Names for Felipe & Letizia 2nd girl

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
wymanda said:
I hope they don't call her Maria Anything!!

This latin/catholic penchant for appending Maria to every name they can is very irritating

I must know hundreds of people named Maria-something (including my mother).:lol: But most of them are named after family members or it's a family tradition. I don't mind it. But I wouldn't want it for the Infanta;)

A name starting with an "L" like Letizia and Leonor are ;-))))

I like the names of Sofía, Mercedes, Catalina or Cristina... Also there is a name that has appeared in my list at the last hour... Beatriz. It is a nice name, though in Spain it has scanty history, the most recent Beatriz is the daughter of the Queen Victoria Eugenia whose mother had the same name.
But to part of it, I have liked for the meaning, " the one that brings the happiness ", after the tragedy that has lived through the family of the Princess, this girl is going to bring the first happiness and the first hope, what does of the name Beatriz a very appropriate name.

Beatriz was the first name that came into my mind when they announced they were having another girl..:flowers:
"Leonor and Beatriz " sounds right for me!!!

It definately used in Spain, though I do not know where the name originates. King Alphonso XIII had a daughter called Beatriz (named after Queen Ena's mother, Princess Beatrice). Infanta Beatriz is the grandmother of Princess Sybilla of Luxembourg btw.

Beatriz is a Spanish name- Bay-ah-Trees (tris- it's hard to type the phonetic of the last syllable)
I've met a few of them. I'm pretty sure it shares the same origins as the other pronounciations of Beatriz.

i don't think the name will be sofia
I imagine that they will try not to make a difference between the two families
imagine Leonor has as godfather her grandparent paternal it is the tradition ok
but there is the family of letizia
I think as for this kind of thing which can with the tima a little irritating the family of letizia
it will be a neutral name or in connection with erika without being erika

ladybelline said:
Beatriz was the first name that came into my mind when they announced they were having another girl..:flowers:
"Leonor and Beatriz " sounds right for me!!!

It does indeed. The first name I thought of was Catalina, which is cute as well, but Beatriz and Isabel are my faves.

I like the names of Sofia, Erika, Ana (my name:lol: )...

Why not Sofía? Royals always christen their children with the name of some of their grandparents...Maybe they should not use "Sofía" as her first name, but it may be present in second or third order...For example Beatriz Sofía etc, etc...

Vanesa.

Gabriela, I love that name, in spanish means angel, so I would like Gabriela Sofia.

Infanta Lucía de Borbón y Ortíz!
Infanta Laura de Borbón y Ortíz!

Vanesa said:
Why not Sofía? Royals always christen their children with the name of some of their grandparents...Maybe they should not use "Sofía" as her first name, but it may be present in second or third order...For example Beatriz Sofía etc, etc...

Vanesa.

I don't think the new baby will have a second name because Leonor only has one name. And for some reason I don't think they will name her after the Queen though, just a hunch. On that note I like the names Catalina, Carolina, or Margarita.

I like the name Catalina, but i think is going to be Sofia!

I still like the sound of the name: Infanta Catalina de Todos los Santos de Borbón Ortiz, personally I don't think they'll name her Sofía, if they didn't with Infanta Leonor, I don't think they will with the new Infanta. Plus I remember reading somewhere (I'll try to find where) that Queen Sofía didn't wanted her granddaughters to be named after her, anyway, maybe they could start something like the dutch triple "A", with a double "L", who knows!:flowers:

I think Lucia Laura has a nice ring to it but I doubt there will be a middle name.

-Laura
-Lucia:wub:
-Catalina
-Cristina
-Louisa
-Eugenia

I love Cristina but I'm not sure whether they would name her after her aunt.
Eugenia is also really pretty

I think they will surprise us:)

Laura is nice. I love this name as well as Lucía...But , like Popy, I think this time it will be Sofía.

Vanesa.

The Prince says they have "finalists" :lol: but haven't picked one yet.
Maybe they want to see her little face to know which one fits her best! :flowers:

I doubt they'll pick Laura because Felipe's cousin is married to a Laura and their daughter is also named Laura. I know the names get tossed around in these families, but still three Lauras in the same family? I don't know.

Catalina....is that a usual name in Spain? In America we have a salad dressing called Catalina. I will always think of that I am sure.:lol: This is not meant to offend anyone on here by that name.

http://shopuncleharrys.dukestores.duke.edu/images/dressing%20028.jpg

And what about "Natalia"?
I think that this one is very nice although it isn´t a very royal name.

Lauritas138 said:
And what about "Natalia"?
I think that this one is very nice although it isn´t a very royal name.
I love Natalia, I have always thought I will call my daughter like that;) But is it really Spanish?

Personally I think that we (and all those magazines that created the polls with names:ROFLMAO:) will be pretty surprised again :rolleyes: Maybe this time they will just choose the name they like (how it sounds and the meaning), not necesarily the one with royal origin. We will see...

LaChicaMadrilena said:
I love Natalia, I have always thought I will call my daughter like that;) But is it really Spanish?

Yes,it is really nice:flowers: .My mother and my sister are called "Natalia" and i have read that the origin of this name is latin....but I doubt that the princes choose this name:ermm:

Hola speculated on 'Jimena' (a very pretty medieval name), name of the wife of Alfonso III, the last King of Asturias.

i think they choose the name how nobody councils has, but in her christening name, there stand name's who every now from the history!

donnaK said:
Hola speculated on 'Jimena' (a very pretty medieval name), name of the wife of Alfonso III, the last King of Asturias.

I hadn't thought of that possiblity, but Jimena is a very pretty name :flowers:

I love it!! Jimena de Todos los Santos de Borbón y Ortiz.. how pretty! :wub:

Could someone please explain how Jimena is pronounced? Thanks. :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom