Prince Albert and Princess Charlene Current Events - Part 1: July 2011- February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You are right, beautiful. Very elegant.

Monaco glamour brought to Harewood House event

Published on Sunday 4 September 2011 19:09

THE Prince and Princess of Monaco were among VIPs at Yorkshire's Harewood House last night for the Variety Club Golden Jubilee Ball.

Prince Albert, 53, and Princess Charlene, 33, a former South African Olympic swimmer, were the guests of honour at the ball, which was attended by more than 300 people and raised more than £250,000 for charity.
Yorkshire Post

Prince Albert looks more healthy and vigorous than I can remember from the past. Perhaps being married agrees with him. Charlene looked very elegant.

That ivory evening gown she is wearing is stunning.

She could have even worn it-accessorized-as her bridal gown!

They look great together and obviously Charlene was enjoying herself.

On german tv there was a short video of the visit in Leeds.
Exclusiv Das Starmagazin Videos Bilder Prominente Stars - RTL.de
(scroll down to Videos: Charlene und Albert: Unterkühlter Umgang) It's not worth translating.... talking about Albert not wearing his wedding ring at past events, crises, not pregnant yet... bla bla. I wonder which woman would be pregnant just days after the wedding and already showing it after 2 months.
But it was nice to have some moving pics :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I like how his tie matched her dress is Switzerland! And she looked so beautiful and elegant in Leeds.

Slideshow: Prince Albert of Monaco visits Leeds as charity ball raises £250,000 - Central Leeds - Yorkshire Evening Post

:previous:
nearly lmao (but mainly surprised) when i heard royalty visited my home city of Leeds (normally we have less important royals like lords and majors etc.. being forced to visit us lol),

shame it wasnt advertised more locally otherwise i would have proberly got on the bus to see them :bang:

ive been to Harewood House numerous times, and its a beautiful manor.

So glad they came to raise much needed funds for st james hospital BUT i think money could have been split between the two hospitals considering it was a children's charity and the childrens department have moved to the other hospital in the Leeds General Infirmary.

looking at the photos princess Charlene looks beautiful, considering it was freezing yesterday

Last edited:
Charlene is looking elegant. Perhaps their married life will run smoothly. I hope so. But they are NOT royal, they are serene highnesses of a principality, look it up and you will see what royalty is. I must say I, personally, would prefer their rich little Rock principality to some of the countries that still have royalty or to being an exiled Royal Highness.

Charlene is looking elegant. Perhaps their married life will run smoothly. I hope so. But they are NOT royal, they are serene highnesses of a principality, look it up and you will see what royalty is. I must say I, personally, would prefer their rich little Rock principality to some of the countries that still have royalty or to being an exiled Royal Highness.
Yes princess charlene look very nice wife & mother in future :wub: prince albert is very good man to

The question of "royal" or "princely" will always be "raising its ugly head", at least from time to time.

I, for one, have no problem with the Grimaldi being princely - it sets them off nicely from "royals" which are ten a penny :)

Monaco is not a royalty, it is a principauty, this is princely, the prince and the princess are called prince or princess sovereighn not king or queen but the medias say royal and it is wrong

I suppose it's laziness, or lack of knowledge .....

But..... girls, who would not rather have a Prince (Charming or not) than a boring old king ? :)))

I would prefer a Prince Charming, but perhaps not Albert. If he would like to give me his palace instead I would be grateful. The blue room is just out of this world. They don't use it much for photographs, Rainier and Grace seemed to prefer the cream and gold of the throne room? It certainly matched Grace's complexion. One would have to be a Smurf to match the blue room I suppose.

One would have to be a Smurf to match the blue room I suppose.

:lol::lol:
No Prince, no King for me, thanks. I already have my Prince Charming.

I don't wanna be in there place. Too much attention, no privacy. Being Princess Charlene is not always glamour and fun. Even if you get used to it, it must be hard being recognized all the time.
But she's doing a wonderful job ;)
Btw in Germany we call Albert and Charlene Fürst und Fürstin.

Isn't that Count and Countess Smush? Of course Count gets complicated in English, as it is Earl but the Countess remains a Countess, LOL.

No. Count and Countess would be Graf und Gräfin.
It's the same title as The Pricely House of Thurn und Taxis.
There is no translation for Fürst und Fürstin.
That's what I learned at the wedding of Charlene and Albert. It's just Prince and Princess. The only difference between for example Prince William and Prince Albert is HRH and HSH.
In Germany we say:
Seine Durchlaucht Fürst Albert. Which means Serene Highness.
Seine königliche Hoheit Prinz William. Which means Royal Highness.

If you check BEW photos, under "Charlene Monaco", you'll see several more versions from the Panda events. Also, the same photos are under Newscom.

:previous:

I've seen those as well, but they seemed not worth posting to me, as they are basically the same.
Only this one is different - Charlene with Kirsty Bertarelli, song writer and wife of Ernesto Bertarelli,
a Swiss billionaire.

I was wondering who this woman is. Thanks for the information iceflower!

To most people, if you are a "Highness" of any sort AND you are a Prince and Princess AND you live in a palace AND you mix with other princes and princesses, Kings and Queens, then the technicalities of your title don't really matter ie you live a special world. I am not suggesting that Princes have magical lives but there is clearley something special about how they live or none of us would be attracted to these forums or in watching Royal weddings on t.v. etc.

Last edited:
No. Count and Countess would be Graf und Gräfin.
It's the same title as The Pricely House of Thurn und Taxis.
There is no translation for Fürst und Fürstin.
That's what I learned at the wedding of Charlene and Albert. It's just Prince and Princess. The only difference between for example Prince William and Prince Albert is HRH and HSH.
In Germany we say:
Seine Durchlaucht Fürst Albert. Which means Serene Highness.
Seine königliche Hoheit Prinz William. Which means Royal Highness.

That, and the fact that Albert is actually a soverign.

Pics and information about the Montblanc 'Collection Princesse Grace de Monaco' World Premiere presentation
attended by the Princely couple as well as Princess Caroline can be found at the following thread:

** Princely Family of Monaco: Current Events Part 6 **

Last edited:
Yes, that is a bit different isn't it?

I do like the green that Charlene is wearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom