity"?

I don’t believe everything from the Telegraph article. It references the tabloid Privat and Tessy’s bio was removed months after the divorce announcement, not quickly scrubbed from the GDF’s website.

Perhaps the "Tessy Antony, P de Lux" is a way of building her brand before the divorce is final. A transition from "Princess Tessy of Luxembourg" to "Tessy Antony." I don’t follow her Instagram so I only see what others copy / share, some posts which appear to be unnecessary.

The 'P. of Luxembourg' is a recent addition as I already pointed out. For months she had just 'Tessy Antony' on her LinkedIn profile... So, no not a step in transitioning from Princess Tessy to Tessy Antony, but: Tessy of Luxembourg to Tessy Antony to Tessy Antony, P. of Luxembourg (an impossible, made up combination).

Last edited:
Tessy won't be completely private. Besides working for British security firm DS-48, she’s co-founder of Professor Without Borders and is UNAIDS Global Advocate for Young Women and Adolescent Girls. She's a guest speaker at various forums and I expect she'll continue networking or working with NGOs.

All of this she can continue but as a privage citizen, however, she seems to be clinging to her royal status. She can continue doing anything she likes but most of the positions and opportunities she has had were partly due to her title - not solely, she worked hard and made a clear effort to use her status to promote topics that were close to her heart, she had no obligation to do so; Louis for example didn't. An example of the lesser profiling is that he, like most royals, just uses his surname on LinkedIn ('Louis de Nassau'), not his title.

Last edited:
I would imagine that a lot of her charity work came about as a result of her marrying inot the RF... so while she might want to go on with them, I think getting shirty about "losing her title" etc, isn't wise.

I’m quite surprised by the rumours that she’s attempting to hold on to her title. Mainly because she didn’t have a title on marriage, she knew when they had the baby and wedding after that she wasn’t getting “the whole package”. Obviously Tessy and Louis proved themselves (however necessary) so Henri granted her and the children titles accordingly. She managed three years quite comfortable without anything to her name. I don’t follow them so I don’t know what happened in those three years, what she took on role wise and who she represented.

I don’t know what’s going on but it seems a real shame for them as a family.

The rancour behind the couple’s separation emerged in court yesterday, when the Prince’s aides were accused of having threatened to drag the case out “for years” if Princess Tessy did not settle.

At this point Prince Louis, 31, leaned across the court towards his wife and angrily denied the charge, prompting Mr Justice MacDonald to intervene, saying: “You are adults and I expect you to act like adults in my court room.”

From the Telegraph article :eek::eek::eek::eek:

I’m quite surprised by the rumours that she’s attempting to hold on to her title. Mainly because she didn’t have a title on marriage, she knew when they had the baby and wedding after that she wasn’t getting “the whole package”. Obviously Tessy and Louis proved themselves (however necessary) so Henri granted her and the children titles accordingly. She managed three years quite comfortable without anything to her name. I don’t follow them so I don’t know what happened in those three years, what she took on role wise and who she represented.

I don’t know what’s going on but it seems a real shame for them as a family.

Exactly. She obviously didn't marry him for a title or position. As she didn't get one. And she had no reason to believe she ever would, when they wed. Her husband was basically pushed out of succession and she was the unspoken family member. If anything it speaks more to their relationship that she was willing to be the brunt of a lot of horrible press to be with him. How many people accused her of being a gold digger and trapping him?

She could have been a private citizen. Even after they granted her a title. She could have focussed on school and her career. Instead she chose to use it to make a difference. Did she get her charity work because of who she is? Yes. But what royal could say different, married in or born? That doesn't take away from what she has managed to do. Yes Louis has held a lower profile, perhaps why he isn't really known outside of Luxembourg.

So yes she does have a brand to protect. Should all of her good work go down the drain because she is divorcing? How would that benefit anyone? If she was British and not just living in the UK, Tessy, Princess of Nassau would be her title after marriage, would be proper way to address an ex wife.

She is never going to simply be a private citizen. She is a patron of too many charities not to have a public presence. There simply needs to be a way of handling it.

As for her comments on Instagram, she simply answered a lot of backlash questions, and said she was using her title because she still had one. Simple.

I would imagine that a lot of her charity work came about as a result of her marrying inot the RF... so while she might want to go on with them, I think getting shirty about "losing her title" etc, isn't wise.

I actually think her recent actions are more likely to make those charities she works with cease her association with them than loosing the Princess title ever would.

well that's my point. She seems to be talking on social media, going on about things when it woud be better to remain quiet, sort out her divorce and then if she wants to go on with her work, or if the charities still want her, go on with it.

Exactly. She obviously didn't marry him for a title or position. As she didn't get one. And she had no reason to believe she ever would, when they wed. Her husband was basically pushed out of succession and she was the unspoken family member. If anything it speaks more to their relationship that she was willing to be the brunt of a lot of horrible press to be with him. How many people accused her of being a gold digger and trapping him?

She could have been a private citizen. Even after they granted her a title. She could have focussed on school and her career. Instead she chose to use it to make a difference. Did she get her charity work because of who she is? Yes. But what royal could say different, married in or born? That doesn't take away from what she has managed to do. Yes Louis has held a lower profile, perhaps why he isn't really known outside of Luxembourg.

So yes she does have a brand to protect. Should all of her good work go down the drain because she is divorcing? How would that benefit anyone? If she was British and not just living in the UK, Tessy, Princess of Nassau would be her title after marriage, would be proper way to address an ex wife.

She is never going to simply be a private citizen. She is a patron of too many charities not to have a public presence. There simply needs to be a way of handling it.

As for her comments on Instagram, she simply answered a lot of backlash questions, and said she was using her title because she still had one. Simple.

Well said!

I think these headlines are appalling and I seriously doubt their truth.

Why is she taking all the heat?
P Louis seems to have come out of this squeaky clean.
IMHO she should have the marital home so there's least disruption to the boys. It's not that he would be left penniless.

She has made a difference whilst at the same time studying and raising two children. P Claire, who is closer in the succession, seems to do very little in comparison.

Also would Princess Tessy have been appointed an 'observer' in the Luxembourg Youth Parliament if all was not well?

If I was Princess Tessy I would do more than make comments on Instagram I'd have take legal action against the slander by now.

Well said!

I think these headlines are appalling and I seriously doubt their truth.

Why is she taking all the heat?
P Louis seems to have come out of this squeaky clean.
IMHO she should have the marital home so there's least disruption to the boys. It's not that he would be left penniless.

She has made a difference whilst at the same time studying and raising two children. P Claire, who is closer in the succession, seems to do very little in comparison.

Also would Princess Tessy have been appointed an 'observer' in the Luxembourg Youth Parliament if all was not well?

If I was Princess Tessy I would do more than make comments on Instagram I'd have take legal action against the slander by now.
I absolutely agree with you ! :flowers:

As always, we can never know what goes on behind the closed doors of a marriage. Yes, Tessy was happy to marry a Prince with no succession rights, but whatever else he lost, he obviously was never at a loss for money to support them and their children and to allow them both to complete their education.

Louis' position in society was assured and Tessy, as his wife gained an entree into a lifestyle few can aspire to. Not surprisingly, for a close family, the marriage was regularised and the title HRH Princess bestowed on Tessy.

However given the announcement that upon her decree nisi she lost her titles it is hard to understand why she would go so far as to list a title that she never had and does not acually exist at all. Makes me reexamine her motives.

Calling herself P de Luxembourg is not creating her brand because she was never Princess de Luxembourg and if it were just branding I would understand if she called herself P de Nassau. But talking to the media having previously given an interview asking for privacy coupled with the whole title deal seems like an attempt to drag in the ex-in-laws.

Yes, Tessy managed three years married to Louis without the title 'Princess" but now she is in the unenviable situation where she is no longer Prince Louis' wife and is also no longer a princess.

This tell me that a prenuptial and/or a post-nuptial agreement was not signed.
This was a very stupid move by the GDF, especially given the unconventional union of Louis and Tessy.

Back
Top Bottom