Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GlitteringTiaras

Heir Apparent
City
.a
Country
United States
:flowers: Welcome to Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier Current Events: Part 2.

This is the topic where you can post current news, articles, picture links, and comments about the couple. You can read the old discussion, Part 1, here.

However please remember TRF Rules:

• In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
Enjoy!

Lasse Pederson, Mandy, Adry, and GT:flowers:
The Danish Moderating Team

Well I think I will give her the credit and lets hope for some news!They had fun this week and enjoy themselves and it looks like the Queen supports this relation so lets hope for the best! IMO she is different from Alexandra she has a rebellious temperament and maybe that is what Joaquim is looking for!
Does someone knows if she visited Mary over the weekend? Hope they will become friends!

In those new pictures, both of them look happy and really good, I think they complement each other well. If there will ever be an engagement between these two, it will definately please me :flowers:

(=New babies :D )

Where does she stays when she is in Denmark?

MissSaga said:
In those new pictures, both of them look happy and really good, I think they complement each other well. If there will ever be an engagement between these two, it will definately please me :flowers:
Yes, it would please me too. At the beginning I wasn`t fond of Marie but then I had a "good" reason as Princess Alexandra was the first royal I was interested in, I admired her for a long time and the divorce was a big desilusion for me, but the life changes and I can`t hate every Joachim`s girlfriend ;) . And to be honest, Marie seems to be kind and friendly person, beautiful and in love with Joachim, so if he decide to marry her and make her new danish princess I will accept her. I have always found Joachim very sympathetic (more then his boring brother - sorry Frederik) and wish him happiness.

One thing I like her:
She likes animals, me too ;-))))

In this week's edition of Billed Bladet the journalist comments on the relationship between Marie and Joachim as well as Alexandra and Martin.

According to the weekly magazine, the writer notes that both couples are very happy; furthermore, have an outstanding respect for one another. The article goes on to say that "Joachim so pleased..." and that everything between all parties is a "merry" one. The journalist also says that Alexandra is "...fortunate to his marriage by March Jørgensen" and that she is happy that Joachim has found "luck" with Marie.

Finally, the article discusses the party last Saturday, and that everyone, Marie, Joachim, Alexandra and Martin were all relaxed and happy around each other.:flowers:

*This was a rough summary translation (my own words), so if I made any mistakes, I'm sorry.*

According to the gossip page at TV2's website - TV 2 Vip - Joachim gav Marie ring til 25.000 - Joachim has bought Marie a ring from famous Danish jeweller Georg Jensen. It is a socalled 'Fusion' ring. Marie was seen at the Tivoli event wearing a ring which Georg Jensen admit looks like their Fusion ring. The jeweller's is quoted for saying that the ring is usually never bought as an engagement ring but more like a 'we-are-more-than-frinds' type of ring.
The story comes from a person who was in the Georg Jensen shop in early March when Joachim suddenly appeared and paid DKK 25,000.00 for the 18 carat white and red gold ring with diamonds.

i really liked the photos of marie in geneva, she looks so relaxed. she seems like a really confident, easy going person.

thanks for the information, userdane, on the ring by georg jensen. it's quite a sweet detail from him, even when it isn't an engagement ring, it may just be a nice present. it seems georg jensen is pretty close to the danish family, mary also wore some jewelry designed by him.

do you think margrethe would permit (in the future) joachim marrying marie? and if so, do you think he will still hold his title and rights to the throne? will marie receive the title of princess? i'm just saying as with all the divorce issue, the scandalous photos of joachim flirting with a girl in a discotheque, alexandra re-marrying... perhaps margrethe wishes them to keep a more private relationship for the sake of the royal family and its reputation. besides, having two princesses named the same would be quite confusing, don't you think? (not that it is a reason for not marrying or not giving her a title, but it adds up... princess mary and princess marie...). i however want them to marry, since the danish royal family seems male-dominated and with only 3 princesses (mary, benedikte and lillepigen) and 6 princes, so marie would be a lovely addition for a family in need of princesses!

Last edited:
Hi Carlota:flowers: - you can se more from the Georg Jensen jewellery firm here if you want to - Georg Jensen - Jewellery. This jewellery firm is definitely used a lot by the Danish royals - they are quite pricey - but nice. I would commit all sorts of unspeakable crimes just to own the Georg Jensen jewellery set which Mary has ;)

As to the name confusion in case Joachim marries Marie - I don't think that would be an issue at all in Denmark - the two names are still pronounced fairly differently.
But I guess that many would like to see Joachim happily married again - preferably with more children. I cannot imagine that Margrethe would put obstacles in his way for a marriage. She has been pretty generous in her treatment of her ex-daughter in law after all and I would suspect the same from her with regard to her own son.

UserDane said:
As to the name confusion in case Joachim marries Marie - I don't think that would be an issue at all in Denmark - the two names are still pronounced fairly differently.
But I guess that many would like to see Joachim happily married again - preferably with more children. I cannot imagine that Margrethe would put obstacles in his way for a marriage. She has been pretty generous in her treatment of her ex-daughter in law after all and I would suspect the same from her with regard to her own son.

I think it is really touching and sweet when listening to Danish TV presenters when they talk about Mary - they speak Kronprinsesse with a typical (at least for me) Danish lilt and language melody but then add a very English Mary, spoken with only a slight hint of Danish accent. It is so polite to try to speak the name like she is used to it. I'm sure they would say the name Prinsesse Marie with a very Danish "prinsesse" and then a very Frenchy sounding "Marie". No problem then to distinguish these two languages.

I believe Mary was lucky to marry to Denmark and not the UK because the media in Denmark seems to be far more polite and respectful than their British Tabloid counterparts.

As for Joachim and Marie: Alexandra seems to be a far more reserved person than Marie. In the same way Joachim seems to be more reserved than Frederick, eg, who loves to carry his heart on his sleeve. IMHO Jaochim felt comfortable and secure with Alexandra - a way marriages work out well enough if it has to be. In former centuries I'm convinced both would have stayed married and appeared impeccable in public while privetely live together more like brother and sister. A lot of Royals did that in the past. As it is both found a new love so probably talked about their marriage and decided to end it, but end it as friends.

Now both Joachim and Alexandra have new partners who appear to be fun. Good for them. Why should the two couples not be friends? And why should Joachim not marry Marie if she decides that his way of life is something she can accept (or do you see him giving up his farm and going as an UN-envoy for Denmark to Geneva?).

IMHO the queen will want honesty from both and then grant her permission if both want to get married on the understanding that they will act like responsible adults. IMHO Joachim showed that he knows how to select a suitable wife and finish a relationship in style. Why should the queen not be convinced that he can make a second choice that won't hurt his family?

Marie has a new ring.....

TV2 is reporting (following Se & Hør) that Prince Joachim has given Marie a gift of a ring from Georg Jensen - but it is not an engagement ring. Neverthless, it is another sign of the deepening of the relationship.

Joachim gave Marie a ring worth 25.000 DKK

When Marie Cavallier went to the wedding.. Read article here

I have to say, I do not much like the ring. It looks a bit like a serpent if you ask me. But there you go. In the end it is more the sentiment than the gift itself.

you are right. joachim and alexandra behaved amazingly well during their divorce and after divorcing. even the wedding of alexandra was very low key. they both remained good friends (at least to the eyes of the world) and nikolai and felix seem as happy as before.

i actually didn't very much like mary's georg jensen set when i saw it for the first time. i'm not a big fan of chunky gold jewelery because sometimes it gives the impression it is far too much or too pretentious. i'm starting to like it a bit more now, though. i'm not too fond either of the ring, i must say. i saw some georg jensen pieces in a shop next to where i live (mainly nice decor for the house) and they seemed much nicer, with cleaner, abstract lines. perhaps i'll start to like it with time.

does anyone know, by the way, who designed alexandra's and mary's engagement/wedding rings?

Not too fond of the rings, but it’s the thought of it that counts. Joachim & Marie make a good couple & I think she’ll be a good step-mother to his two adorable sons.Also at the party Marie looked nice, Alexandrea still acting with so much grace, yes she might not be a princess anymore but she knows what is to be done. Joachim seems to be an understanding person.

I love to see the photos in Geneve!She must really love her cutty dog because she is always walking him/her!!!!!! I enjoy that on Marie and also on Mary that loves her dog Ziggy!

carlota said:
i'm not a big fan of chunky gold jewelery because sometimes it gives the impression it is far too much or too pretentious. i'm starting to like it a bit more now, though. i'm not too fond either of the ring, i must say. i saw some georg jensen pieces in a shop next to where i live (mainly nice decor for the house) and they seemed much nicer, with cleaner, abstract lines. perhaps i'll start to like it with time.

I don't think that Mary's Georg Jensen jewellery was gold but Sterling silver - in the 'jugend' style as it was called here (more or less like art nouveau). Georg Jensen's silver jugend style jewellery looks like this - Georg Jensen Sterling Grape Brooch at Lindas Unique Antique and Georg Jensen sterling pin hanging Grapes at Lindas Unique Antique

Must admit I think these pieces are gorgeous.

Wow, a ring. I know it's not THE ring, but still. I'm happy for her.

Maybe this weekend is Joaquim turn to be in Geneve visiting Marie!!!!

it looks like things are really serious. I hope there is news of an engagemnt soon. What do the Danish think of her?

GlitteringTiaras said:
It's a beautiful gesture on Joachim's part and Marie is lucky to have such a nice piece of jewelry.

That's for sure- i wouldn't knock back that kind of gesture from my husband !!! :flowers:

Well this design is very nice and simple-I love the effect of blending two colors of metal together on a flat surface to make a pattern.

Okay, I know I'm way late on this and you guys have probably moved beyond this but Marie looks a lot like Princess Mary. OMG!!! I said it, I'm moving on. No personal attacks please; be kind to me.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
kerry said:
Okay, I know I'm way late on this and you guys have probably moved beyond this but Marie looks a lot like Princess Mary. OMG!!! I said it, I'm moving on. No personal attacks please; be kind to me.:ROFLMAO:

Kerry, you are not the only person who has this opinion.
I still mix some pictures of Marie and Mary up even if I´ve seen many pictures of these two ladies, this happens especially when they are taken alone without Joachim or Frederik on the side.

kerry said:

Don't worry about the personal attacks kerry. I think Mary and Marie look alike too.

PrincessDianafan said:
it looks like things are really serious. I hope there is news of an engagemnt soon. What do the Danish think of her?

I personally feel Marie is very similar to Sarah, the Duchess of York, who is uninhibited and fun-loving and complements Prince Andrew in this respect. In the same way, Marie would deal well with Joachim, who is known as the Playboy Prince. But courtship is very different from marriage. I just hope she would be able to survive what royal marriage and duties entail. I have great sympapthy for the sufferings and misery of Diana, Princess of Wales and poor Crown Princess Misako of Japan.

Exlibrarian said:
I personally feel Marie is very similar to Sarah, the Duchess of York, who is uninhibited and fun-loving and complements Prince Andrew in this respect. In the same way, Marie would deal well with Joachim, who is known as the Playboy Prince. But courtship is very different from marriage.
How could Joachim possibly be known as the playboy prince when he goes from one long term relationship to another?

Before he met and became engaged to Alexandra, at the age of 25, he had dated the same woman for 5 years, from his late teens. He then was married for 9 years, it was Alexandra in the later part of the marriage who formed a 'friendship' with her current husband. Joachim was divorced a few months and then entered into another long term relationship with Marie. He's hardly got the track record of a playboy, he's always been the more serious type in contrast to his brother Frederik who did have a string of short term relationships. From models to pop singers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlotte1 said:
How could Joachim possibly be known as the playboy prince when he goes from one long term relationship to another?

Before he met and became engaged to Alexandra, at the age of 25, he had dated the same woman for 5 years, from his late teens. He then was married for 9 years, it was Alexandra in the later part of the marriage who formed a 'friendship' with her current husband. Joachim was divorced a few months and then entered into another long term relationship with Marie. He's hardly got the track record of a playboy, he's always been the more serious type in contrast to his brother Frederik who did have a string of short term relationships. From models to pop singers.
He was dubbed by the magazines as such when they took pictures of him drinking and dancing and flirting with girls in nightclubs . The pictures were splashed all over the fron pages amid rumours of his marriage on the rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom