Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 18: March - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I Agree with you cristiñaki, it´s seems a really postcard... but it would be better if people were not behind the Princess !

They seem so relaxed and happy, like this is the type of activity they enjoy the most!! Thanks for the pictures

Thanks for all the pictures. I like Letizia's outfit on both days, but I can't believe she wore high heels to the national park.

highpriestess said:
Thanks for all the pictures. I like Letizia's outfit on both days, but I can't believe she wore high heels to the national park.
Did she really wear heels?:eek: I didn't notice that. She looks much smaller next to giant Felipe than during "normal" acts. Anyway, she had been there before so she probably knew that heels are not the best option for such ocasion:)

Yes! she barely reaches his shoulders.

That outfit was extraordinary and really appropiate for the ocation. I agree with the fact that she should not wear heels to the National Park; however, the heels were perfectly combined with the rest of the outfit. Also she knows that she is short compared to her husband, thus, she always wear heels to try to seem a little taller at his side.

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Did she really wear heels?:eek: I didn't notice that. She looks much smaller next to giant Felipe than during "normal" acts. Anyway, she had been there before so she probably knew that heels are not the best option for such ocasion:)

Yes, the princess did wear heels to the park, although not as high as we are used to see her in

From Reuters:

If she wants to wear highheel boots to the park I say go for it. She looked great as usual.

Does anyone have any information on their trip to Israel? I think it was supposed to be after the elections. I'm really interested in this particular trip. I had heard that Prince Felipe would speak to the Knesset. Is that true? Thanks for any information you might have.

super thanks Anna_R for posting the pics from Reuters! lazy me...he he ;)

lucys said:
Does anyone have any information on their trip to Israel? I think it was supposed to be after the elections. I'm really interested in this particular trip. I had heard that Prince Felipe would speak to the Knesset. Is that true? Thanks for any information you might have.
The trip commemorates 20 anniversary of the diplomatic relations between both countries, and yes, the Prince will speak in the Knesset;)

http://www.hoy.es/pg060406/prensa/noticias/Internacional/200604/06/HOY-INT-190.html

The Princes of Asturias will travel to Israel next July, announced yesterday in Valladolid the diplomat and speaker of the Israeli Embassy in Spain, Jackie Eldan. The exact date of the official trip is still for being necessary, when this year fulfills the vigésimo anniversary of the establishment of relations between both countries, which the diplomat qualified of "phenomenal".

Last edited by a moderator:
From imagine

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 170
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    34.5 KB · Views: 229
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 183
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 390
  • 6.JPG
    6.JPG
    28.5 KB · Views: 194
  • 7.JPG
    7.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 171
  • 8.JPG
    8.JPG
    33.1 KB · Views: 221
lucys said:

what is knesset?

From Rex, I guess sensible shoes will never be Letizias motto:p

Attachments

• 580837B.jpg
    580837B.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 269
  • 580837C.jpg
    580837C.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 580837E.jpg
    580837E.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 580837G.jpg
    580837G.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 217
  • 580837H.jpg
    580837H.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 200
  • 580837A.jpg
    580837A.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 173
  • 580837F.jpg
    580837F.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 180
Larzen said:
From Rex, I guess sensible shoes will never be Letizias motto:p

looking at the first pic you posted, you'll see why. she needs to stand as tall as she can because she can look so diminutive beside Felipe. :D

PS--i like your signature ;)

Any word on if the will attend Carl Gustaf 60th birthday in the end of April or the Thai Kings Diamond Jubile aound June 12??
Thanks in advance

Larzen said:
Any word on if the will attend Carl Gustaf 60th birthday in the end of April or the Thai Kings Diamond Jubile aound June 12??
Thanks in advance

There is no news. Normally the agendas are given on Friday of every week not before. Some news can filter, if how in this case one speaks from the embassy or from the organism that organizes the act, but the exact agendas of each week are given every Friday.;)

lula said:
http://www.hoy.es/pg060406/prensa/noticias/Internacional/200604/06/HOY-INT-190.html

The Princes of Asturias will travel to Israel next July, announced yesterday in Valladolid the diplomat and speaker of the Israeli Embassy in Spain, Jackie Eldan. The exact date of the official trip is still for being necessary, when this year fulfills the vigésimo anniversary of the establishment of relations between both countries, which the diplomat qualified of "phenomenal".
Thanks. Isn't the trip to Beijing around that time too?

lucys said:
Thanks. Isn't the trip to Beijing around that time too?

Yes, the trip to China is programmed for July. ;)

http://www.europapress.es/europa2003/noticia.aspx?cod=20060406145512&tabID=1&ch=71

The Princes of Asturias will preside tomorrow at the closing of the National Congress of the Reading

The director of the Royal Academy of the Language will declare the conference of closing of the event

MERIDA, 6 Abr. (EUROPA PRESS)-

The princes of Asturias will preside tomorrow at the closing of the National I Congreso of the Reading, act in the one that they will be accompanied by the president of the Meeting of Estremadura, Juan Carlos Rodríguez Ibarra, and that will take place in the Cultural Complex San Francisco at 11.30 hours.

(...)

Later there will take the word the mayor of Caceres, the president of the Meeting of Estremadura and the Prince of Asturias, don Felipe de Borbón, who will close the meeting. Finally, The princes of Asturias will proceed to sign in Honor de la Institución Cultural's Book The Brocense.
The National I Congreso of the Reading, in which they are informing relevant personalities of the literature and of the culture, is organized by the ninisterio of Culture and the Council of Culture, in collaboration with the Foundation Germán Sanchez Ruipérez. Sedate her of the congress it was fixed in Caceres as support to the candidacy to be Capital Cultural Europea in 2016.

http://www.especialeshf.com/bodareal/noticias/noticia210.htm

Felipe and Letizia at the wheelchair basketball finals
Good weather, the good humor and warm welcome, this was what the Princes of Asturias found during their trip to the Costa Brava, last weekend. Felipe and Letizia attended the finals match of the Copa del Rey of basketball in wheelchair, which faced, in the locality of Castelló d'Empúries, the trwams Vital Vigo Amfiv and Once Andalucía, of Seville.
The captain of the last team, Diego de Paz, was the one who received the trophy of this 28th edition and thanked the Princes for their support. The Heir and his wife were very smiling during all the journey. They posed for all the cameras of that requested it and, after the party, they talked for more than half an hour with the players and their relatives.
Finally, they were presented with the "Dansa of the Foc", a typical dance with torches that commemorates the destruction of the town, after the siege by the Carlist troops.

During their stay in the locality of the Alto Ampurdán, the Princes received many samples of affection. Don Felipe left the sports pavilion with a basketball t-shirt with number six inscribed on the back, and also with a pile of anecdotes and affectionate gestures from the inhabitants of this locality.
Afterwards, Felipe and Letizia went to the restaurant "Mas Pau", in Avinyonet de Puigventós. They made a small break in their way towards Lérida to have lunch. The Prince chose a minestrone with egg and a typical plate (codfish pie with string beans of Santa Pau); Doña Letizia preferred vegetables and pularda with prawns.

Attachments

• noti210a.jpg
    noti210a.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
wow, is it just me or Plitizia seems to lose all the pregnancy weight!(in image post#174)

The Principes de Asturias presides over closing tomorrow congress in Caceres.

Tomorrow presides the closing of the I National Congress of the Reading, that from is celebrated yesterday in Caceres with the participation of 35 ponentes, in an act that also counted on the attendance of the president of the Meeting of Extremadura, Juan Carlos Rodriguez Ibarra.

http://actualidad.terra.es/cultura/articulo/principes_asturias_caceres_822470.htm

The Principes de Asturias closes the congress today.

The I National Congress of the Reading arrives today at their aim in a day in which the few round communications and tables that are to be celebrated side inevitably eclipsadas by the presence of the Principes de Asturias in the closing act. This anticipating that Don Felipe and Doña Letizia arrive approximately at Caceres to eleven in the morning, to be transferred immediately to the Cultural Complex San Francisco, in whose audience asistira the conference of leera closing that the president of the Real Spanish Academy of the Language.

http://www.hoy.es/pg060407/prensa/noticias/Sociedad/200604/07/HOY-SOC-205.html

Photos from Lecturas.
lecturas1.jpg

Lecturas2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom