Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 29: October - November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, these pictures are absolutely beautiful. I love the way they both look. Felipe looks so incredibly handsome here :wub: I can't wait to read his article, and hopefully see some pictures

madeleine victoria said:
I agree with you 100%:)

I'm sharing totally your enthousiasm about this couple, but not because they are perfect, because they aren't " the perfection isn't of our world" but because very alive, with all the difficultuies that it's included, and very involving on their duties:)

Another little one from "El Pais", hopefully we will have bigger version soon.

th_03154_premios_123_367lo.jpg

They are such a beautiful couple. One of my favorites.
They are beaming! I can't get over how in love they look. Wonderful.

I love this couple. They seem to have made a decision to be grateful every minute for having found each other. I believe a secret to a great marriage is when both partners decides to remain happy with their choice of spouse and let the partner and world around them know it.

grevinnan said:
I love this couple. They seem to have made a decision to be grateful every minute for having found each other. I believe a secret to a great marriage is when both partners decides to remain happy with their choice of spouse and let the partner and world around them know it.

Nicely put grevinnan, they appreciate each other and that's key to having a great marriage. I love the pics, they look so great, especially S.A.R. Princess Letizia.

Ani

I hope they will do something similar (I mean photosession) on Leonor's birthday...:wub:

LaChicaMadrilena said:
I hope they will do something similar (I mean photosession) on Leonor's birthday...:wub:

We can only hope.:angel: Thanks for the great pics everyone. They look so great together.

Thank you so much Referns!!! You are a star!!!:flowers:

Perfectly agree with Anna_R, you are a true star Redferns!
The second picture is so great! :wub:

There are only two photos:neutral:
bigger scans:

source: EPS
I'll scan the article later

Thanks Redferns:flowers:
Wow, Leti is very beautiful!!

Redferns said:
bigger scans:

Thanxs so much Redferns... U make my day.
What a perfect couple.... :wub:
Any new picture of Leonor.. miss her so much........

This is the Prince's article:
http://www.elpais.es/articulo/portada/patrimonio/premiados/elpepspor/20061015elpepspor_5/Tes/

I would like to earnestly thank El Pais for dedicating this special supplement to the 25th Anniversary of the Prince of Asturias Awards and for allowing me, for that reason, to address its readers.

By doing it, I want to express, before anything else, my deep gratitude to all those that have made the Prince of Asturias Awards a fecund reality, even twenty-five years later. My greatest gratefulness goes to the directors and all those who have taken part in the team of the Prince of Asturias Foundation, to the Members of the Patronage, to the Juries, the staff of the Foundation, the media and whoever has contributed, directly or indirectly, to the reached results.

They all have fought for the triumph of the permanent over the ephemeral, so that those who fight to surpass themselves in technical and scientific research, art, humanities and sport can always feel accompanied. To promote solidarity, communication and concord, like carriers of values based on coexistence.

At the same time, they have made possible the reorganization of all the innumerable citizens, whose daily and quiet effort, assuming responsibilities and intensifying illusions make our world grow up bigger and bigger. In some way, the awardees also represent all those who lack their own voice. Thus did Claudius Magris express, when, when receiving his award: "I would have to share this Prize with all the co-authors I have written about; men and women, who have shared my existence and take part of me".

In all, the most valuable fruit of the Prince of Asturias Foundation, our greatest patrimony, is our awardees. It would be impossible to mention in detail all their merits, but I want to emphasize the narrow relation and the deep admiration that unite us and them, as well as their generosity, when receiving our call. And along with them, we would want to continue this exciting task. Because of them and with them, we find the reason for our activity; and with their work, we transmitted our message to the humanity.

Throughout these twenty-five years, I have personally been committed to the ample activity of the Foundation, whether it be congresses and scientific meetings, musical activities, the celebration of conferences of particular interest and so many other initiatives of dynamism, which find their supreme expression in the annual prize giving ceremony, presided by prestigious independent juries.

My esteem, entailment and commitment increased as time passed by and I could understand the importance of their work and learn from the awardees some valuable lessons for life and work.

I have also been able to state with great satisfaction that the Prince of Asturias Foundation is recognized as an excellent element of great cultural patrimony with great international projection; two marks that express with clarity the growth of its social support, its maturity, its root and its prestige.

The birth and the important development of the Foundation were encouraged by the dynamics of a modernization, stability and progress, without precedents that only the frame of coexistence in democracy of our Constitution have provided Spain with. It emphasizes the permanent impulse of the authorities of the Principality of Asturias, as well as the aid of the General Administration of the State, the Patronages and other organizations from the civil society, which interpret therefore the feeling of an ample majority of our citizens.

Asturias, as we well know, has known how to make a modernity motor from its rich history, from its culture, from its landscape, from its sports and gastronomy; a reason of legitimate pride for all the Spaniards. All that constitutes a set of qualities that mark the work of the Foundation and the prize-giving ceremony in Oviedo. To Asturias and all the Asturian people, I address my best affection and gratitude.

During the Prizes, all the prizes, many personal experiences are also mixed; also some of mine, since the September 24th 1980, when I attended in Oviedo the constitution of the Foundation Prince of Asturias, accompanied by the King and Queen; an act when I began to understand how the Crown promotes the yearnings, the hopes and the persistence of whatever fight, in order to obtain an accomplished work, which constitutes a reference for us all.

Today I cannot but ratify those first perceptions and show once again my respects and affection to H. M. the King, for their education, their impulse and determined will to make the personal and collective merit a determining factor of progress for Spain.

Without any doubt, among all the moments lived on occasion of the prize-giving ceremonies, the ceremony of 2004 receives a special emphasis, since I was accompanied for the first time by the Princess of Asturias, who is joint with me, since our marriage, to the deluded eagerness to serve Spain. I retain with special emotion and gratefulness the warm applause with which the assistants wanted to receive the Princess, at her Asturian homeland.

I have left for this moment a memory that the readers will certainly recognize. Among the constant and important endorsements the Prizes have received during the years is emphasized the one of H. M. the Queen, who has always had the amiable gesture of attending every year the well-known ceremony in the Campoamor Theater. I would like to address from these pages all my gratitude to her, along with the appreciation to whoever has collaborated in this fertile initiative.

For me, the last nucleus of the Foundation and of the Prince of Asturias Awards is necessarily the service to Spain, to the Spaniards and to our presence around the world. José Hierro said in his speech that, "after thanking the Jury, the Foundation and the citizen of a land that made possible this beautiful cultural adventure, it is necessary to thank the air; that air that, separating us from the slippery land of metaphor and allegory, is called freedom, the precious freedom of our classic: the air that whatever we created must breathe". To create, to surpass ourselves, to promote concord and to foment solidarity: all this in freedom. Thus I can define, in tightened synthesis, these 25 years of existence of the Prince of Asturias Awards. That is also the substrate of illusion which we approach our present and confront our future with.

Last edited:
Thank you ever Redferns for those scans from yesterday and today!!! :flowers:

In the article from yesterday, from the cover, it was written that the Princes were posing patiently for the photos during almost one HOUR! Just imagine, how many beautiful pictures must have been taken!!!

And another thing: aren't there any news about the Princes in Asturias? I was searching Asturian press but there is nothing...

Redferns said:
bigger scans:

Redferns many thanks for the photos!!!:flowers: ...but there aren´t only two photos....look at this one: http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/6818/recorteci6.jpg
This last one is similar to one of the two previous photos but in fact it is different.So there are only three photos:ermm:

Last edited:
I love the pictures, they look great, fresh, emphatized and really so in love. Without any doubyt my favourite couple.

Lauritas138 said:
Redferns many thanks for the photos!!!
flowers.gif
...but there aren´t only two photos....look at this one: http://img74.imageshack.us/img74/6818/recorteci6.jpg
This last one is similar to one of the two previous photos but in fact it is different.So there are only three photos
ermm.gif
Redferns probably wanted to say that in this suplement of "El Pais" ("EP Semanal") there are only 2 pics. The one you mentioned above is from yesterday's, Saturday edition of "El Pais". But you are right, from the whole photosession we have together only 3 pics, and I want more!!! :lol:

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Redferns probably wanted to say that in this suplement of "El Pais" ("EP Semanal") there are only 2 pics. The one you mentioned above is from yesterday's, Saturday edition of "El Pais". But you are right, from the whole photosession we have together only 3 pics, and I want more!!! :lol:

Only there are three photos, are not any more.;)

On your previous question, today there has been no information about the possible stay of the Princes in Asturias, maybe it has been some type of confusion. :wacko:

:wub: This pics are very interestings;

First they are very beautyful, they give the feeling of beauty ( of course ) youth, love and happyness and all of you had noticed that, me to.

But then I noticed is it's the first time that the Princes pose for a fotograph. We knew a lot of pics of them "live" in the streets, meetings, lobbies, galas, dinners and so on, but never ( except the official portrait) posing as the couple princely. The result is absolutly a success.

I can read here and there that the princess looks tired or something like that... It was two days before the announce of her second pregnancy ! Bingo..she was tired but so beautiful !:wub:

Last edited:
Thank you all so much for the pictures :flowers: . They look absolutely beautiful :wub:

They looks beautiful together no matter live or on pose pics:wub:
I agre that now we know why sometimes Leti wasn't present or looks tired. Thanks for these photos of the Princes of Asturias.:flowers:

grevinnan said:

Can't agree with you more here....:flowers:

LaChicaMadrilena said:

oh, well, well, they're sure getting our hopes high right here.............

i can't never get enough of leonor. she's so super cute. of course, her wonderful daddy and mommy as well.........

:flowers:
LaChicaMadrilena agree with but I hope that they will do that (photos like these) more: b-days, anniversaries, holidays ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom