Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events Part 5: August 2013 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
What did I miss???? Where do the genitalia fit in.

I hadn't time to write a summary yesterday.

But some of the ingredients in some of the hotdogs were not traditional.

In one case the hotdogs contained a bull's penis, a cow vagina and testicles from an ox. - Bon appetit. :D
Amazing what they subject royals to... :lol:

A motion picture sequence from BB of Joachim and our Marie at the hotdog-competition: VIDEO: Prins Joachim og prinsesse Marie smagte på hotdogs | BILLED-BLADET

Joachim is, like myself, a great connoisseur of hotdogs, so for him this was a great experience.
The winners came from Kurdistan, and their hotdogs contained lamb.
Kurdistan is culturally speaking about as far away from traditional hotdogs as you can possibly get. But gastronomy has indeed become international.

Notice how Joachim, as the impeccable gentleman he is, allows his wife to take center stage and naturally people greet her first.

At J&M's wedding hotdogs from a genuine hotdog stand (anything else is barbaric) was served as a midnight snack.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: thanks :flowers:
I see starting today that Benedikte will be rigsforstander, while Frederik (with Mary) is in the US. Wonder where Joachim will be this week, maybe something with the defense?

Yes, thanks, Iceflower.

Probably, his job will, as I see it, include quite a bit of traveling to other countries to see how they build up their systems in regards to the reserves.

Prinsesse Marie og prins Joachim til reception hos ambassadøren | BILLED-BLADET

Last night Joachim and our Marie went to an event at the residence of the American ambassador, Rufus Gifford.
He hosted 250 participant from 60 countries who had taken part in Creative Business Cup.
J&M have supported that event before.

The ambassador and his husband will return to USA within a few month, as a result of the election of Donald Trump.

The US ambassador along with the French ambassador have very much put focus on themselves and as such their countries in, in particular Copenhagen, in recent years. And both ambassadors are frequently seen and reported to either host or attend cultural events.

Yesterday evening, November 23, Prince Joachim and Princess Marie attended the Stop Wasting Food and Danish People's Aid charity dinner in Copenhagen.

The aim of the charity dinner was to focus on food waste and to support Danish families who need extra help at Christmas by raising funds for the project CHRISTMAS PROFITS.

** kongehuset.dk: Velgørenhedsmiddag med fokus på madspild **

** ppe gallery ** BB: Prinsesse Marie og prins Joachim til velgørenhedsmiddag på Børsen ** translation **

Last edited:
Thanks, Polyesco. :flowers:

A pity about the weather.
It was a big key the children helped Pjerrot turning in the pad lock.

The amusement park, Bakken (the hill), is domestically speaking more popular than Tivoli, where the tourists otherwise tend to go.
I'm sure we will also PH with friends there during the summer.

While Athena looked very lively I think bette Henrik looked a bit under the weather. - Perhaps asthma?

The kitchen the family is seen in, should be familiar to our Marie. That's reproduction of the set of the Tv-series Matador which Mary and Marie used to learn Danish, but also to learn about Danish culture and mindset. The series is still very popular, so various scenes are reenacted here in the amusement park.

I'm sure one of Laura's cookies helped lift Henrik's spirits a little. Matador is coming back to TV I think.

Looks like they had a great time despite the weather. The children are darling and getting so big.

I'm sure one of Laura's cookies helped lift Henrik's spirits a little. Matador is coming back to TV I think.

No doubt. :)

On Swedish TV? The do a rerun every three years or so here in DK, - with very high ratings each time!

ADDED: A very sweet BB video of the visit to Bakken: VIDEO: Prinsesse Athena og prins Henrik åbnede Bakken sammen med mor og far | BILLED-BLADET

At some point in the kitchen bette Henrik, somewhat unauthorized, reached out a grabbed a piece of cholcolate-cake and began to eat while mother Marie tries to hide her laughter. - I guess the poor boy was hungry.
Towards the end the family is taking shelter and is asked whether they will return when the sun is shining. Our Marie then asks her daughter that question. Mademoiselle Athena nods.
Marie confirms she is a big fan of the series Matador and used it in order to learn Danish.

And here is a genuine chocolate cake: http://spisestuen.dk/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/svampet-chokoladekage-uden-æg-2.jpg
This is what I will call the basic traditional "chokoladekage".
But there are variants - common for all of them is that the calories only begin to count tomorrow...
http://www.femina.dk/sites/femina.dk/files/media/article/1515-chokoladekage-med-lakridscreme.png
http://az809444.vo.msecnd.net/image...-chokoladekage-med-friske-br-skret-ny-web.jpg
http://frukofoedskoekken.dk/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Peanutbutter-chokoladekage-21_FAV_RED.jpg
http://sofiesspisekammer.dk/wp-cont...sk-chokoladekage-et-stykke-november-20121.jpg
http://ruthogruth.dk/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/IMG_8483.jpg

They are ridiculously easy to make and a favorite among grandchildren - and dads... Not least when the bowl with the chocolate dough has be licked clean!
Here is a recipe for another very classic variant with crusty top while the rest is spongy. In Danish, but a think you can figure it out. This is one of the easiest and simple and from there you can move on. Klassens-time-kage - En opskrift fra Alletiders Kogebog blandt over 38.000 forskellige opskrifter på

Thanks, Iceflower :flowers:

A more detailed account from BT: Prinsesse Marie er fan af Matador: Det var sådan jeg lærte at tale dansk | BT Royale - www.bt.dk

Unsurprisingly it was mademoiselle Athena who stole the show.

When the key had been turned, it was back in the carriage to Athena's slight disappointment: "I thought we were going to Bakken". - They were.

Once inside she spotted the roller coaster: "It that the old roller coaster? Yay".

While the family was riding the roller coaster, an onlooker remarked: "Surely, now His Highness can't get any higher up...".

Once back on the ground Athena exclaimed: "It was SO much fun".

Notice the photo where Athena is checking whether her older brother got the same as her.

:previous: Thanks, iceflower. :flowers:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #14, 2017.
Written by Casper Nielsen.

As you know by now J&M and their two children opened the amusement park, Bakken - which is the oldest amusement park in the world still in use. It opened in 1583 as a fairground and has now evolved into an amusement park. In contrast to Tivoli, Bakken was more for "the common people", that is not the case nowadays. But Tivoli is mostly aimed at (skinning) tourists, while the locals visit Bakken.
A part of Bakken is the figure Pjerrot: https://bt.bmcdn.dk/media/cache/resolve/image_1240/image/54/541714/7439515-pjerrot.jpg
I read elsewhere that foreigners saw Pjerrot as a somewhat spooky clown, but the figure is actually hundreds of years old, and in it's present Danish form Pjerrot stems from Italy in the 1500's. Pjerrot is derived from the French name Pierre. - Hence the DK expression: Acting like a French clown.
In contrast the in modern terms much more well-known circus clown, usually Gustav, and his partner, the know-it-all white clown are also very old. Their appearance is a mockery of Ottoman attire in the 1400's.
http://c8.alamy.com/comp/CT3WBY/circus-roncalli-white-clown-jann-rossi-CT3WBY.jpg
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ruNuMsSpOb8/TH6j7td7PnI/AAAAAAAAATI/8FeH7l6ZAiE/s1600/S9669.jpg
http://c7.alamy.com/comp/AR3XCT/clowns-paulos-circus-AR3XCT.jpg
In particular the Ottoman elite forces, the Janitsars.

Anyway, the family was met at the gate by Pjerrot and his grandchild and Henrik and Athena were asked to help turn the key in a giant padlock in order to open the park.
Well inside, the children were presented to gifts, in the shape of a toy dog, a paintbook and a toy made from tin, a reproduction from the 1930's.
The presenter said afterwards: "We welcomed them back to the countryside and presented the children with two little cloth-dogs. Princess Athena must be in the teddy-bear-age, because that was a genuine success".

The weather was pretty miserable so the family went inside a reproduction of a kitchen depicted in an extremely popular TV-series in DK, named Matador. Here Athena and Henrik immediately spotted pastry on the table and sucked all nourishment out of it with their eyes, before bette Henrik, somewhat unauthorized, reached out and grabbed a piece. :lol:
Inside the kitchen they were met by an actor who played the cook, Laura. Joachim asked: "Have You (formal You) been baking all day"?
Our Marie said about the series: "I'm a big fan of Matador. That's how I learned Danish". (Mary also used the series as an introduction to Denmark, the Danes and Danish). But the children are still too young to appreciate the series, so that will be shown to them later on.
Henrik looked around in the kitchen from around 1930, spotted the owe, or rather the stove and asked: "Do you (plural) use this all the time"? Presumably he's never seen such a weird contraption before. How do you even turn it on?? :ermm:

In connection with the sets is a restaurant and also here the family was shown around. Henrik and Athena being baffled over the sight of a 600 liter pot. They'd never seen such a big pot before.

But in between the showers the family enjoyed other of the amusements in the park and what asked by the journalists what was the most fun, the somewhat shy children whispered to dad, who replied for them: "The roller coaster". :cool:

Velvet is the choice of the laid back, but perfectly attired gentleman. :cool:

Prince Joachim, Princess Marie, Prince Henrik and Princess Athena participated in the presentation sailing of the Skoleskibet (School Ship) Danmark from Vedbæk to Copenhagen today, May 17:

** BB: VIDEO: Prinsesse Athena og prins Henriks dejlige dag på havet ** translation **

Thank you, Iceflower. :flowers:

A wonderful video.
Mademoiselle Athena seemed a bit apprehensive at first. Something about the big water perhaps?
But she seems to have regained her composure later on.

The best part was towards the end. Marie was telling about the trip when Athena appeared in the door: "When are we going to drive home"? Daddy: "In a moment". - Athena rolling her eyes back: "Øøøvv"! :lol:
Øv = childish expression expressing disappointment or in this case displeasure.

Nice video - I love Athena's curly hair! :) There's also a brief video on the DRF Facebook page, which features an excellent women's choir. I think it may be the DR Pigekor (sp?) which has some videos on YouTube. Does anyone know the name of the song they're singing?

Nice video - I love Athena's curly hair! :) There's also a brief video on the DRF Facebook page, which features an excellent women's choir. I think it may be the DR Pigekor (sp?) which has some videos on YouTube. Does anyone know the name of the song they're singing?

That must be a question for FasterB. :)
Try PM her she's not on TRF every day.

Thank you, Iceflower. :flowers:

A wonderful video.
Mademoiselle Athena seemed a bit apprehensive at first. Something about the big water perhaps?
But she seems to have regained her composure later on.

The best part was towards the end. Marie was telling about the trip when Athena appeared in the door: "When are we going to drive home"? Daddy: "In a moment". - Athena rolling her eyes back: "Øøøvv"! :lol:
Øv = childish expression expressing disappointment or in this case displeasure.

This must be the moment lol;)
http://dkvivejoachimetmarie.d.k.pic.centerblog.net/MARRANTE.jpg

Nice that the kids joined them at this event

Back
Top Bottom